Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 323 NW 23rd

1. Default Re: 323 NW 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Bad pizza does not exist. Only those with hate in their hearts can deny the inherent goodness of even the worst-constructed slices.
    I must be hate filled because what some of the chains do to pizza is atrocious.

Default Re: 323 NW 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I must be hate filled because what some of the chains do to pizza is atrocious.
    Yeah I mean the rest of us weren't going to say anything but clearly, yes. Brim full of hate.

Pizza23 definitely isn't the best pizza in the area, but for the type of pizza they make I think it's a very good mid-range quality pizza. Their crust reminds me of a quiche, which is a positive for me. Their biggest problem is that they're so close to Pizzeria Gusto, which is significantly better pizza no question, but it is a different type of pizza.

Signage plans show Baskin Robbins will be joining Dunkin Donuts in this development:

Blog Entries

Much conflict within....

Ain't got problem with this, except maybe weak DD breakfast sandwiches.

I don't know how I missed this thread. This is an excellent development. Successful urban districts typically have a nice mix of chains and locally owned businesses. It's in fact good and refreshing to see chains conform to and become part of an urban environment. There is so much potential for 23rd St as it continues to be revitalized.

Bad pizza does not exist. Only those with hate in their hearts can deny the inherent goodness of even the worst-constructed slices.
    Bad pizza does exist. It's called CiCis. A "hot circle of garbage" if there ever was one.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Signage plans show Baskin Robbins will be joining Dunkin Donuts in this development:

I wish there was a way to more tastefully blend this new building with the building already present there. But, I AM STOKED FOR BASKIN ROBBINS!

My other unpopular opinion is that I hope Queens Beauty Supply never relocates.
    I also share this somewhat unpopular opinion. I shop there often and the owner has recommended some of the best food in the city to me.

Quote Originally Posted by misskorilyn View Post
    I also share this somewhat unpopular opinion. I shop there often and the owner has recommended some of the best food in the city to me.
    I would be fine with that if they started taking care of their building. The outside of it has looked like complete trash for the 5 years I've lived down here. If they're going to continue neglecting its appearance I would much rather a bar/restaurant or other retail establishment take it over so that the blight is removed.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by misskorilyn View Post
    I wouldn't mind the shop staying if, like PhiAlpha said, the building could see some improvements. With a little TLC, that building could be gorgeous.

Work has already started on the parking lot to the north of the proposed building:

2Lanez Guest

What will Cheever's do about parking?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lanez View Post
    What will Cheever's do about parking?
    Have an email into Keith Paul to ask him if Cheever's patrons will still have access once this project is complete.

Last night, there were a lot of cars on the street.

There's also the huge parking lot across the street from the Tower Theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    There's also the huge parking lot across the street from the Tower Theatre.
    and massive amounts behind The Rise and plenty of on street parking in the neighborhoods to the north and south if you are ok with walking a bit.

2Lanez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    and massive amounts behind The Rise and plenty of on street parking in the neighborhoods to the north and south if you are ok with walking a bit.
    The operative phrase.

Neither of those tower or rise lots are privaledge to Cheevers customers. When the commercial district fills in I wouldn't be surprised to see parking attendants on busy nights.

They have demolished part of Queens Beauty Supply and removed that hideous green mansard to reveal the historic storefront.

Will they keep it like this???? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I believe so.

They would have to go through design review to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I second this. This has long been on my wishlist for 23rd; for that green awning to come down.

Hopefully they restore the transom window!

The scuttlebutt is that this deal is dead. Couldn't get past plan review on that ridiculous drive through and didn't bother asking for a variance. Probably no grounds to apply since the language for application is that the current code "causes harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    The scuttlebutt is that this deal is dead. Couldn't get past plan review on that ridiculous drive through and didn't bother asking for a variance. Probably no grounds to apply since the language for application is that the current code "causes harm."
    The building permit has been issued, the ground cleared and staked.

They applied for right of way clearance and that has been approved as well.

I can't see anything that was declined.

Thread Information