Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Outlets

Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So I heard from an employee Saks is closing due to under performance. I sure hope that isn't true. If it is, that is bad news for future high end retail.
    1. From what I've read, Saks is closing several Off 5th locations, so it's not isolated to OKC. 2. Off 5th isn't "high end". Ever been to Mr Ooleys or Steven Giles? They're doing fine as far as I can tell.

I will miss Off 5th for bargain suits, but outside that, most of their selection frankly sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    1. From what I've read, Saks is closing several Off 5th locations, so it's not isolated to OKC. 2. Off 5th isn't "high end". Ever been to Mr Ooleys or Steven Giles? They're doing fine as far as I can tell.

I will miss Off 5th for bargain suits, but outside that, most of their selection frankly sucked.
    Their service sucked as well.

PS, they are going to have a major sale a couple weeks before Jan. 17th(closing date).

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Their service sucked as well.

PS, they are going to have a major sale a couple weeks before Jan. 17th(closing date).
    I was there last week,they only had crap left and it was a mess. I wouldn't bother.

I wish we could get an LL Bean outlet or a Lands end. A Pendleton Outlet would be nice. There is one in an almost dead small outlet mall in Minn. I'd do back flips if they opened up here.

I thought we had an LL Bean store.

Nope. The stores are in the northeast. The rest of us have to order through their website or cataloge. I know a lady who travels up to their main store and shops there when visiting family. I love their basic essential clothing styles. Something we need here. The quality is generally good. My problem with ordering over the internet is that I'm always sending stuff back for a different size. The return postage is well ouch.

I received word today that the following is about to happen at the Outlet Shoppes...

OnCue is close to beginning the construction of a store just north of BJ's. On the west side of the loop around the southwest part of the mall.
    Just east of the OnCue across the road will be a Ted's Café Escondido. Ted's will be just south of the Mathis Brothers sleep store.
    Behind the Whataburger will be a Garage burger place.
    North of the Garage, facing Reno will be a Taco Mayo and a Jimmy's Egg.

The Oncue and Teds are planning on being open by Tax Free Weekend in August. The others sometime after that.

Also hearing word that 10 new stores will be opening in the mall over the next year. Not sure of what stores though.

^^^ nice ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    I received word today that the following is about to happen at the Outlet Shoppes...

OnCue is close to beginning the construction of a store just north of BJ's. On the west side of the loop around the southwest part of the mall.
    Just east of the OnCue across the road will be a Ted's Café Escondido. Ted's will be just south of the Mathis Brothers sleep store.
    Behind the Whataburger will be a Garage burger place.
    North of the Garage, facing Reno will be a Taco Mayo and a Jimmy's Egg.

The Oncue and Teds are planning on being open by Tax Free Weekend in August. The others sometime after that.

Also hearing word that 10 new stores will be opening in the mall over the next year. Not sure of what stores though.
    This all sounds amazing.

One gripe would be that they fix Council road at the very minimum between Reno south towards 15th. This stretch of road is terrible from truck traffic and the intersections are like washboard gravel roads.

is it weird that I'm most excited about the Taco Mayo

Quote Originally Posted by gurantula35 View Post
    is it weird that I'm most excited about the Taco Mayo
    Yes. Yes it is.

I'm most excited about Ted's. I like me some Ted's. The Garage is also a welcome addition.

That's really impressive, and 10 stores in a year seems VERY ambitious. I wonder how this will affect the efforts at Quail and Penn to attract new tenants.

I'm excited about the new stores. I'm hoping for an Eddie Bauer, a Pendleton and a Lands End outlet stores. I shop these when I'm going up to the twin cities. Love the outlets of these stores. And yes they do have men's wear for you guys on this chat. As far as us ladies, nice, nice nice.

An Eddie Bauer Outlet, Last call Neiman Marcus or Nautica outlet would be nice.

And Pendleton is more then just wool. They have some nice cotton and linen fabrics.

An Eddie Bauer outlet would be nice. I used to shop there all the time.

Ok what about the Shell station? is that staying in front of the On Cue. On Cue will put them out of business I never stop there. Dumpy and prices too high. Also where are they possibly be putting 10 new stores?

I like maps and pictures. Now I'm even more pumped.

I guess Ted's is no longer Escondido. These are great additions, and they are almost all Oklahoma brands.

Where will the expansion of the 10 stores go to the south? In the parking lot or the area south of there?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Where will the expansion of the 10 stores go to the south? In the parking lot or the area south of there?
    What 10 new stores?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    What 10 new stores?
    The article referenced an expansion for 10 new stores.

Thread Information