Widgets Magazine
Page 397 of 455 FirstFirst ... 297347392393394395396397398399400401402447 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I posted the math. By the numbers cases are not rising in Oklahoma. At least not now and hopefully not again. Maybe they will. In the US yes they are. Mainly driven by a few states that are having exponential growth like everyone had last year.
    You have to compare the same days this week to the same last week.

And it's ridiculous to think that Oklahoma would not be following the same trends in the U.S., especially given the fact we have fared much worse than national averages to date.

2. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

And it's ridiculous to think that Oklahoma would not be following the same trends in the U.S., especially given the fact we have fared much worse to date.
    I have to disagree. Day by day reports have been flakey in Oklahoma since day one. Average trends are the only worthy thing to try and track. I'm pretty sure that's why every single tracking source as a 3, 7 and or 14 day average.
    And yes, Oklahoma could follow with the states that are rising. It could also follow with the states that aren't. I' going to give us the benefit of the doubt until bad happens.

^

You are arguing the math to prove your point now you want to say the numbers aren't reliable when it works against your assumption.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

No. I'm not comparing daily numbers. I'm comparing averages of a week or more. Except for throwing in last Wed, Thur and Fri which I shouldn't have.

The past seven days have seen an increase in cases in Oklahoma by 13% over the previous seven days even when you exclude the 1,300 cases from backlog.

Pete, I think we are just lagging behind the other states. I'm thinking the states around those with high numbers will go up soon and then followed by states like Oklahoma. I think its premature to end mask mandates and social distancing. Yah we might have 25% of people vaccinated but what about the other 75% what about kids too young to be vaccinated, they get it and do get sick too. We dont know yet what the double mutations do, and what about others happening and possiblely breaking through? I just think we need to be on the side of caution. I'll just stay home as much as possible, shop when there are fewer to no people in stores and just stay away from other people esp those not wearing masks. I'm older over 60 and most likely not a good canidate for the vaccine due to a few medical reasons. I am not anitvac any more then someone with a nut allergy is not against other people eating nuts or peanuts.

Blog Entries

I posted the math. By the numbers cases are not rising in Oklahoma. At least not now and hopefully not again. Maybe they will. In the US yes they are. Mainly driven by a few states that are having exponential growth like everyone had last year.
    I will agree that what this Governor and admin has done with the numbers in the state makes it hard to know what is going on based on their releases.... and that's the way they wanted it.

8. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

"The past seven days has seen an increase in cases in Oklahoma by 13% over the previous seven days even when you exclude the 1,300 cases from backlog."

That's true. And not good. But we've had high weeks followed by low weeks and so on and so on.......
    Don't I remember you saying often that trends are what matter? If not sorry and ignore the question.
    I'll worry if it continues to climb but I'm going to remain positive until if and when it does. I'm sick of worrying about bad coming before it does. Nothing I can do about it that I'm not already doing anyway. I'm going to wait to worry until it does.

Ah Monday. So much to keep on in this tread. So nice when we don't have Covid on the weekend. Seriously how stupid is it not to be doing daily cases. Do we know out of how many test or did Oklahoma stop reporting that number also'

10. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Ah Monday. So much to keep on in this tread. So nice when we don't have Covid on the weekend. Seriously how stupid is it not to be doing daily cases. Do we know out of how many test or did Oklahoma stop reporting that number also'
    That will be in tonights EOR. But I've also stopped looking at them much and just look at the weekly report. I've spent too much time literally going crazy worrying about this thing.

That will be in tonights EOR. But I've also stopped looking at them much and just look at the weekly report. I've spent too much time literally going crazy worrying about this thing.
    Family in town this past week and I went everywhere. I mean everywhere. Was I worried about it yes but it depends on when you go. Went to the zoo on Monday, Goro for lunch Fassler hall for dinner. Felt safe the whole time no one really around. Tuesday was Scissortail Park, Mariad Gardens, Fuzzy Tacos than Mary Eddys and then Retro Pub. Wednesday was Del Rancho, escape room then Eischen's. Thursday was rest day they went to the Mountains to hike. Friday was Plaza district at bit of furniture shopping and Ichiban which they loved and actually I did too. I don't do sushi but the Hibachi Chicken was great.

Only time I started to fell a little unsafe was Fuzzy Taco's on Tuesday. We got there a bit after 11 and only ones there but we left as soon as done eating as it was getting packed and line started to become out the door. All the other places we were never seated next to a table that had other people. Retro pub on Tuesday was just the 4 of us and one other couple. Del Rancho in Moore for Lunch was a little busy but not too bad.

12. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Family in town this past week and I went everywhere. I mean everywhere. Was I worried about it yes but it depends on when you go. Went to the zoo on Monday, Goro for lunch Fassler hall for dinner. Felt safe the whole time no one really around. Tuesday was Scissortail Park, Mariad Gardens, Fuzzy Tacos than Mary Eddys and then Retro Pub. Wednesday was Del Rancho, escape room then Eischen's. Thursday was rest day they went to the Mountains to hike. Friday was Plaza district at bit of furniture shopping and Ichiban which they loved and actually I did too. I don't do sushi but the Hibachi Chicken was great.

Only time I started to fell a little unsafe was Fuzzy Taco's on Tuesday. We got there a bit after 11 and only ones there but we left as soon as done eating as it was getting packed and line started to become out the door. All the other places we were never seated next to a table that had other people. Retro pub on Tuesday was just the 4 of us and one other couple. Del Rancho in Moore for Lunch was a little busy but not too bad.
    I also realized this afternoon that the constant doom and gloom predictions on here and the general complaining on most threads isn't helping my mental state in the least.

The somewhat saving grace has been our pace of vaccinations. But the slow growth in cases despite a shrinking population that is unprotected is something that is concerning.

I also realized this afternoon that the constant doom and gloom predictions on here and the general complaining on most threads isn't helping my mental state in the least.
    I don't think it's ever truly going to go away. Will we be having over 300 or 400 cases a day maybe not but will we still be having cases weekly Probably. I have had both my shots so it's time to start living again. It's going to be like the flu it's never going to go away.

This is a very, very serious situation where well over half a million Americans have died and more are dying every day.

You might want to stay off the internet altogether and stop listening to the real authorities on this, the CDC, whose responsibility is to educate the public, not make everyone feel better.

Yeah the CDC has been beating the drumbeat about an imminent fourth wave for a few weeks now, but outside of a few locales we're just not seeing that at a broader, national level. The vaccines have been shown to be super effective at preventing the worst outcomes and even against symptomatic spread of the most virulent variants. There's a lot of reason to be hopeful and the official messaging is kinda missing that.

I hope this nasal spray against the virus is for real and will be the solution for vaccines ineffective against mutant strains.
    https://www.the-sun.com/news/2689351...lls-off-covid/

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I hope this nasal spray against the virus is for real and will be the solution for vaccines ineffective against mutant strains.
    https://www.the-sun.com/news/2689351...lls-off-covid/
    Why would you post about health item that people put into their bodies from a tabloid? C'mon. Media Literacy 101.

Also, all evidence suggests that the vaccines protect against the variants. 2/2 of misinformation in one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

And it's ridiculous to think that Oklahoma would not be following the same trends in the U.S., especially given the fact we have fared much worse than national averages to date.
    Ok. Going by this logic.
    Monday last week 226
    Tuesday last week 120

Monday this week 206
    Tuesday this week 109

Not rising based on that logic. Wouldn’t say dropping but just hovering but definitely not a spike but will see how rest of week plays out as Wednesday to Friday were in 400s last week

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Why would you post about health item that people put into their bodies from a tabloid? C'mon. Media Literacy 101.

Also, all evidence suggests that the vaccines protect against the variants. 2/2 of misinformation in one sentence.
    That's why I hope it's for real. Notice you use the word suggests. A study suggests that the Pfizer vaccine provides less protection against the South African variant than the original coronavirus. I'd be more concerned about the crazy misinfo still going out about the vaccines and possibly causing some people to change their minds getting them.

The issue with many (or even most) of the “less protection” headlines is actually figuring out what they mean by that.

The focus has always been to really prevent severe illness, hospitalizations, and deaths. We didn’t expect the early results showing the 95% effectiveness in preventing symptomatic disease of any kind, that was a shocking bonus really and we were ready to approve anything that at least hit 50%.

So even the vaccines that are “less effective” seem to be mostly based on “someone got a vaccine, then they tested positive afterwards” at higher rates than people with the original strain. But they still didn’t have severe illness, got hospitalized at lower rates, and still had much lower death rates than unvaccinated people. So they are still effective in meeting the original goal. And they are also still effective at more than 50% when it comes to preventing any illness at all.

I don't think it's ever truly going to go away. Will we be having over 300 or 400 cases a day maybe not but will we still be having cases weekly Probably. I have had both my shots so it's time to start living again. It's going to be like the flu it's never going to go away.
    I agree and so do many public health experts. This is a virus here to stay.

The good news is that with time, we should know enough scientifically to make it almost a nonissue like other deadly disease in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    I agree and so do many public health experts. This is a virus here to stay.

The good news is that with time, we should know enough scientifically to make it almost a nonissue like other deadly disease in the past.
    If we could achieve a high rate of vaccination all over the world, like with smallpox, it could be eradicated. This is why we don't get upset when we hear our federal dollars are being spent on vaccinations in developing countries.

Only 109 new cases today; 7-day rolling average 534.

4 additional reported deaths; 7-day rolling average 14.6.

Hospitalizations are 212 (+20).

ICU is 47 (-1).

"The past seven days has seen an increase in cases in Oklahoma by 13% over the previous seven days even when you exclude the 1,300 cases from backlog."

That's true. And not good. But we've had high weeks followed by low weeks and so on and so on.......
    Don't I remember you saying often that trends are what matter? If not sorry and ignore the question.
    I'll worry if it continues to climb but I'm going to remain positive until if and when it does. I'm sick of worrying about bad coming before it does. Nothing I can do about it that I'm not already doing anyway. I'm going to wait to worry until it does.
    You should know where you statistically stand at this point. If you someone is old and overweight and are a good candidate for a vaccine, then I'm not sure why they haven't scheduled a vaccine. But this pandemic has shown that most people don't know how to do basic statistics.

Anyway, these surging NE states are showing signs of peaking out finally as they get deeper into spring. Looking back, the peeks that occurred probably had something to do with extreme cold and other unfavorable climate conditions. Hopefully, there isn't a secondary warm season peak that affects southern states around May/June like last year.

Thread Information