Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep Deuce District

Blog Entries

Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Steve has an article out this afternoon about three new restaurants in DD, but the article is still paywalled.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Steve has an article out this afternoon about three new restaurants in DD, but the article is still paywalled.
    Yes, the founder of La Baguette and Chef Black have teamed up to create the 3 in DD but their first I think is on Campus Corner in Norman, Meatball House.

What was going on in Deep Deuce today? Movie shoot?

Apparently KD's Nike commercial. We were walking our dog and my husband asked one of the policemen.

5. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

I'm not sure. I tried to go to the Y and they said closed for a commercial shoot.

They shot a commercial down there a couple of months ago too. A couple of co-workers got to sit in the temporary stands during the shoot.

7. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

I rode by and saw all of the activity but didn't pay that much attention. But this e-mail I got last week from the YMCA now makes sense:

...The Downtown YMCA located at 1 Northwest 4th Street in Oklahoma City, will be CLOSED Monday, October 12th from 11:45am til closing (9pm) for a special community event. We will re-open at 5am on Tuesday, October 13th...

8. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Tried to go yesterday as well. They had a ton of equipment outside, a trailer with KD shirts outside of it on a big rack, police, etc.

9. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

The cool thing is it forced me to go the midtown Y which I think I might like a little better actually.

I never went by the Y. There was something happening on 2nd Street all day though. All part of the same thing I assume.

11. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    The cool thing is it forced me to go the midtown Y which I think I might like a little better actually.
    Yep, went to Century Center... I'll try out Midtown next time.

12. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

So so so cool of KD and Russ to use OKC as a backdrop in their extra-professional earnings. This is a huge win for the city as you get reinforcement of OKC as a brand that the city starts to become a character, much like Chicago or LA or NYC; a basketball city, an urban city where the likes of KD and Russ CHOOSE to live, work, and (dare I say) play.

We are not completely there yet but it is so nice to have superstars like KD and Russ who fully embrace the OKC brand, including the city which increases OKC's street cred. Today, nobody questions OKCs viability as an NBA market (even the Seattle trolls realize OKC's viability). Tomorrow, OKC will roll off the tongue when thinking of the NBA as easily as it does with college football. The future, OKC will be seen as a true major league market (more than one team). And I think this is sooner than many realize.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Yeah they have another day of shooting later this week. My friend was assisting as a PA, he said its all downtown.

14. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    So so so cool of KD and Russ to use OKC as a backdrop in their extra-professional earnings...
    The best examples to date:

and...

15. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

https://vimeo.com/33252772

(Sorry, can't figure out how to embed Vimeo)

and...

16. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

The one brownstone under construction is moving along.

Also, hard to see in the photos but Maywood II is now about one level above ground.

Blog Entries

Cool.

Will we get one for Maywood, too? :-P

This would definitely be cool. So many people think I am talking about Deep Deuce Apartments when I mention "Deep Deuce".

Dig the signage.

23. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

This would be fantastic, especially for the lighting under the bridge.

Deep Deuce could become neighborhood other cities only dream about | News OK

In my opinion Deep Deuce needs a major retail corridor to become a district that other cities envy. I think it could happen north of the district going up towards the Metropolitan. Retail though requires synergy and will require more developers to work together to help create it. Without it, you will have bars and restaurants here and there and maybe some boutique shops, but not the kind of urban retail corridor that hopefully the neighborhood one day has.

In addition, I completely agree with the article concerning better lighting and signage.

I never know where to post pictures of this random house.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	298 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	12110

Thread Information