Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213

Thread: Fake news

Default Re: Fake news

"A volunteer member of the advance team for #president #donaldtrump blocks the lens of a photographer trying to take a photo of a demonstrator during a #campaign rally in #evansville #indiana"

Evan Vucci
    @apnews Chief Photographer in Washington

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnH8WvzH..._state_control

National Park Service edited inauguration photos after Trump, Spicer calls

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/polit...tos/index.html

I give you exhibit 248,094 in all it's Daily Beast glory:

It’s Not Just Antifa: Now GOP Wants to Lock Up Liberal Women by Kelly Weill @ Daily Beast

Keep in mind, at no point does she actually reference a single GOP person (of any kind) insisting that liberal women be locked up because they are liberal women. I suppose if they happen to be breaking the law and they are liberal women maybe, but then that would be about the most misleading diatribe EVER.

And this is another thing that is getting irritating.

Republicans Seize On 'Angry Mob' Mantra To Keep Their Midterm Base Fired Up @ NPT

Somehow as there are mobs of loony leftists (and I'm not painting with a broad brush, I just mean these moon bats stopping traffic and banking on giant copper doors), its the Republicans that are taking the action here. wtf NPR. As if those GOPers "pounced" on the mobs chasing them out of a restaurants. Come on now.

I see nothing wrong with amplifying and publicizing things said and done by the left. It's starting to be scary when mainstream Democrats like Eric Holder and Hillary, as much as they lamely deny it, are using violent language to encourage action against Republicans. If they go low, we kick them, the time for Civility with Republicans is over. l guess neither of them remember the left-wing nut who tried to shoot up the Republican Senate softball team, Democrat maggots who dox Republican politician home addresses, childrens names, schools and health records, a-holes who confront Republicans just trying to have a meal with their families. No, their talk only is to encourage only symbolic violence - maybe mass martial arts forms or Tai-chi. As I've said elsewhere and Rand Paul said, this thing is going to end with someone getting killed.

The best thread for this i guess:

NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel has recently pulled back from airing President Donald Trump’s campaign-style rallies during prime time, a move that could put a crimp in Republican efforts to reach voters in the weeks before midterm elections.

During much of the late summer, Fox would pre-empt its lucrative nightly lineup of Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham in order to air the rallies. None of its rivals did so. It was an important platform for the president and his supporters, since Fox’s opinionated hosts are generally their first choice for political coverage.

https://apnews.com/95299f58cec14987b258a3003e9d78ee

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    The best thread for this i guess:

NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel has recently pulled back from airing President Donald Trump’s campaign-style rallies during prime time, a move that could put a crimp in Republican efforts to reach voters in the weeks before midterm elections.

During much of the late summer, Fox would pre-empt its lucrative nightly lineup of Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham in order to air the rallies. None of its rivals did so. It was an important platform for the president and his supporters, since Fox’s opinionated hosts are generally their first choice for political coverage.

https://apnews.com/95299f58cec14987b258a3003e9d78ee
    If I had to guess, the on air talent was getting peeved that they were getting bumped for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    If I had to guess, the on air talent was getting peeved that they were getting bumped for these.
    absolutely... because i bet there salaries are tied to ratings... and so if they aren't airing, they probably are loosing money. if i were one of these on-air talents, i would be getting peeved too if it were affecting my bank balance

More likely ratings and money at the network level, not because the talking heads aren't happy.

Trump, no longer ratings gold, loses his prime-time spot on Fox News

<snip>

But from Fox’s perspective, Trump is no longer a sure bet to beat Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity or Laura Ingraham. For instance, on Aug. 30, Fox News’ 8 p.m. hour was mostly consumed by Trump’s rally in Evansville, Ind., earning 2.536 million viewers, according to Nielsen, compared to the 2.8 million viewers Carlson averaged at that time during 2018’s third quarter.

In 2017, when Trump rallied much less frequently, his events at times popped for more than 4 million viewers on Fox News — a number he hasn’t come close to in 2018, according to a POLITICO assessment of Nielsen ratings. This year, numbers have typically ranged from 2.5 to 3.5 million, per Nielsen, depending on a variety of factors, including day, time and whether there’s something big on another channel.

The biggest change is the sheer number of rallies. With so many, “they don’t want to give up so much prime-time real estate,” said one person familiar with Fox News’ decision making.

Trump’s campaign speeches tend to follow a similar pattern, and this person said network officials’ fear was that too much repetition would lead to lower ratings. That could particularly be a problem during a busy news period like the first week of October, when Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination was still up in the air.

“They’re going with the route they think will give the best ratings performance,” the person said.

Compounding the issue, Fox News can’t take commercial breaks while Trump is speaking — he often goes on for more than an hour — costing the network some of its best advertising slots. With so many rallies and little promise of a ratings boost, there’s not much incentive for the network to clear air time.

It can also be frustrating to plan an hourlong show knowing each block might be swapped for a standard presidential stump speech, said former Fox News host Eric Bolling, who left the network in September 2017 but whose program was often interrupted by rally coverage during his tenure.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ox-news-891621

I can't even sit through the party nomination things, let alone some random pit stop in Wisconsin (or where ever they were). I doubt that is a sentiment that is unique to myself.

Trump still pretty much dominates every single news cycle. People are still interested in one for or another. The week of the Kavanaugh hearings w/ Ford was the least I have seen Trump in the news pretty much since he announced his run.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I see nothing wrong with amplifying and publicizing things said and done by the left. It's starting to be scary when mainstream Democrats like Eric Holder and Hillary, as much as they lamely deny it, are using violent language to encourage action against Republicans. If they go low, we kick them, the time for Civility with Republicans is over. l guess neither of them remember the left-wing nut who tried to shoot up the Republican Senate softball team, Democrat maggots who dox Republican politician home addresses, childrens names, schools and health records, a-holes who confront Republicans just trying to have a meal with their families. No, their talk only is to encourage only symbolic violence - maybe mass martial arts forms or Tai-chi. As I've said elsewhere and Rand Paul said, this thing is going to end with someone getting killed.
    Her name was Heather Heyer. She was protesting nazis when one of you right wing nut jobs plowed right into her with a car and ended her life. So, please, save this pearl clutching over a tweet by Maxine Waters.

Do you have this rant saved to re-post every couple of weeks or has Fox News just turned your brain to mush?

Quote Originally Posted by checkthat View Post
    Her name was Heather Heyer. She was protesting nazis when one of you right wing nut jobs plowed right into her with a car and ended her life. So, please, save this pearl clutching over a tweet by Maxine Waters.

Do you have this rant saved to re-post every couple of weeks or has Fox News just turned your brain to mush?
    Name a conservative talking head that espoused that type of behavior. Or better, one that thought it was acceptable after the fact.

The President said the nazis were fine people, after they murdered her. After the fact, many states, including Oklahoma, tried to pass laws making it legal to run over protesters. Surely of you favorite talking heads were against that.

Quote Originally Posted by checkthat View Post
    The President said the nazis were fine people, after they murdered her. After the fact, many states, including Oklahoma, tried to pass laws making it legal to run over protesters. Surely of you favorite talking heads were against that.
    Extraordinary misleading. No one EVER made a case that the action was acceptable.

And none of those laws excuse negligent behavior. That's not exactly ground breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Extraordinary misleading. No one EVER made a case that the action was acceptable.

And none of those laws excuse negligent behavior. That's not exactly ground breaking.
    Are you implying that the act of deliberately driving a car into a group of people exercising their constitutional right to protest is merely negligence?

Quote Originally Posted by RodH View Post
    Are you implying that the act of deliberately driving a car into a group of people exercising their constitutional right to protest is merely negligence?
    Not merely, but yes he negligently drove a vehicle, among other infractions. There are ways to drive a vehicle that are negligent that are not hate crimes.

He may have been scared for his life by an angry mob he found himself in.

speaking of fake news, with the Saudi crap goin on now, it is worth looking back on the Nayirah incident, which helped
    get the ball rolling on our disgraceful involvement in the Middle East.... the Saudi stuff is like a real-life Nayirah incident

https://www.prwatch.org/books/tsigfy10.html

Arkansas radio ad claims Democrats will be 'lynching black folk again' if people don't vote Republican - NY Daily News
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...outputType=amp

Thread Information