Widgets Magazine

View Poll Results: How many games will the Pokes win in 2015?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 11.11%

1 5.56%

5 27.78%

1 5.56%

7 38.89%

1 5.56%

1 5.56%
  • We're going undefeated, baby!

0 0%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OSU Football 2015

Default Re: OSU Football 2015

I'm here to eat my words...we covered the spread. Still surprised at that... Defense...no, special teams has a lot to work on before big game on FOX next Saturday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I'm here to eat my words...we covered the spread. Still surprised at that... Defense...no, special teams has a lot to work on before big game on FOX next Saturday.
    Covered but it was all pokes wanted down 17 on different occasions. Big plays were huge in 4th. Now up the first of the big 3 in Stillwater w TCU next sat.

Watched ND Temple game and Herbie was pretty much bashing lack of defense in OSU tech game. As he put it "not a fan".

Committee rankings come out this week. That will be interesting!

Well I was sorta right, the was an impressive win just not the way I implied it would be lol

I just think offense honestly trumps defense. You gotta score to win. I'd rather win 70-50 than 30-10. Luckily there isn't really a way that OSU has NOT won this year, which I've never seen before. This is by far Gundy's most well-rounded squad ever and even the local media still don't believe in it. I think Tramel is actually holding the Tech game against OSU somehow, maybe he only saw the first 20 min??

I'm a pokes fan and an OSU alum. That said, between his previous incident, and now this, in light of the homecoming tragedy. He should be out. Gone. Booted. Made an example of. I'm sick.

Blog Entries

TCU is a 4.5 point fav with an O/U listed at 79.5. This is going to be a really interesting game I think. November in the Big 12!!

I just don't see OSU ending up better than 9-3. We are not a good team no matter how many stats people try to mangle to make us look that way. We can't compete with TCU, Baylor, or OU.

We will shellack Baylor and should do the same to OU, but who knows with Bedlam. Probably going to take some lumps this week. I'm expecting 10-2 and could get kind of messy if TCU chokes at all down the stretch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    We will shellack Baylor and should do the same to OU, but who knows with Bedlam. Probably going to take some lumps this week. I'm expecting 10-2 and could get kind of messy if TCU chokes at all down the stretch.
    So if you shellack Baylor and OU and lost to TCU who is the other loss to get to 10-2? I guess you are saying might lose to OU or is it another shocker in Ames? And if there is a "shellacking" in the Baylor game I think it will be the other way around. But then that's why we play the games!

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I just don't see OSU ending up better than 9-3. We are not a good team no matter how many stats people try to mangle to make us look that way. We can't compete with TCU, Baylor, or OU.
    Yes and no. OSU seems to rise to the level of their opponents. I see us beating at least 1 if not 2 of those three.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    So if you shellack Baylor and OU and lost to TCU who is the other loss to get to 10-2? I guess you are saying might lose to OU or is it another shocker in Ames? And if there is a "shellacking" in the Baylor game I think it will be the other way around. But then that's why we play the games!
    Have you ever seen a Baylor play an OSU? :P

Baylor already doesn't do well in Stillwater. They also have no quarterback and no defense and have played no body. I'm not sure exactly what they do have (some WRs? we've got that too!) or have done, actually. I don't understand anything about them or why they are ranked ahead of OSU, let alone Memphis or Iowa. As for 10-2, yeah those are all great guesses - we could lose to ANYONE.

Did I misspell shellack? lol

Blog Entries

No, spelling looked good to me! ha

But I happen to think you are undervaluing Baylor and placing too much value on the historical outcomes in Stillwater with these schools but we shall see.

I do think Baylor may be on the outside looking in when the first committe vote is released tonight due to who they have played so far. Still based on the eye test they look like a contender. Granted they have a new unknown with the freshman qb (who originally committed to Tech by the way). Gonna be a great November to see all this unfold.

I agree this will be a November to Remember like no other, and you're right that the historical context is meaningless, but it's all we have until the game is played. That eye test, which is usually code for "the unis say Alabama" (heard all about that in 2011), has to consider the competitive value. Baylor looks great because they never play anyone or travel anywhere tough.

Baylor is a program that goes out of their way to avoid scheduling big games. The spoils should go to TCU which should be rewarded for scheduling a resurgent Minnesota program and to OU for playing AT Neyland. Are either the same as OSU's opener against FSU at Jerryworld? Not even close. But there is a difference with Baylor, where you can read their mind when it comes to scheduling. At least OU and TCU act like respectable, class-act programs.

We won't have to worry about the games they play (or don't) when Baylor football goes back into a dark place, which is just a matter of time with all the revelations coming out.

Blog Entries

Baylor at 6 and TCU at 8 in tonight's comm poll. Bama in the top 4.

First poll last year

Miss St
    FSU
    Auburn
    Ole Miss

Lots of football left

Jim Traber finally had to give kudos to O-State. I'm sure it was hard for him.

Blog Entries

Gotta give it up!

Impressive come-from-behind victory by the OSU Cowboys over those pesky Iowa State Cyclones.

I never realized how much I hate Iowa State.

Blog Entries

Baylor / OSU game opened at pick em in Vegas. Got bet to OSU -1.5 and now -1

Pokes are gonna destroy Baylor. That would be my prediction even if we were 5-5 and they were 10-0.

Unofficial OSU vs Baylor hype:

Baylor Beat down?

Because of two touchdowns? That didn't take you long lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Pokes are gonna destroy Baylor. That would be my prediction even if we were 5-5 and they were 10-0.
    got any hot stock tips, nostradamus?

Thread Information