Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Del Taco

Default Del Taco

I noticed that there is a bid posted for construction of a Del Taco in Moore.

Default Re: Del Taco

wow, let me guess, 19th street?

I believe this would be the first in Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I believe this would be the first in Oklahoma?
    I believe so. Haven't seen one anywhere else in Oklahoma & no Oklahoma locations come up on their store locator. Heck, I've never even heard of them till now. Haha

Another fast food first for Moore lol

Is it any good?

Yes, I love Del Taco. Can't remember the last time I've eaten there, maybe last year when I was in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Yes, I love Del Taco. Can't remember the last time I've eaten there, maybe last year when I was in LA.
    I'll stop by & get a sneak peak when I go to LA next month, see if they're any good.

Meh.

DT is okay but nothing to get excited about, unless you want to get burritos and hamburgers in the same place.

They are all over California yet I've only eaten there once or twice and don't ever hear anyone talk about them.

This is kind of cool. Like Pete said they are everywhere in Cali. I was too busy eating at In-N-Out to try one, but have heard they are comparable to Taco Bell.

My wife tried one here in Denver, said it was better than Taco Bell but not as good as Taco Bueno (which we don't have here).

Geez, hope it's better than Taco Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Geez, hope it's better than Taco Hell.
    I've had worse before, Taco Mayo circa 1982. Went once when I moved into the dorms at OU, could never go back. Of course Taco Bell was a whole lot better back then instead of the heat-n-eat place that it is now.

I think Taco Bell is alright. Not anything amazing and they could give you a little more meat, but yeah, they're not horrible.

I literally cannot stomach the meat at Taco Bell. I've had it exactly three times in the last 20 years and I have gotten physically ill from eating there each time. I have no idea what is in their meat but it's sub-Burger King bad. Scary stuff.

If I want a fast food taco, I'll hit up Bueno, although their tacos aren't very good either.

I do remember when Taco Bell was very good -- that was before PepsiCo bought it and it turned into a three-layer-burrito nightmare. YUCK Brands has not improved matters. Think of the other YUCK Brands concepts, like KFC. Remember when KFC actually used to serve decent fried chicken? Yeah, I know it's been a while.

But Taco Bell used to be genuinely good at one time.

My grandmother is the same way. She can't eat there at all or she gets sick. My fav tacos are at Teds lol.

So I visited Del Taco's website. After clicking around for a few minutes I noticed there's no discussion of the food. They have pictures and nutritional info, but their own CEO refers to their food items as "products."

Also, they credit their new "branding campaign" with improving their restaurant; again, with no discussion of the food.

I don't hold out high hope for Del Taco.

I literally cannot stomach the meat at Taco Bell. I've had it exactly three times in the last 20 years and I have gotten physically ill from eating there each time. I have no idea what is in their meat but it's sub-Burger King bad. Scary stuff.

If I want a fast food taco, I'll hit up Bueno, although their tacos aren't very good either.

I do remember when Taco Bell was very good -- that was before PepsiCo bought it and it turned into a three-layer-burrito nightmare. YUCK Brands has not improved matters. Think of the other YUCK Brands concepts, like KFC. Remember when KFC actually used to serve decent fried chicken? Yeah, I know it's been a while.

Back when I was in high school I preferred Taco Bell over Bueno, the PepsiCo takeover changed that. Yum was spun off from PepsiCo but I think PepsiCo is still the majority shareholder.

I stop there about twice a year, we ate at Bueno in Austin much more often. For tacos we would go to Torchy's Tacos which has been expanding in Texas after starting out as a food trailer in Austin. We haven't quite found the same type of place up here. My wife hasn't been back to Del Taco since that initial try.

I've eaten there twice in numerous Cali business trips, let's just say it suffices when you are famished it happens to be in the same location where you are working. I wish OKC could get a Rubios or Baja Fresh here. If I am eating fast out there, I try to find one of these... Or an In-N-Out of course....

Baja Fresh lasted about a year in Austin, we had one pretty close to my first office. I ate there a few times, the girls in the office liked it quite a bit. There are a few here in Denver along with Rubio's but I haven't been to either one up here.

You are correct sir...
    Yum foods have ruined everything they have came in contact with....Taco Bell,KFC Long John Silvers,Pizza Hut and AW Root Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    You are correct sir...
    Yum foods have ruined everything they have came in contact with....Taco Bell,KFC Long John Silvers,Pizza Hut and AW Root Beer.
    Long John Silvers used to be the sh*t and now it has gone down hill considerably. Pizza Hut, aaaahhhhhhh that's debatable. I'm a somewhat picky eater and Pizza Hut is the only take out pizza a like.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Long John Silvers used to be the sh*t and now it has gone down hill considerably. Pizza Hut, aaaahhhhhhh that's debatable. I'm a somewhat picky eater and Pizza Hut is the only take out pizza a like.
    So i take it youve never had pizza hut pre1985? They used to be actually pretty good and offered sit down dining with candles on tables as well as a fireplace. I prefered shotgun sams back in the day but PH was actually much much better then they are today.

So i take it youve never had pizza hut pre1985? They used to be actually pretty good and offered sit down dining with candles on tables as well as a fireplace. I prefered shotgun sams back in the day but PH was actually much much better then they are today.
    Agree. Also, the post above about Long John Silver's is correct. It actually was quite good at one time. YUCK Brands has laid waste to these concepts.

Naah haha I was born in 93 lol. . .

One other very telling thing about Del Taco... I've never seen a location that was busy.

It's not horrible, I just can't imagine why someone would choose it over the zillions of other places to eat.

Thread Information