Widgets Magazine

Thread: Phil Robertson FIRED from A & E

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Phil Robertson FIRED from A & E

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    This thread is just another example of how irrational people are becoming. Attacking the company when it exercises its right to suspend an employee...but then line up for miles for chicken on an "appreciation day" when a company starts to defend itself from a one of the same minority groups.

In most states, everyone is an at-will employee. Are we now arguing that companies don't have the right to hire/fire at-will employees when they see fit? I'm pretty sure the contract language for this guy has an out clause for A&E and their legal team has been through it several times.
    I don't know that anyone in this thread has argued that A&E doesn't have the right (except for maybe the original post) to fire Phil. Now whether they were right or smart to do so in a business sense is something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I don't know that anyone in this thread has argued that A&E doesn't have the right (except for maybe the original post) to fire Phil. Now whether they were right or smart to do so in a business sense is something else entirely.
    This is where A&E messed up. They should have simply said, "Phil Roberts is a participant on a reality TV show. Phil Robertson is not A&E.", and left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    This is where A&E messed up. They should have simply said, "Phil Roberts is a participant on a reality TV show. Phil Robertson is not A&E.", and left it at that.
    Damn straight: A&E should have grown a pair . . . of Ovaries. (fer cryin' out loud =)
    (geez . . .)
    (louise)

edited to add: WTF?

Thread Information