Widgets Magazine
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Lisa here. Born and raised in west OKC, graduated from PC West in 1994, currently living in Bethany. I'm a teacher and Oklahoma history buff. And the little sister of member bluedogok.

Glad to see young people interested in the history of this great city!

Hello all. My name is Mel. Moved here from Millington, TN. after my dad retired USN. His second career was with the OCPD. Lived southside untill I went into the USAF. Moved back ss untill I moved to Mustang in 1980. Love this state. Gets hard to keep up with the changes as you grow older. This website helps.

Obligatory introductory essay: I'm Kristella, a violin-performance major at UCO, co-owner of Komarov Records, filmmaker, writer, and promoter. I'll be playing Paseo and Plaza art walk on the first and second fridays of the month (in good weather) and Komarov will be releasing three records on vinyl within the next few months. I've lived and participated in the city for only four years, but I'm finding myself around fairly well. Coming here to spy on urban development pictures and catch up on the Cheasapeake gossip.

Hey everyone, I am Logan and I am a high school student here in Oklahoma. I've lived here most of my life, we moved when I was one. I plan on going to OSU or UCO next year.

6. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hey to you, too, Logan! Welcome to the show!

Hey everyone, my name is Jake. I've lived just outside of NYC my entire life (just graduated from Rutgers University) but will be moving to Norman in early August to begin as a graduate student at OU's School of Meteorology. I'm cautiously excited to move to such a different place (I need to get used to not relying on public transportation!) than what I've always known, and it is great to see how much OKC is booming and on the up-and-up. I hope I can find myself at home in the Heartland.

(As a sidenote, I'm looking to PM somebody here but haven't been able to do so, perhaps because I accidentally deleted the confirmation email when I first registered. I've emailed the admin twice but have gotten no response. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about getting the PM system activated? Thanks!)

Hello. I moved to OKC about a year ago, and work downtown. I've loved reading this forum. I now know more about this city than a lot of people who have lived here their whole lives.

Welcome Mr. Cotter!

Check out my name and pic. That's all ya need to know.

The bars in bricktown need better selection like Coors, High Life, PBR etc. I'll be happy once they sell Coors in the Chesapeake Energy Arena.

Hello friends,

My name is Mark Walker. I am professionally a writer and loves to interact with different people of different culture. i am passionate about cars and adventures. I also like to watch movies and to play video games. I am glad to be a part of this community and hope will find many friends here.

Thanks
    Mark

Welcome Mark, Sonny and Mr. Cotter!
    Mr. Cotter - I'm also a downtown worker - for nearly 30 years now.

I have lived in Oklahoma City for 4 1/2 years and I work for a local architecture/engineering firm. I am married to my wonderful wife and have two kids (both boys) and another on the way. I have been following OKCTalk since the Devon Tower construction cam, but lately decided to become a member.

Welcome TechArch!

We have way more lurkers / non-registered viewers than those that register and post. That's completely fine but it's always nice to see a convert!

Hey all,

I'm David, and I've lived in Edmond since 1995. I'm a recent graduate of Herbert W. Armstrong College up in north Edmond, and I'm looking for jobs at the moment. In my spare time I run a blog called the Edmond Man About Town cataloging the people, places, and events of the greater OKC area.

Looking forward to finding out more about this great city on your forums!

Welcome David!

Have posted a few times but just now came across this thread! So briefly: I'm a native of MI but came to OU (one of those national merit scholars in the commercials). Stuck around for medical school and left for residency but now I'm back and couldn't be happier. People asked why I wanted to leave Milwaukee and come back to OKC - I told them 1) better NBA team and 2) better Indian restaurants. Pretty easy decision. I love this forum and everyone who has such a passion for OKC which is really turning into a gem of a city. Looking forward to participating more!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Have posted a few times but just now came across this thread! So briefly: I'm a native of MI but came to OU (one of those national merit scholars in the commercials). Stuck around for medical school and left for residency but now I'm back and couldn't be happier. People asked why I wanted to leave Milwaukee and come back to OKC - I told them 1) better NBA team and 2) better Indian restaurants. Pretty easy decision. I love this forum and everyone who has such a passion for OKC which is really turning into a gem of a city. Looking forward to participating more!
    Thanks for sharing your background and welcome to the forum.

Coincidentally, I was born in Milwaukee and go back every summer for a family reunion. I *love* that town and often say it's the most underrated city in the U.S. The weather stinks, but besides that it's a beautiful, historic and surprisingly urban town.

Always glad to see new people moving to OKC from elsewhere. With the booming economy, this is certainly happening more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks for sharing your background and welcome to the forum.

Coincidentally, I was born in Milwaukee and go back every summer for a family reunion. I *love* that town and often say it's the most underrated city in the U.S. The weather stinks, but besides that it's a beautiful, historic and surprisingly urban town.

Always glad to see new people moving to OKC from elsewhere. With the booming economy, this is certainly happening more and more.
    Small world! I really liked Milwaukee when I lived there. Unfortunately it was during residency so I didn't get to really experience the city quite as much, but it still definitely had its charms. I had several friends who lived near the lake and it was beautiful - if only summer there wasn't so short! I'm really happy you can get Lakefront beer here in OKC though - that kind of makes up for being away!

I'm going to a wedding of a cousin at Lakefront Brewery in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm going to a wedding of a cousin at Lakefront Brewery in the spring!
    Haha that's awesome - I didn't know they did weddings there but that makes perfect sense to do that. Have a wheat monkey for me!

Dale here. My first post. I already know some of the folks here who also post over on skyscrapercity.com

I'm a lifelong Floridian, currently living in Orlando, but intend to move to OKC, for a variety of reasons ranging from economy, to cost-of-living, to the sort of pride of place I pick up here (something I'd like to share in).

In any case, I'd like the move to materialize within the next very few months. I'm a fitness trainer, but anticipate that it would take awhile to build up a clientele in OKC. So, I'd be looking for a job of some sort to tide me over.

Is this the thread to talk about what I'd be looking for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Dale here. My first post. I already know some of the folks here who also post over on skyscrapercity.com

I'm a lifelong Floridian, currently living in Orlando, but intend to move to OKC, for a variety of reasons ranging from economy, to cost-of-living, to the sort of pride of place I pick up here (something I'd like to share in).

In any case, I'd like the move to materialize within the next very few months. I'm a fitness trainer, but anticipate that it would take awhile to build up a clientele in OKC. So, I'd be looking for a job of some sort to tide me over.

Is this the thread to talk about what I'd be looking for ?
    Hi Dale,

There is an 'Ask anything about OKC' thread. You might put your request there. And Welcome !

New here, found this looking up info. My wife might be transferring down to OKC. Just wanted to see what people thought. Been doing lots of lurking. So far so good.

Hi all! My name is Jared and I'm glad to finally introduce myself on here. I have been a long time reader, but short time contributor. I am from NW OKC originally, but have been out of the state for a number of years. While I was away, I used this site to plan my move into DD. It was a tremendous help and for that I would to thank everyone on here for their contributions. I recently sealed the deal by purchasing a unit at CAV and love it. I look forward to adding to the site and getting to know everyone online as well as offline.

Thread Information