Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing facts about McDonalds

Default Amazing facts about McDonalds

McDonald's' daily customer traffic (62M) is more than the population of Great Britain

McDonald's sells more than 75 hamburgers every second

McDonald's' $24 billion in revenue makes it the 90st-largest economy in the world

Counting $32 billion in revenue from franchise stores, McDonald's claims the 68th biggest economy, bigger than Ecuador

McDonald's hires around 1 million workers in the US every year

According to company estimates, one in every eight American workers has been employed by McDonald's

Sharon Stone worked at McDonald's before she was famous. So did Shania Twain, Jay Leno, Rachel McAdams and Pink

McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys, with one included in 20% of all sales

McDonald's' iconic golden arches are recognized by more people than the cross

The Queen of England owns a McDonald's near Buckingham Palace as part of her vast real estate portfolio

For the next three years, McDonald's is going to open one restaurant every day in China

McDonald's delivers -- in 18 countries!

The only place in the lower 48 that is more than 100 miles from a McDonald's is a barren plain in South Dakota

Americans alone consume one billion pounds of beef at McDonald's in a year -- five and a half million head of cattle

Sorry to gross you out but... McDonald's chicken nuggets used to be made of this pink goop*
    UPDATE: According to Snopes, McDonald's stopped using mechanical separation for McNuggets in 2003.

Default Re: Amazing facts about McDolalds

My Lord in heaven above McDonald's is big. And why does pink goop taste so good?

3. Default Re: Amazing facts about McDolalds

What the hell is pink goop?!

Shanis Twain? Wow that's new. LoL

"Pink goop" in the past was processed ground white & dark meat chicken into a paste like substance (chicken and turkey are pink until cooked then it turns the customary white/dark) so it could be formed into those McNugget shapes...but all still chicken. Now it is all white meat.

I don't eat much fast food and when I do it's an occasional trip to In-N-Out.

But recently I had some McD's fries and forgotten how great they are. Still better than any other fast fries IMO.

McDonalds hasn't gotten a cent from me since 9/2007...

7. Default Re: Amazing facts about McDolalds

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    McDonalds hasn't gotten a cent from me since 9/2007...
    This is such a shame. Not supporting local business owners. :-(

8. Default Re: Amazing facts about McDolalds

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    But recently I had some McD's fries and forgotten how great they are. Still better than any other fast fries IMO.
    That they do. The nuggets aren't bad either with their amazing sweet and sour sauce. Need to get that recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    That they do. The nuggets aren't bad either with their amazing sweet and sour sauce. Need to get that recipe.
    I love McDonalds chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce, I could live off that. Needless to say I would die of a heart attack and obesity in about 2 weeks, maybe less. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    This is such a shame. Not supporting local business owners. :-(
    I support Braum's & Sonic & Jonnie's. Those are local...

Default Re: Amazing facts about McDonalds

i haven't been to mcdonald's in a couple months, but...

sweet chili sauce > sweet & sour sauce. just sayin' : ) -M

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I support Braum's & Sonic & Jonnie's. Those are local...
    fwiw, I think many metro area micky d's franchise stores have local ownership.

MadMonk Guest

I worked at the golden arches once in high school for about three months. It was an interesting experience and a great motivator to focus more on my education. I also learned a lot about how the general public can be raging jackasses over very minor stuff. But hey, it put fun money in my pocket and gas in my car when I needed it.

" . . . recently I had some McD's fries and forgotten how great they are. Still better than any other fast fries IMO."

Here's the thing about McDonald's fries: You have to eat them first. If you leisurely consume them--rather than scarfing them down within five minutes of being pulled out from under The Magic Preservation Heat Lamps--they morph into these nearly inedible, mummfied, starch sticks.

Another McDonald's fact: It is home to the most over-priced fish sandwich (Filet-O) on the planet.

I do love that chilie dipping sauce though . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    i haven't been to mcdonald's in a couple months, but...

sweet chili sauce > sweet & sour sauce. just sayin' : ) -M
    Hater. Lol I haven't tried the sweet chili sauce so I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawg View Post
    McDonald's' daily customer traffic (62M) is more than the population of Great Britain

McDonald's sells more than 75 hamburgers every second

McDonald's' $24 billion in revenue makes it the 90st-largest economy in the world

Counting $32 billion in revenue from franchise stores, McDonald's claims the 68th biggest economy, bigger than Ecuador

McDonald's hires around 1 million workers in the US every year

According to company estimates, one in every eight American workers has been employed by McDonald's

Sharon Stone worked at McDonald's before she was famous. So did Shania Twain, Jay Leno, Rachel McAdams and Pink

McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys, with one included in 20% of all sales

McDonald's' iconic golden arches are recognized by more people than the cross

The Queen of England owns a McDonald's near Buckingham Palace as part of her vast real estate portfolio

For the next three years, McDonald's is going to open one restaurant every day in China

McDonald's delivers -- in 18 countries!

The only place in the lower 48 that is more than 100 miles from a McDonald's is a barren plain in South Dakota

Americans alone consume one billion pounds of beef at McDonald's in a year -- five and a half million head of cattle

Sorry to gross you out but... McDonald's chicken nuggets used to be made of this pink goop*
    UPDATE: According to Snopes, McDonald's stopped using mechanical separation for McNuggets in 2003.
    They go through 100 pounds of ground beef daily.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post

Another McDonald's fact: It is home to the most over-priced fish sandwich (Filet-O) on the planet.
    Also one of the more sustainable fish sandwiches on the planet.

Well . . . I guess if hardly anyone buys them because they are so overpriced, I guess the fish population would be sustained by default. Wouldn't it?

They don't typically resort to fishing threatened species, so it makes little difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    [I][B]Another McDonald's fact: It is home to the most over-priced fish sandwich (Filet-O) on the planet.
    They don't taste as good they used to after they took the dolphin out.

Several of the Oklahoma City stores are locally owned. The Santiago family started as employees and worked their way to owning several stores. Mcdonalds is one of few companies that allow you to advance from the frontlines. They pay for college and offer company cars to store managers and above. Most of the stores north of I-40 and west of Portland are owned by the Santiagos. It should be noted you will find some of the best product and service at their stores. MacArthur and Memorial was my favorite when I lived in NW OKC. I could swing through their for a biscuit and OJ in exactly 3 minutes. Lunch and Dinner were always good with hot fresh sandwiches and french fries every time.

Speaking of the MacArthur and Memorial McDonalds, I went to that one today.

23. Default Re: Amazing facts about McDonalds

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Speaking of the MacArthur and Memorial McDonalds, I went to that one today.
    I was there around 2pm!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I was there around 2pm!
    Really? I was there about 5. Small world, only a 3 hour difference.

And I've never been there. Even more amazing.

Thread Information