Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep Deuce District

Default Re: Deep Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Does anybody know why the north side of the Block 42 development looks so bad and if there is any plans to fix it? Siding has been falling off of it for quite some time now. I really think its one of the more visually appealing housing developments in OKC at the moment.
    The siding isn't falling off, it's been removed. The guy who bought the top floor penthouse is paying to redo the siding. But it's happening slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    The siding isn't falling off, it's been removed. The guy who bought the top floor penthouse is paying to redo the siding. But it's happening slowly.
    He isn't dismantling it and moving it to Tulsa???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Default Re: Deep Deuce

Deep Deuce was in fine form last night. We ventured into Deep Deuce Grill around 530pm for a bit of pre-game food and beverage before taking their shuttle to the arena. Following an awesome game my wife and I decided it was such a nice night we should walk back to Deep Deuce from the arena. We ended up meeting up with some friends who live at Level at Urban Johnnie's patio and enjoyed a few more beverages and the delicious Steve McQueen burger. All the while there were many groups of people walking the streets and patronizing the steetside establishments. It was a great night and had a bit of DC feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Deep Deuce was in fine form last night. We ventured into Deep Deuce Grill around 530pm for a bit of pre-game food and beverage before taking their shuttle to the arena. Following an awesome game my wife and I decided it was such a nice night we should walk back to Deep Deuce from the arena. We ended up meeting up with some friends who live at Level at Urban Johnnie's patio and enjoyed a few more beverages and the delicious Steve McQueen burger. All the while there were many groups of people walking the streets and patronizing the steetside establishments. It was a great night and had a bit of DC feel to it.
    I agree, Saturday night in DD was amazing. Aloft had their terrace setup with a stage and live band that was actually good. And they were basically rocking DD until 1am. Very good vibe!

5. Default Re: Deep Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I agree, Saturday night in DD was amazing. Aloft had their terrace setup with a stage and live band that was actually good. And they were basically rocking DD until 1am. Very good vibe!
    Yeah I forgot to mention that in my earlier post. We could hear the band at the top of Aloft down at the patio of Urban Johnnie's -- tons of energy.

Giant slip-and-slide and a beer garden! Sounds like my idea of a good time:

Enjoy a super summer splash party at the first-ever Deep Deuce Dive block party, Saturday, July 26 from 4pm to midnight at NW 2nd and Central Ave. in downtown Oklahoma City.

Attendees can dive down a giant slip ‘n’ slide and enjoy water games, volleyball, plus food & drink from Deep Deuce restaurants and local food trucks. There will also be live music on the Chevy Stage from 6pm to 10pm.

And just in case that wasn't enough to whet your appetite, we will have an outdoor beer garden!

Deep Deuce Dive is FREE to attend, but all guests must be 21 and older.

This event is sponsored and produced by Downtown OKC, Inc. Thank you to the participating Deep Deuce businesses, residents, and our sponsors: Ozarka Water, Oklahoma Chevy Team Dealers, and Yelp.

That's awesome! Kind of sucks about the 21 and older though. I'm guessing it's mainly a drink deal..... That will be cool though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That's awesome! Kind of sucks about the 21 and older though. I'm guessing it's mainly a drink deal..... That will be cool though!!!
    As has been stated many times, there are plenty of family friendly events. I'm glad this is 21+. The whole vibe will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    As has been stated many times, there are plenty of family friendly events. I'm glad this is 21+. The whole vibe will be different.
    Never said there wasn't man.

I won't be there :/

This is awesome. I will take a lot of photos!

EDIT: Just realized it says NW 2nd? Surely they are at least having this in DD? lol

Will the slide go down 2nd street? That could be scary.

This is awesome. I will take a lot of photos!

EDIT: Just realized it says NW 2nd? Surely they are at least having this in DD? lol
    did you get any photos? Any reviews on it? Seemed like it was cool...

It hasn't happened yet. A week from this coming Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    It hasn't happened yet. A week from this coming Saturday...
    you know what, I just assumed it was on July 4th and was too lazy to scroll up a few posts

The block party was great. Minus the fact they didn't even close the street.

Slip and slide was on a built platform, it was pretty fun - the kids loved it. I went down several times, only got one elbow bruise from all my passes - success!

Beer garden was sort of weak, but provided good overflow for all the people trying to sit and dine in DDG.

Live music across the street at the stage was great, the last 'closing' band was probably the worst of them all - needed to reverse the order.

Only two food trucks that I could see, made it. The chicken and waffles people and a Taco truck.

I ended up not bringing my camera due to the logistics of carrying it around and wanting to go down the slides. However, there are a lot of photos on downtownokcinc and deep deuce on twitter.

The block party was great. Minus the fact they didn't even close the street.

Slip and slide was on a built platform, it was pretty fun - the kids loved it. I went down several times, only got one elbow bruise from all my passes - success!

Beer garden was sort of weak, but provided good overflow for all the people trying to sit and dine in DDG.

Live music across the street at the stage was great, the last 'closing' band was probably the worst of them all - needed to reverse the order.

Only two food trucks that I could see, made it. The chicken and waffles people and a Taco truck.

I ended up not bringing my camera due to the logistics of carrying it around and wanting to go down the slides. However, there are a lot of photos on downtownokcinc and deep deuce on twitter.
    Thought it was a 21+ event?

Yea I am not sure what happened with that, it was advertised as 21+, but a slip and slide is basically a magnet for kids.

They eventually tweeted out that kids can go down the slip and slide if their guardian signs off on the waiver for them.

So it turned out the only area that was 21+ was the actual beer garden (deep deuce grill's parking lot). I was pretty surprised at the amount of kids that were present.

Default Re: Deep Deuce District

What I'd really like to see happen is the block between 4th, 5th, Oklahoma & Walnut be sold off and developed. It's a pot of gold.

Yea I am not sure what happened with that, it was advertised as 21+, but a slip and slide is basically a magnet for kids.

They eventually tweeted out that kids can go down the slip and slide if their guardian signs off on the waiver for them.

So it turned out the only area that was 21+ was the actual beer garden (deep deuce grill's parking lot). I was pretty surprised at the amount of kids that were present.
    boo hoo, there's those of us that live downtown with kids too. why can't we cater to both?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    What I'd really like to see happen is the block between 4th, 5th, Oklahoma & Walnut be sold off and developed. It's a pot of gold.
    I can't imagine that it will stay in its current use for too much longer. The property is too valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    I can't imagine that it will stay in its current use for too much longer. The property is too valuable.
    Based on the needs of the different companies within that building they'd be hard pressed to find another suitable location already constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by seaofchange View Post
    Based on the needs of the different companies within that building they'd be hard pressed to find another suitable location already constructed.
    What do they do, and why is that particular location so important to their work?

This is a pretty cool idea, eh

Terry 11:19 a.m. Have you heard of any plans to add more parks in Deep Deuce? That area probably has the highest density of any area of OKC, yet has little usable park space. However, there is one fairly large area nearby with potential to be converted to park space. That is the triangular space between NE 2nd, 4th, Russell Perry Ave. and I-235. By reconfiguring and relocating the on and off ramps to I- 235 the majority of that area could be turned into a nice park for Deep Deuce. Do you think this idea would ever be considered?

- OKC Central Chat transcript, Sept. 19, 2014 | News OK

I really do like the idea, but I'm not sure they would move the on ramp for any reason.

Thread Information