Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
I'm not an expert, but I do pay a fair amount of attention. I think most OKC stations have changed to ATSC 3.0 broadcast signal within the last 5-ish years. I'm not sure what it is, but it's supposed to be really neato when fully implemented.

I watch a lot of over the air. Sub-channels and low power stations. I'm starting to wonder if my shop HD Homerun unit is old and breaking down? I have hell getting KOCO to come in during certain extra hot or cold times.

Do you have a "whole house" unit that sends the antenna signal to your devices, or is the signal individually cabled to each TV straight from the antenna?
We have an attic in the antenna that is connected to a few of the TV's, no amplifier. For our TV's not near existing cable outlets, we have flat antennas on the back.

I know that KOCO and OETA are still both on VHF channels, while all the other OKC channels are UHF. Most newer antennas favor the UHF, however, with a little adjusting we are able to get KOCO and OETA just fine.

You bring up a good point about ATSC 3.0, I wonder if that compresses the signal differently, all of our TV's with built in tuners are still the ATSC 2.0 channels. I also figured all of the sub networks were causing the main signal to become more compressed.