Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: WSKY Lounge

Default Re: WSKY Lounge to Deep Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'm always entertained by people who walk into a cigar bar and act offended by the smoke. It's like choosing to eat at a BBQ joint and being offended by all of the meat being served.
    If I ever embark on a new career, I wanna back a new Q joint and call it PETA-Q. I've always liked the old joke that PETA stands for people eating tasty animals.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    I'll give it a try, but if the smoke is a problem, I won't be back.

Jarrod - making notes?
    I have marketed myself since day one as a smoking lounge. If someone feels the need to complain about smoking, I cannot help but laugh due to the fact that its known before you ever enter the establishment that smoking is permitted.

We have done everything in our power to regulate and eliminate the smoke but the bottom line is that its still a cigar lounge. I cater to the clientele who enjoy a nice cigar and the ability to smoke in an adult establishment without being harassed. I understand it wont be for everyone, but those who smoke will enjoy it.

To me it is a night and day difference between cigarette and cigar smoke. Cigar being way more tolerable and sometimes quite aromatic if its not too thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'm always entertained by people who walk into a cigar bar and act offended by the smoke. It's like choosing to eat at a BBQ joint and being offended by all of the meat being served.
    Which is why I'm not going. I don't expect every business to cater to me, and truly hope WSKY is around for many years. That said, my allergies and asthma preclude me from patronizing this particular bar.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Yeah, I find that a lot of people will actually enjoy it even if they don't like cigarette smoke. Which frankly, I don't either.
    While I don't partake, I've always enjoyed the aroma of pot smoke, particularly good old fashioned Oklahoma skunk weed. Too bad we don't have bars that cater to this hobby in OKC.

6. Default Re: WSKY Lounge to Deep Deuce

One is legal, one is illegal. The end.

Being a cigar guy myself I look forward to frequenting your establishment! Will there be any cigar clubs/tastings/groups etc?

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodH View Post
    I have marketed myself since day one as a smoking lounge. If someone feels the need to complain about smoking, I cannot help but laugh due to the fact that its known before you ever enter the establishment that smoking is permitted.

We have done everything in our power to regulate and eliminate the smoke but the bottom line is that its still a cigar lounge. I cater to the clientele who enjoy a nice cigar and the ability to smoke in an adult establishment without being harassed. I understand it wont be for everyone, but those who smoke will enjoy it.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    While I don't partake, I've always enjoyed the aroma of pot smoke, particularly good old fashioned Oklahoma skunk weed. Too bad we don't have bars that cater to this hobby in OKC.
    hahaha, this was unexpected...

I can't wait for the followup threads to this one....

"I'll try KD's new restaurant, but I'm diabetic and there better not be any fried foods."

"Looking forward to the new tower plans being revealed, but I'm afraid of heights so if it's too tall I'm against it."

"The new central park is a good idea, but I have allergies so if there's too much grass it needs to go."

Seriously though... WSKY sounds pretty awesome and I will be checking it out very soon. Several of my good friends are very enthusiastic wiskey and cigar folks and when they come visit for OU home games, I can see us driving up to Deep Deuce to hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I LOLed...didn't realize who wrote it until I read your quote.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Just thought I would try to lighten the conversation.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Just thought I would try to lighten the conversation.
    And you succeeded. Now you owe me a new keyboard.

Can someone who has been there attest to the % of cigar smoke versus cigarette smoke? I love the smell of a good cigar (Maker's used to be my go-to place with friends) but I loathe the smell of cigarette smoke (worked in the bar business for three years and began to hate it). Not complaining, just trying to figure out if it is a place I want to hang out.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Can someone who has been there attest to the % of cigar smoke versus cigarette smoke? I love the smell of a good cigar (Maker's used to be my go-to place with friends) but I loathe the smell of cigarette smoke (worked in the bar business for three years and began to hate it). Not complaining, just trying to figure out if it is a place I want to hang out.
    Here's a novel thought - why don't you just go by and see what you think of the place?

Jesus, people. Go by, have a drink, and determine if it's a place you want to hang out longer. Is it so hard?

I wish you the best...but disappointed to hear that it is a cigar lounge, didn't know that. That rules me out. As cool as the place looks, I won't even go inside. Cigar smoke is one of the most noxious of the batch (ranging from the pleasant to tolerable pipe smoke....offense cigarette smoke...and make me green cigar smoke)

Sid: my emphasis was on the unpleasant part of the definition. That said, what are the comparisons on the harmful and/or poisonous between cigarettes and cigars? Not only to the smoker but the 2nd hand type? And please don't anyone mistake my comments as being against the owner of a private business wanting to do what he wants to do with said business (legally of course). I wish the owners great success, I just won't be coming to check it out to see what looks like an awesome space because of the cigars. But I also understand that it is a legal product and some folks actually like it and they need someplace where they can go and enjoy themselves.

They have some amazing ventalation. Unless you are a foot from a smoker. Your not going to notice much of anything

18. Default Re: WSKY Lounge to Deep Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    They have some amazing ventalation. Unless you are a foot from a smoker. Your not going to notice much of anything
    Agreed. Tried it out last night and the ventilation will just about make your hair stand on end, Flowbee style. The place is top shelf. They have a tufted upholstered booth that runs all of the way to the ceiling that might now be the coolest individual seating space in OKC.

Thank you to everyone for the business and feedback.

Our purification systems are holding up great and no smoke Is evident unless its extremely busy. With that being said, we have decided to add another 30% purification and ventilation to the space just to ensure that at all times our claims are true. Our main goal here is to make all of our patrons comfortable and make the entire experience pleasant.

Here is a photo taken at around 11 pm on Saturday. We were at capacity (75) and had probably around 20 cigars going. I wanted the people who haven't been yet to see the amount of smoke lingering in the lounge.

Kudos for what looks like a job well done. My buddy went the other day and just raved about the place. Excited to try it out.

Went there Saturday night with friends and sat in the cool booth, loved it!

Went to WSKY yesterday night, my goodness this place is the shiz. Just awesome. Classy interior, friendly and prompt service, one hell of a whisky selection (if only my wussy Asian liver could handle liquor). I can't want to come back and try some food here. Just perfect and exactly what is needed in deep deuce. Excellent crowd too for a Tuesday night. Safe to say we have a smash hit on our hands!

Oh, and the smoke really isn't noticeable - if our buddy wasn't smoking right next to me I really doubt I'd have noticed it at all.

24. Default Re: WSKY Lounge to Deep Deuce

Went to WSKY on Wednesday for a drink. Loved the place and the atmosphere. Especially loved the whisky selection. But...I came away smelling like smoke. I'm not a smoker, and I'm not a militant anti-smoker. I really don't mind the smell except in my clothes. There were maybe two cigars going in the place at the time and while that didn't bother me, the after-smell on me did. I think it's a great place and I wish them well, but I wish they had a non-smoking section for folks like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    Went to WSKY on Wednesday for a drink. Loved the place and the atmosphere. Especially loved the whisky selection. But...I came away smelling like smoke. I'm not a smoker, and I'm not a militant anti-smoker. I really don't mind the smell except in my clothes. There were maybe two cigars going in the place at the time and while that didn't bother me, the after-smell on me did. I think it's a great place and I wish them well, but I wish they had a non-smoking section for folks like me.
    I really don't think it is the owners responsibility to provide a non-smoking facility. I'm sure there are bars in OKC that don't have smoking or have designated areas though.

Thread Information