Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep Deuce District

Blog Entries

Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Plu pan... Do you have photo training? Your eye is excellent.

Thanks man! I don't have any training. It's primarily just a hobby when I'm out around, but I've slowly improved over the years and certainly venture to some places I'm probably not allowed, but it makes for good photos. In this case, I was surprised about these two shots how good they turned out to be. I didn't think they were going to be that good, but I really like them. Thank you for the compliment!

2/12/2015

Like that shot, looks dense

Yeah. It will eve better if they ever get those brownstones built completely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	829.1 KB 
ID:	10196

Thanks!

Interesting that Mosaic is more gray when compared to the white-ish Level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks!

Interesting that Mosaic is more gray when compared to the white-ish Level.
    It is a good bit darker, and the balconies are different. Looks pretty good.

I really prefer the look of Mosaic over level. The midblock location has a different feel to it too. I think I would move here if I hadn't already planned on renewing my lease at Deep Deuce Apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I really prefer the look of Mosaic over level. The midblock location has a different feel to it too. I think I would move here if I hadn't already planned on renewing my lease at Deep Deuce Apartments.
    I had the same thought, briefly, about moving from level. Didn't seem worth my time overall though.

3/18/2015

Someone mentioned on here once that you have a good eye, and I'd have to agree with them. With a little cropping, those are some quality photos.

I really appreciate it man! I'm really loving these streetwalls in DD and they're growing every year.

That doesn't even look like okc, great photos.

When Deep Deuce fills in, will that development spill over 235 to the east? That area seems great for revitalization and dense, residential projects.

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    When Deep Deuce fills in, will that development spill over 235 to the east? That area seems great for revitalization and dense, residential projects.
    I think its more likely to go north into Automobile Alley and Midtown. It's already started with the Metropolitan and more is likely in the pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I think its more likely to go north into Automobile Alley and Midtown. It's already started with the Metropolitan and more is likely in the pipes.
    Someone (Pete maybe?) suggested that AA is about to get more housing options soon - which would be incredible. Lots of surface parking up and down broadway still which is screaming for dense housing with ground floor retail/dining.

Blog Entries

Lets say you have a housing option in DD area versus one in SOSA - based soley on location, which area would you prefer?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Lets say you have a housing option in DD area versus one in SOSA - based soley on location, which area would you prefer?
    Both being apartments or looking for single family residential? Own...rent? Have a family, don't have a family? What lifestyle do you want?

Location is relative to the type of lifestyle you want, where you work, the church you want to go to, what entertainment you enjoy, etc. Good location for some is bad location for others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Both being apartments or looking for single family residential? Own...rent? Have a family, don't have a family? What lifestyle do you want?

Location is relative to the type of lifestyle you want, where you work, the church you want to go to, what entertainment you enjoy, etc. Good location for some is bad location for others.
    That is all true...really was thinking more big picture - just which appeal to more people unrelated to the specific housing. Assuming exact same housing option each place. But you are right - it's very individual.

Given the opportunity to purchase, somewhat affordably, I would go with Deep Deuce / Auto Alley. Easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Given the opportunity to purchase, somewhat affordably, I would go with Deep Deuce / Auto Alley. Easy choice.
    I'd love to see some for purchase infill on the empty areas on N Broadway. Plenty of room for retail development as well.

It's weird how the Aloft eludes most "complete" Deep Deuce aerials...

These are the plans for the residence under construction at 11 NE 3rd (behind the Brownstones):

Thread Information