Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frayer Office Building

Far North Frayer Office Building

The Key Inc., owners of The Key auto dealership at 208 W. Interstate 240, have started work on the Frayer Office Building at 4105 W. Memorial.

The design of the unusual 6-story building features two tornado-shaped structures with a soaring glass atrium. It will be located on the north side of Memorial Road very near Mercy Hospital.

The president of The Key is David Frayer who last year proposed a 92,000 square foot residence in northeast Edmond, which would be the large private home in the country. To date, work has not started on that project.

The plans were approved last year by the planning commission and some work has already commenced, including the clearing of the land and the installation of a construction trailer.

Johnson & Associates of Oklahoma City are the project engineers.

Default Re: Frayer Office Building

Easily one of the coolest & most unique buildings in OKC.

Very interesting building. I just don't know how much faith I have in it being constructed.

^

They've already started.

I like it. Wish it was downtown though, of course without the surface parking.

I'd be careful into how much faith you put into the Key. I'll believe this thing will be built when I see it and can walk in it. I'd love it if happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

They've already started.
    Then I will watch and wait

8. Default Re: Frayer Office Building

Weird.

I think this is better and more functional than that tornado tower proposed in Tulsa. Will definitely be one of the most unique buildings in the metro.

10. Default Re: Frayer Office Building

Who is the "architect?"

Very cool design, I hope we see it to completion.

I too am curious about the architect. While just having an architect doesn't necessarily lend credence to a project, I would be curious if it's at least a legitimate development team.

Moving some dirt around doesn't really mean a whole lot. Oklahoma's economy is in free fall at the moment and this type of project seems more typical of the wild boom years.

13. Default Re: Frayer Office Building

"Under construction" or not, I'll be shocked if this actually gets built in any way that remotely close to this sketchup model.

I hope its built just as depicted, bold not bland like most OKC architecture

utilities were laid for the project over the summer. if you drive by the site you'll see the fire line for the building stubbed up out of the ground where it will pass through the foundation into the sprinkler room.

I'm all for unique building designs. Build the Tornado tower, build Rand's Turbinomic Tower, rebuild the Stage Center, build something with vertical gardening in the design, etc. But this seems to be a waste in this area. A unique building surrounded by surface parking? Visitors aren't going to drive out there to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAW View Post
    I'm all for unique building designs. Build the Tornado tower, build Rand's Turbinomic Tower, rebuild the Stage Center, build something with vertical gardening in the design, etc. But this seems to be a waste in this area. A unique building surrounded by surface parking? Visitors aren't going to drive out there to see it.
    Yeah no one is ever out this way...ever. Forget about all the offices, the hospitals, the traffic bypassing the city to get to I-40 west, all the other attractions.

It's a building not a tourist attraction.

18. Default Re: Frayer Office Building

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    While just having an architect doesn't necessarily lend credence to a project...
    Johnson is a Civil Engineering firm. Having an architect on a project of this nature not only adds "credence," it satisfies the law. (My guess is this sketchup design was done by a student.)

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Yeah no one is ever out this way...ever. Forget about all the offices, the hospitals, the traffic bypassing the city to get to I-40 west, all the other attractions.

It's a building not a tourist attraction.
    Man, someone ate some peed in cereal this morning.

It can double as a tourist attraction in the proper location. Wouldn't it have been awesome if the Devon Tower was built on Memorial road? How about the Skydance bridge? Maybe put Chesapeake arena in Moore. The new Central Park in Yukon. Whitewater Rapids...Stanley Draper Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by JAW View Post
    Man, someone ate some peed in cereal this morning.

It can double as a tourist attraction in the proper location. Wouldn't it have been awesome if the Devon Tower was built on Memorial road? How about the Skydance bridge? Maybe put Chesapeake arena in Moore. The new Central Park in Yukon. Whitewater Rapids...Stanley Draper Lake.
    Sorry I just get tired of the general belly aching that prevails so often, but way to take my comment and spin it as an endorsement for major tourist attractions to be placed on the outskirts.

The Key huh. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    The Key huh. Okay.
    must be good money in the tote the note car lot business

That looks ridiculous...

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    must be good money in the tote the note car lot business
    Yes, there is a ton of money.

Charge very high rates then pay collection agencies for those who don't make their payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, there is a ton of money.

Charge very high rates then pay collection agencies for those who don't make their payments.
    This should be example number one of why you're getting ripped off when buying from one of these places.

Thread Information