Widgets Magazine

Thread: 2013 USDOT Tiger Grant Projects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 2013 USDOT Tiger Grant Projects

The plan - as of now - calls for using the BNSF right of way between Edmond and Norman, and the Tinker line that runs through Bricktown and the UP facility east of I235. The Adventure Line would probably be part of this system. There is also a possibility of getting to the airport but unfortunately the best route for that was destroyed by the I40 Crosstown relocation (it would not have been terribly difficult to plan ahead and make it easier to get across the new highway, but with ODOT involved....). These are the obvious, relatively "easy" routes but I suppose there are other possibilities.

Light rail is farther out I think and I am not 100% sure where it would work best for a reasonable cost. Maybe along NW Expressway? Maybe light rail instead of commuter rail on the Adventure Line? Maybe LRT to the airport instead of conventional (I actually like this better than conventional).

Default Re: 2013 USDOT Tiger Grant Projects

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    There is also a possibility of getting to the airport but unfortunately the best route for that was destroyed by the I40 Crosstown relocation (it would not have been terribly difficult to plan ahead and make it easier to get across the new highway, but with ODOT involved....). These are the obvious, relatively "easy" routes but I suppose there are other possibilities.
    That was 'a' route, but I'm not sure it was the best route. The rail just south of Wiley Post Park has direct access to the Airpark site which allows us to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I doubt we will ever see light-rail in OKC. There isn't any place dense enough for it that can't be better served by streetcars.

Thread Information