Widgets Magazine
Page 350 of 484 FirstFirst ... 250300345346347348349350351352353354355400450 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 12098

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Do we know what glass company they are using?

Blog Entries

From this morning (1/11):

Thanks shawn!

They seem to be kicking into high gear with the glass now.

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Do we know what glass company they are using?
    Permasteelisa out of Bristol, TN. I've provided tuxedos twice to the project manager who is overseeing the installation of the windows.

Something interesting on the triangle portion they're adding glass to now...

I noticed yesterday that this triangle area is actually recessed in a little. Knowing this, you can kind of see it from shawnw's picture a couple posts up. But most noticeable when viewed from an angle.

Now... I'm a civil engineer and I feel I normally have a clue about things I see but this one stumps me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulahey View Post
    Now... I'm a civil engineer and I feel I normally have a clue about things I see but this one stumps me.
    Any chance of it acting as a gutter lining? Small chance of a pipe that takes rainwater to the ground? I highly doubt it but that would be cool!

Someone posted this on CHK's facebook page. Looks amazing.

Hey hey hey check this out guys. I am a delivery driver for a linen company and just met a friend at one of my new stops that has been and is still currently been stationed here working on the Devon Tower in steel/window assembly. I asked him about this and that with Devon Tower, then i asked him about if he knew about any new skyscrapers in the plans here in OKC. He then said he did know about a new one and its chesapeake thats building it, and its going to be 74 or 75 stories and about 1400 feet tall!!! and i'm like YESSIRRRRR! thats what were talking about here! I don't know this guy very long, but i can tell you that he knows his stuff, and isnt embellishing on this at all. I then asked him when this would be happening, and he said in 7-8 months. The blueprints have already been made up and the planning is in pending as we speak(or type). he he he so what do you guys think about that? Thats even taller than the north tower of the world trade center at 1,368 feet before the antenna! So i'm very excited about this, and i know all you guys/gals out there will be too. We're going up! get ready

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Any chance of it acting as a gutter lining? Small chance of a pipe that takes rainwater to the ground? I highly doubt it but that would be cool!
    I'm not an engineer, but that makes sense to me. Otherwise, it seems like rain water would pour off the three triangles like a waterfall.

Why would Chesapeake build a skyscraper when they've already invested almost a billion dollars in their 63rd & Western campus?

Could be a speculative building that they would lease out, but even that doesn't make much sense.

Would love it to be true but I think it's highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerAce311 View Post
    Hey hey hey check this out guys. I am a delivery driver for a linen company and just met a friend at one of my new stops that has been and is still currently been stationed here working on the Devon Tower in steel/window assembly. I asked him about this and that with Devon Tower, then i asked him about if he knew about any new skyscrapers in the plans here in OKC. He then said he did know about a new one and its chesapeake thats building it, and its going to be 74 or 75 stories and about 1400 feet tall!!! and i'm like YESSIRRRRR! thats what were talking about here! I don't know this guy very long, but i can tell you that he knows his stuff, and isnt embellishing on this at all. I then asked him when this would be happening, and he said in 7-8 months. The blueprints have already been made up and the planning is in pending as we speak(or type). he he he so what do you guys think about that? Thats even taller than the north tower of the world trade center at 1,368 feet before the antenna! So i'm very excited about this, and i know all you guys/gals out there will be too. We're going up! get ready
    I extremely doubt that. He may know his cladding, but I doubt he knows that much about the business and construction climate in OKC. Just doesn't go with their current development plan. Also, a 1400 ft taller would have a lot more than 74-75 stories.

I eventually see a mid-rise tower going up for Midfirst bank though.

lol, no.

I love the writing style. I read it with a Brooklyn accent.

Given that Chesapeake is still in the process of building the campus they are at, that seems unlikely, I believe the current plans they have submitted to the city have their employee numbers about where they plan to be for a while with a little for growth. With how much fire they have been with shareholders I doubt they will be doing a major speculative non core business in the the next 7-8 months. The only way I could see this as even a longshot is if Aubrey McClendon could be doing something on his own or leading a group of investors and using enough of the people he normally does so they just thought it was Chesapeake.

A couple months ago there was a 105 story tower proposed for Tulsa. I see this "Chesapeake Tower"having about as much chance at happening.

Anyways, the tower is looking great, I can't wait to see all the glass completed!

Somebody is about to pull someones leg off.

I'm not calling you a liar SoonerAce but I'm not going to believe that. I hope it's true but I most certainly am not going to hold my breath.

^^The guy who has constantly given Me great info on Devon said a while back that a monster tower would be announced after the Devon tower was finished,but He also said it would be shorter than Devon.I'm not buying 1,400 ft,but maybe half that!

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX2 View Post
    A couple months ago there was a 105 story tower proposed for Tulsa. I see this "Chesapeake Tower"having about as much chance at happening.

Anyways, the tower is looking great, I can't wait to see all the glass completed!
    Any links or renderings?Just imagine Tulsa with a Supertall,that would be some eyecandy!

20. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

OKC having a tower taller than the WTC will not happen for another century. Now, if OKC somehow do get one within this century, as Shania Twain would say it, its a crime of the century. :-O

^^What?

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I love the writing style. I read it with a Brooklyn accent.
    Hahahaha... that about sums it up for me too! Too funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Somebody is about to pull someones leg off.
    If you find out who it is, let me know so I can beat SoonerAce with them!

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post

I would have to agree with that statement...possibly one of the best photos that captures the dynamic nature of Oklahoma City, and it doesn't even capture two of our taller skyscrapers!

25. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post

I just keep looking at this shot and love it! Lots of Thunder blue!! (The Devon tower construction lights give off a blue tone in this shot, hopefully the LEDs will compensate once complete.)

Great view of the Skyline without Chase and SandRidge towers. (OKC@Heart we're on the same frequency tonight)
    Last edited by mrktguy29; 01-11-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Additional Comments

Thread Information