Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Crest on Sooner and Covell

Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Unless numbers have significantly dropped at Memorial, Edmond North, Santa Fe, and Memorial all have about the same average number of students between 2300-2500 students annually in regards to OSSAA Sports Classification.

http://www.ossaa.net/docs/2019-20/Fo...otball_ADM.pdf

If they do not plan on adding another high school, something will need to occur at the other three sites to address classroom sizes as the population of Edmond has basically doubled since 1993 when Santa Fe and North were added, and there are plenty of more people too in OKC City Limits, but Edmond School District.
    Not sure how they would district it. But if they could move about 300 from each school to create new 4th HS. It would leave the existing schools as 6a-1 and then new school would be middle of 5A and would probably rapidly grow because east edmond will be taking off in coming 10-20 years or sooner.
    But anyhow.
    Can’t wait for Crest to be built! Back to subject

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Look at what the Tulsa area high schools have. Then realize the Westside hasn't won a state football title in 3 decades.
    Then look at the academic success of Edmond verses those Eastside school districts. Winning in football should not be a consideration for when to build a new high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Then look at the academic success of Edmond verses those Eastside school districts. Winning in football should not be a consideration for when to build a new high school.
    +1

Football is one sport that directly impacts such a small number of the total students at the school. 6A School football roster is maybe 50-60 kids? Sure marching band and cheer compliment the sport, but there are so many students who do something other than that. For example, having to work at Crest.

+1

Football is one sport that directly impacts such a small number of the total students at the school. 6A School football roster is maybe 50-60 kids? Sure marching band and cheer compliment the sport, but there are so many students who do something other than that. For example, having to work at Crest.
    And combining into one massive school actually limits the number of kids that can do all of those activities. The only benefit of it is it combines all the top talent so the team has a better shot of winning.

+1

closer to and in lots of cases over 100 between varsity and freshman on the big 6a1 teams ..

Ground-breaking ceremony happened about 10:00 AM this morning. Actual store construction should start shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Yeah, Jenks, Broken Arrow and Union schools are compete garbage academically... You're right.

Here’s an article about the Crest Store groundbreaking: https://okcfox.com/news/local/crest-...il-development

I knew this was coming lol

I have mixed emotions to be honest with you,” said Sam Anderson, a resident of the neighborhood adjacent to the store site. “I'm excited because I do like Crest, I like their stores. I'm also a little bit concerned because I do fear the traffic that it's going to create in the area.”
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...e/65458935007/

These people live on the fringes of a major metropolis near roads that were widened to 3 lanes each way and they’re still worried about the typical Edmond complaint “increased traffic” lol

Oh my, the back of the store will look so horrendous with all that brick. SMH. Traffic won't be a concern once Covell is expanded to 4 lanes from I-35 to Broadway and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I knew this was coming lol

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...e/65458935007/

These people live on the fringes of a major metropolis near roads that were widened to 3 lanes each way and they’re still worried about the typical Edmond complaint “increased traffic” lol
    Worried about traffic in an area right off an interstate exchange? Never fails to amaze me.

Eh - I can see anyone who has to deal with that damn Covell traffic daily being concerned about the increase. It's not like they're saying they oppose it.

The Covell and Coltrane intersection needs to be redone before this opens (in a perfect world), and hopefully Sooner will be widened to 4 lanes before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Yeah, Jenks, Broken Arrow and Union schools are compete garbage academically... You're right.
    I think you are being sarcastic, but I suggest you look at the rankings. Those school are complete garbage compared to Edmond. I say this as a BA alum.

Steel going up and concrete being poured for the past week or so. Walls are due to start being delivered and built around March 10th or so.........

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Steel going up and concrete being poured for the past week or so. Walls are due to start being delivered and built around March 10th or so.........
    yes sir ... the structure is now vertical

Steel structure has continued to increase and is looking good. Long way to go but making great progress.

great shots pete thanks

Does it come with GPS in case you get lost? Looks massive.

It will be about 10% bigger than the 3 area Wincos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Does it come with GPS in case you get lost? Looks massive.
    It will be as large as the Norman Crest when it opens, which is the largest in the chain.

I was by the Crest at Czech Hall Sunday around noon and there were hundreds of cars.

This location is going to absolutely kill it.

Good for Crest, a local company that has found a way to be very competitive and keep building stores in an incredibly tough industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I was by the Crest at Czech Hall Sunday around noon and there were hundreds of cars.

This location is going to absolutely kill it.

Good for Crest, a local company that has found a way to be very competitive and keep building stores in an incredibly tough industry.
    They aren't done either. Looking at land out along the Portland Expressway area north of Memorial for # 11..........That area (Deer Creek - Piedmont) is going to explode over the next 15-20 years.

^

That would be such a great location for them.

They seem to be savvy about getting out in front of high-growth areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    They aren't done either. Looking at land out along the Portland Expressway area north of Memorial for # 11..........That area (Deer Creek - Piedmont) is going to explode over the next 15-20 years.
    This would be amazing!!!! Would be nice not to make the drive over to the Edmond location on 164th & Santa Fe

Thread Information