Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East-West Bridges Between Mustang & Yukon

Default East-West Bridges Between Mustang & Yukon

The tornado(s) & 7" rain of Late May apparently did a lot of them in. This detours traffic to already congested routes and there's nothing happening in the way of fixing them. Would like to hear what's in the works in regard to these closed roads.

Default Re: East-West Bridges Between Mustang & Yukon

Which ones are you referring too? Most likely OKC is who takes care of these so it may be awhile.

My mail complain is that you cannot go through between Council Rd and Cemetery Rd on SW 59th St. I live North of 59th so to access I-240 I now have to drive South to Hwy 152 and deal with the traffic to get to the new section of 152 that leads to I-240. Besides the bridges being out, the road from Cemetery Rd to Sara Rd is horrible.

There's 5 miles of road between Council and Cemetary roads and these roads are west of Council. Then you're talking about I-240 which is east of Council. What is your question? I don't get it.

Several of the roads between Council and Hwy 92 are closed due to bridge issues. This occurred due to the late May storms. SW 59th is in horrible shape between 92 and Sara and even if they repaired the bridge the road is on it's last legs. With the growth spurt in the area these are more than inconveniences for the residents in the area.
    In answer to your question, anyone wanting to go East from Hwy 92 needs to plan to drive several miles extra and allow another 10 minutes due to the heavier traffic on the few open roads.
    Edit to add that West Reno, SW 29th St are the other closed roads.

Why don't you just take 44th to 152 and squiggle on over to I-240. Don't forget that traffic in Oklahoma City is nothing compared to other major cities and that it'll help you to maybe leave 15 minutes earlier to adjust for everyday traffic patterns.

With no light at SW 44th and Mustang Rd you're idea just adds to the delay.
    I just don't want the bridge work on W. Reno, SW 15th, SW 59th to be put off till they get finished spending our money on downtown OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    I just don't want the bridge work on W. Reno, SW 15th, SW 59th to be put off till they get finished spending our money on downtown OKC.
    I hope that's a tongue in cheek comment since there is absolutely no connection between the two.

ljbab728, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the subject. Have a nice day.

I wish OKC would just de annex these areas to Mustang and Yukon depending on proximity.

With no light at SW 44th and Mustang Rd you're idea just adds to the delay.
    It doesn't have to be your money if you spend all your money in Mustang. Best of luck with that though ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    I wish OKC would just de annex these areas to Mustang and Yukon depending on proximity.
    Mustang can't even keep up with what little roads they have. Not sure this would be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Mustang can't even keep up with what little roads they have. Not sure this would be an improvement.
    It would make it easier for those of us with Yukon address, Yukon schools, OKC utilities, and OKC city limits etc. to explain what town we live in!! lol

It would make it easier for those of us with Yukon address, Yukon schools, OKC utilities, and OKC city limits etc. to explain what town we live in!! lol
    Hey I know people with Yukon address, Mustang schools, OKC utilities and city limits, so it could be worse. I feel like I have the same ordeal. My address is OKC, but where I live it's surprising I don't have a Mustang address. I'm a half mile past actual Mustang city limits, and we have Moore schools. doesn't make any sense.

Hey I know people with Yukon address, Mustang schools, OKC utilities and city limits, so it could be worse. I feel like I have the same ordeal. My address is OKC, but where I live it's surprising I don't have a Mustang address. I'm a half mile past actual Mustang city limits, and we have Moore schools. doesn't make any sense.
    If your looking for rational planning based off today cities no, but the the school zones were planned more for the cities like they were 100 years ago, when even OKC only had like a two mile radius and they were dividing farmland.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    If your looking for rational planning based off today cities no, but the the school zones were planned more for the cities like they were 100 years ago, when even OKC only had like a two mile radius and they were dividing farmland.
    I would just think nowadays when they are looking at maps, they would base school districts off of location of houses from the schools. I live west of Will Rogers, and 4 miles from a Mustang school. The closest Moore school is 14 miles away. This just seems extremely inefficient. I suppose once they build the school off of Portland, that will be the closest one, but still not as close as Mustang.

Nice thought. Never gonna happen.

The Mustang School system has been noted for it's quality for decades. 25 yrs ago the Mustang school district was much smaller than it is today. Thanks to then Superintendent B.F. Rowley the district expanded to include areas of expected future growth. Mustang Education Ctr Mustang, OK School Boundaries Map & School Profile

I would just think nowadays when they are looking at maps, they would base school districts off of location of houses from the schools. I live west of Will Rogers, and 4 miles from a Mustang school. The closest Moore school is 14 miles away. This just seems extremely inefficient. I suppose once they build the school off of Portland, that will be the closest one, but still not as close as Mustang.
    Except they do not do any sort of redistricting of existing systems based off location, if they even tried they would probably get significant backlash, most of the recent changes or options to change seem like they are if an existing school will merge entirely with a different existing school or if a system that only went through elementary or middle school before passing them to a larger city's school system expanded the number of grades the covered.

Though location can matter in the schools application process for allowing people to take kids not in the district there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Except they do not do any sort of redistricting of existing systems based off location, if they even tried they would probably get significant backlash, most of the recent changes or options to change seem like they are if an existing school will merge entirely with a different existing school or if a system that only went through elementary or middle school before passing them to a larger city's school system expanded the number of grades the covered.

Though location can matter in the schools application process for allowing people to take kids not in the district there.
    It's just odd because I know where I am didn't exist 10 years, nothing but farmland as I used to frequent the area. (I lived the past 16 years and even graduated from Mustang) So at some point they had to determine the district and it blows me away that when they did they picked a school district where the closest school was 3 times as far as closer Mustang. At that time Moore's closest school's were on Western. Just doesn't make sense to me. I actually live on the line. People across the street from me kids go to Mustang, our side goes to Westmoore. The buses literally pass one another. Schools could probably save a lot of money by just re-districting based off of location. I mean I can't imagine people throwing a hissy from going to Moore to Mustang. Schools are fairly close in quality. Now if it is Western Heights I could understand. Then again throwing in my location it would even make more sense for that to be my district as opposed to Moore, but given the choice I'd still choose the latter.

I think I know the addition where you're talking about. We looked at a house right at the entrance there on the East side of the street that was for sale in 2011. I liked the area there. Quiet & good size lots.

Yes it's very quiet and everyone has a decent amount of land. I have great
    Neighbors so that's made it very nice moving in here.

The Mustang School system has been noted for it's quality for decades. 25 yrs ago the Mustang school district was much smaller than it is today. Thanks to then Superintendent B.F. Rowley the district expanded to include areas of expected future growth. Mustang Education Ctr Mustang, OK School Boundaries Map & School Profile
    I knew Bill Rowley and his wife, Willa Mae, and liked him very much. He was an excellent superintendent and did much to improve the school district including building new schools within that district. I don't, however, remember anything he did to expand the boundaries of the district. Do you have information showing that?

No I googled it but nothing came up. I read about it in the local paper back then. Rowley was superintendent from 1971 to 1990.

No I googled it but nothing came up. I read about it in the local paper back then. Rowley was superintendent from 1971 to 1990.
    As I said, I knew Bill Rowley and lived in Mustang during that time. I don't believe the area of the school district changed at all. If you have other evidence I would be interested in knowing about it.

Thread Information