Widgets Magazine

Thread: Wheeler District

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Downtown Airpark (The Waterfront)

Seeing the list of company names along the bottom of the rendering led me to investigate them for any further info. However... not much luck.

* Johnson & Associates (there are several -- I'll assume that this is the OKC based company)
    Johnson and Associates

But it's just a mainly empty stub.

* Howard Fairbairn Site Design
    www.hfsdinc.com

Which is also a largely empty stub. Sigh. But they also have a facebook page:

Howard-Fairbairn Site Design - Oklahoma City, OK - Local Business | Facebook

Which does have some interesting stuff on it, but nothing about the proposed riverfront concert venue. And the last entry is from about a year ago.

* Studio Architecture
    Home - Studio Architecture

Well, at least there's actual stuff on their site. But nothing about the concert venue that I can find.

Default Re: Downtown Airpark (The Waterfront)

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Seeing the list of company names along the bottom of the rendering led me to investigate them for any further info. However... not much luck.

* Johnson & Associates (there are several -- I'll assume that this is the OKC based company)
    Johnson and Associates

But it's just a mainly empty stub.

* Howard Fairbairn Site Design
    www.hfsdinc.com

Which is also a largely empty stub. Sigh. But they also have a facebook page:

Howard-Fairbairn Site Design - Oklahoma City, OK - Local Business | Facebook

Which does have some interesting stuff on it, but nothing about the proposed riverfront concert venue. And the last entry is from about a year ago.

* Studio Architecture
    Home - Studio Architecture

Well, at least there's actual stuff on their site. But nothing about the concert venue that I can find.
    Johnson & Associates - Civil Engineer - They did the canal in the California Street area, I had to coordinate with them on the JDM Place project since they did that section.

Howard & Fairbairn - Landscape Architecture - I worked with Scott Fairbairn at Benham and kind of knew Scott Howard. They have been in the OKC market for a long time and are very good landscape architects.

Studio Architecture - Architecture - Started by some ex-FSB and Benham people, I worked with one of the principals when he was at Benham and worked with the other one who was at FSB at the time on the Henderson Hills Baptist Church new campus master planning charrette. They ended up forming Studio Architecture and did the Henderson Hills campus project. It looks like the one at FSB is no longer there but the one that I worked with at Benham is still there, he was one of the sharpest people that I ever worked with in my professional life. If I were to move back to OKC they are probably one of the first firms that I would talk to.

I would be surprised if they had anything on their sites about the venue since it seems that it just became public which to me would mean that the Humphrey's people just gave it the go ahead.

Thread Information