Widgets Magazine

Thread: OKC Energy FC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

whats lost in all of this is when they move to Taft there will be a lack of pre and post game social opportunities compared to speakeasy and the proximity to the western corridor

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    whats lost in all of this is when they move to Taft there will be a lack of pre and post game social opportunities compared to speakeasy and the proximity to the western corridor
    On the other hand, Taft will most likely allow beer sales in the stadium during the matches plus tailgating with beers in the surrounding lots. Both of which are banned at Pribil Stadium.

3. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by C. B. View Post
    On the other hand, Taft will most likely allow beer sales in the stadium during the matches plus tailgating with beers in the surrounding lots. Both of which are banned at Pribil Stadium.
    I know that Airon at Skinny Slims has offered to provide the beer sales at Taft, so hopefully they could get some type of deal going. I remember at the NASL focus group they had last year they had talked about getting a bus to shuttle all us drunk bastards to and from the stadium, that would be kind of fun if they could do that with the Energy. I'm not a fan of Speakeasy but it is close to where they will be playing so I guess you have to put that into consideration.

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by C. B. View Post
    The only problem with that is there are NO surrounding lots. There is the small lot in front of the stdium, on May. And there is NW Classen's school lot, across the street. With school security being what it is I don't know if they will like tailgating, with alcohol, on school property. We'll see.

Thread Information