Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Container Store

Default Container Store

After years of speculation, plans have been filed for a Container Store location in Oklahoma City.

The 23,000 square foot store would be at the far northwest corner of the Penn Square Mall parking lot.

Although renderings have deleted the store name, the design is clearly one of more recent free-standing Container Stores built elsewhere around the U.S.

Also, reliable sources tell OKCTalk this will indeed be a Container Store.

The first tiny 1,600 square foot store was opened in 1978 in Dallas. Since that time the company, now based in Coppell, Texas, has opened approximately 80 locations across the United States.

The featured merchandise is designed to “simplify your life” through various organization products and services.

As the typical size for a store is 25,000 square feet, this new location would be about average for the chain.

Default Re: Container Store

Sweet!

I'm really excited. One of my favorite stores.

The mall has been working on this for quite a while but there is a utility easement in this area which they seem to now have under control.

Usually, by the time the mall files something they are ready to go, even though they will never comment publicly.

This and ThinkGeek seem like they should be really beneficial to the mall and the general area altogether.

Don't forget the huge new latest-gen Apple Store.

OKC's will be one of the first in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't forget the huge new latest-gen Apple Store.
    Dang! Penn Sqaure on a roll!!

Is that bank a UMB?

I'm hoping that does not negate the far NW exit going North on Penn. That is my standard exit area because of the lack of traffic. I will not be pleased if that disappears but surely they won't rely on the traditional entrances and exits to totally satisfy a new store in that location.

My wife loves this store. I must admit, lots of cool stuff there just some of it pricey. If you are looking for a specialty container, this is the best store to go look through.

10. Default Re: Container Store

Well my house will be very well organized and my bank account will be smaller soon!

I'm dangerous at the Container Store.

11. Default Re: Container Store

One thing the mall needs to seriously consider now, is another garage on the back side, or extending the existing one. All of these outparcel places like Elephant Bar, Cheesecake, etc take up those valuable spots during the holiday season. Granted, it brings in money the rest of the year, but for those 2 months, it's going to be even worse now to try to park.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Is that bank a UMB?
    Yes.

I work in North Penn Plaza, right across the street on Penn from the mall. They've been doing some weird work on the spot for a bit now. Super exciting to see this coming in over here. I wish they would build some other retail in front of UMB a la the retail shops in front of Lowes on Memorial Rd. But that's neither here nor there. This is a big get for Penn Square.

I've been wanting to go to one of these for a while! I'm pretty excited about this.

If we could get a Crate and Barrel, Kate Spade and Tory Burch, my wife would be happy and we would stop making trips to Dallas.

Don't be surprised if we get a Crate & Barrel relatively soon.

16. Default Re: Container Store

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    If we could get a Crate and Barrel, Kate Spade and Tory Burch, my wife would be happy and we would stop making trips to Dallas.
    Are we married to the same woman?

^I believe we all are.... Though mine just buys it online.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    ^I believe we all are.... Though mine just buys it online.
    Like he said... Are we married to the same woman

Do your wives use rent the runway as much as mine does? If so, that would be really weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't be surprised if we get a Crate & Barrel relatively soon.
    Care to share what area of town?

Do your wives use rent the runway as much as mine does? If so, that would be really weird...
    Holy crap, Tom Halverford's idea of Rent-a-Swag is a real thing?

21. Default Re: Container Store

I wish she would "rent" Everything is a buy for her. Lets just say last time I left NYC Tiffanys and Kate Spade took quite a bit of my(our) cash!

HangryHippo Guest

So construction should start pretty quick on this, no? When is it expected to open?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    One thing the mall needs to seriously consider now, is another garage on the back side, or extending the existing one. All of these outparcel places like Elephant Bar, Cheesecake, etc take up those valuable spots during the holiday season. Granted, it brings in money the rest of the year, but for those 2 months, it's going to be even worse now to try to park.
    I agree. It also doesn't help that the current one has a very poor design where each aisle on the first floor has to turn around in the normal road, which creates a lot traffic issues during the holidays. If they added a new structure, they could probably rework the old one to fix that issue.

Shhhhhh, don't be discussing places like rent the runway in public forums. No need to be spreading that particular shopping virus.

Yes................

Thread Information