Widgets Magazine
Page 380 of 485 FirstFirst ... 280330375376377378379380381382383384385430480 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    On certain days, you can go with an employee, so I've gone with friends who are.
    Yet another big difference between Chesapeake and DVN. Devon goes out of their way to embrace the community and make their facilities open and priced for all, and CHK creates a compound exclusively for their own use.

Being in the service industry, I'm intensely interested in the development of Vast.

They make it sound like they are already well on there way in the planning stages. Will this be open before the year is out?

EDIT: Nevermind, found my answer

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Yet another big difference between Chesapeake and DVN. Devon goes out of their way to embrace the community and make their facilities open and priced for all, and CHK creates a compound exclusively for their own use.
    Very true, although in fairness, I think location has some to do with that. I doubt Google allows public to interact with its suburban campus, but since DVN is in a very public area, it's almost expected on some level, being in a DT environment.

4. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

More photos today after work. Clouds were perfect. Got a lot of skyline shots. It's at the end of a very long queue now.

Good points but it also has to be said that Chesapeake chose a location that would isolate them while Devon chose a location that would allow them to bring the public into their facilities.

All the photos that follow are from Metro.

7. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Should I still bother posting mine?

In a word - YEPPERS

9. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

There's about 5-6 days worth of photos... I'll never get around to adding my name to them all.

Yes.

It's hard to imagine they are going to start moving in and even open the food court in three weeks!

But at the rate they are moving, I'm sure it will look a lot different then.

You can see, for example, just how dirty the windows are in the rotunda. Just cleaning the glass and all the other surfaces will be a massive undertaking.

Hard to believe that we'll simply be able to walk in there in less than a month.

12. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Post your favorites...

February 17 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/william...th/6927150903/

14. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Great photos. Not that I'm a shill for OKCBiz, but the magzine did a story on CHK's restaurants. CHK puts a lot of emphasis on their employees, and they do a great job with creating a "campus" environment, complete with lots of perks that makes employees feel special and part of the team. I think they are doing noble things.

http://okc.biz/oklahoma/article-6096...y-careers.html

Pete, thanks for posting some of my pics. I know it may look like a long way to go, but the Garden Wing is almost done. In some of my pictures on my photobucket that didn't get posted, you can see the interior of the Garden Wing.

I cropped one of Will's photos to show something that I had long suspected: That red/orange railing in the auditorium lobby is just painted lumber. I hope the permanent one is a similar color because it provides a dramatic contrast to all the glass and steel:

Can someone request a visit of the completed parts of the interior to take photos? I am just too curious on how it looks and dont have the patience of waiting another 9 months :-)

I love Will's photos with the Oklahoma River in the foreground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Good points but it also has to be said that Chesapeake chose a location that would isolate them while Devon chose a location that would allow them to bring the public into their facilities.
    With their budget, I'm sure they could have gone anywhere they wanted, so just maybe this is what they wanted, a non-public campus, not every Company wants people traipsing about. That said, they certainly are civic minded and have done a lot of good in OKC.

I'm sure others have done this, but I thought I'd put together a short time lapse from the webcam. I added some local music for extra flare.

Link is http://youtu.be/qaQ3ylepdV0

23. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

February 18 2012

Very cool!

25. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I could do something similar to that timelapse with the photos I've saved over the construction period. Just haven't used them yet.

Thread Information