Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That TV Series

Default That TV Series

What is the name of that TV series that is supposed to be about a detective living in OKC called? Isn’t it supposed to air this month?

Default Re: That TV Series

grace.

-M

3. Default Re: That TV Series

I read something recently (I'll see if I can't find it...) that said it would premier this summer.

4. Default Re: That TV Series

Huh? what channel? I've never heard of it.

it's going to air on tnt. -M

From the TNT Website:

Saving Grace
    coming this summer
    Academy Award®-winning actress Holly Hunter (The Piano), in her first television series, takes on the role of a cynical police detective facing a personal crisis of divine proportions in the provocative new TNT original series SAVING GRACE, premiering in July.

Ok, thanks!

Whaaa.....?? A detective in OKC? Anyone know more about this? I'm intrigued!

10. Default Re: That TV Series

To be honest, sounds like something that would be on Lifetime. Well, maybe not, it's not based on a true story about a 15 year old having a baby or some woman being murdered. Actually, I bet it will have all of that and more.

Yeah, and I'm just sure Oklahoma City is going to be portrayed in the most wonderful light....

-soonerdave

12. Default Re: That TV Series

Some of you obviously haven't read too much about it. It is created by and written by a woman from Oklahoma, who loves Oklahoma. While I am sure it will have some stereotypical things in it, I will be surprised if it is negative towards Oklahoma City.

brian,

I have no doubt that the person who created the series has good motivations. Its the translation to the actual TV screen that usually gets Oklahoma portrayed badly.

Maybe I'm wrong.

-soonerdave

14. Default Re: That TV Series

well said sd.

15. Default Re: That TV Series

Episode one; "Our heroine discovers that Jim Inhofe's brain has been stolen by SUV driving zombie soccer moms from Edmond. She must enlist the aid of mranderson who is telepathically linked to Inhofe due to their being seperated at birth."

16. Default Re: That TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Episode one; "Our heroine discovers that Jim Inhofe's brain has been stolen by SUV driving zombie soccer moms from Edmond. She must enlist the aid of mranderson who is telepathically linked to Inhofe due to their being seperated at birth."
    Thanks for the compliment. That means a lot since Inhoffe has been a republican in excellent standing for longer than many on this board have been alive.

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. That means a lot since Inhoffe has been a republican in excellent standing for longer than many on this board have been alive.
    Must be a really low bar of excellence...

18. Default Re: That TV Series

It's like Republican Limbo.

19. Default Re: That TV Series

So...you are basically giving me carte blanche to compare you to any Republican in "excellent standing" and you'll consider it a compliment?

Coming attractions: Holly Hunter has 'Grace' - USATODAY.com

Here's a USA today link for the show.

Hey, although mranderson and I have had our differences on some issues, I will make no apologies for being a Republican and admire the fact that there are some Republicans who will stand for their principles despite media and political pressure. Tactics aside, Inhofe is willing to stand in the face of the global warming hysteria mongers and scream that the emperor has no clothes. Surely the media won't (although the NY Times pretty much did last week, to my amazement).

As far as Inhofe goes, I understand that his tactics are considered harsh, contrarian, even abrasive, but in many cases you have no choice but to be that way to be heard at all. Someone has to speak out while it's still legal to speak out, because I guarantee you the right of free speech has never been in greater peril than it is right now - particularly under the "Environmentalism" agenda.

If we want to discuss this kind of stuff, let me respectfully suggest that we move it to a different board. Political discussions aren't relevant to a thread about a new cop TV drama...I've vented my spleen on the global warming idiocy in another thread, so don't know if there's really fresh ground to cultivate there.

-soonerdave

22. Default Re: That TV Series

Sooner, merely trying to inject a little humor. My apologies if you were offended.

Sooner, merely trying to inject a little humor. My apologies if you were offended.
    Heavens, not at all!! I readily admit that sometimes the subtley of some humor doesn't get past the concrete between my ears. No problem at all.

BTW, I love the Calvin avatar. That's a comic strip I really miss.

-soonerdave

24. Default Re: That TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Hey, although mranderson and I have had our differences on some issues, I will make no apologies for being a Republican and admire the fact that there are some Republicans who will stand for their principles despite media and political pressure. Tactics aside, Inhofe is willing to stand in the face of the global warming hysteria mongers and scream that the emperor has no clothes. Surely the media won't (although the NY Times pretty much did last week, to my amazement).

As far as Inhofe goes, I understand that his tactics are considered harsh, contrarian, even abrasive, but in many cases you have no choice but to be that way to be heard at all. Someone has to speak out while it's still legal to speak out, because I guarantee you the right of free speech has never been in greater peril than it is right now - particularly under the "Environmentalism" agenda.

If we want to discuss this kind of stuff, let me respectfully suggest that we move it to a different board. Political discussions aren't relevant to a thread about a new cop TV drama...I've vented my spleen on the global warming idiocy in another thread, so don't know if there's really fresh ground to cultivate there.

-soonerdave
    Well put, Sooner. I do not make apologies for being republican either. Afterall, I am in good company. Plus, just like a lot of other people have disagreed with over the course of history, I take a lot of flack. I just hope I am among the ones who later people admit were correct. It has happened before with the ones who took the flack, and will many times more over the rest of time.

Personally, I would rather have an Inhofe than a washed up former Vice President with a smirk on his face.

Well put, Sooner. I do not make apologies for being republican either. Afterall, I am in good company. Plus, just like a lot of other people have disagreed with over the course of history, I take a lot of flack. I just hope I am among the ones who later people admit were correct. It has happened before with the ones who took the flack, and will many times more over the rest of time.

Personally, I would rather have an Inhofe than a washed up former Vice President with a smirk on his face.
    Obviously, you missed this part of soonerdave's comments...
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post

-soonerdave

Thread Information