Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 65152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1561

Thread: Century Center

1. Default Re: Century Center

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Do you have facts to back up your opinion of "most" OKC people? Or were you too lazy, ambivalent, or arrogant to research and learn the facts about this issue before forming and espousing opinions on this message board?
    Rover is arrogant? No way...

Default Re: Century Center

I don't care if people are right, wrong, arrogant, funny, etc. I just care that they're intelligent and comfortable exploring how their viewpoint confronts others. On this board I obviously experience a lot of push back from folks who aren't used to either differing viewpoints or questioning whether OKC could possibly do better. I see that as a very similar type of push back that Berry often gets from the respective fanbases when he writes anything critical of Gundy or Stoops.

The role of journalism is not to remind people what a great state it is, sorry OETA. We're obviously all here because we love OKC enough to read and write and "e-socialize" over the topic, so let's get over that. What's the fun in being ostriches with our head stuck in the sand?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Rover is arrogant? No way...
    No, just lazy.

4. Default Re: Century Center

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    On this board I obviously experience a lot of push back from folks who aren't used to either differing viewpoints or questioning whether OKC could possibly do better.
    Come on, be honest. Do you really think those are the only two reasons?

I couldn't resist this...

If headlines from today's NewsOK.com website appeared on the walls of the new OPUBCO offices:

6. Default Re: Century Center

sad...

Lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I couldn't resist this...

If headlines from today's NewsOK.com website appeared on the walls of the new OPUBCO offices:

I'm surprised there's no headline up there about Florida Man or some teacher having sex with a student. Those articles seem to be a daily occurance.

From shawnw; great to see the lights on:

But, could he get on a train every morning and hop off it onto a streetcar that stops very near his office - his commute would suddenly be even more relaxing, and far safer, than that 8 mile drive. That's what people who use mass trans suddenly discover. You can read a book or the newspaper on your way to work.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    But, could he get on a train every morning and hop off it onto a streetcar that stops very near his office - his commute would suddenly be even more relaxing, and far safer, than that 8 mile drive. That's what people who use mass trans suddenly discover. You can read a book or the newspaper on your way to work.
    ...or he could just move closer to work and live near all the "coolness". For the first time in 3 generations the people in OKC have options on not only where to live, but 'how' to live. It is no longer a choice of where one wants a suburban lifestyle, but if one wants a suburban lifestyle at all. I think as more and more people discover the benefits of urbanism they will increasingly choose that option, and it is great that people with the biggest speaking voice in the State are being given that option first hand.

And here you have an obviously weaker writer trying to do the same article that Berry did last week. Never been a fan of Mize's writing, and I think he panders folksy to make up for his writing deficiency. I don't think he says a single substantive thing in this entire article, but it's still cool to see all of the main Oklahoman writers doing their take on the move.

Can't wait for Jenni's piece on how the switch to downtown was really about toughness, with their good writers threatening to transfer, and too many of the other writers gorging on fried chicken from Britton Road drive-thru establishments.

With OPUBCO finally out of their old HQ, it will be interesting to see what happens with that property now and it also sets off a chain effect.

American Fidelity is already constructng a new parking garage on that campus and plans to build more office and perhaps some restaurant space on the lake.

It also means they can fully vacate 2000 Classen, which in turn dumps a lot of vacancy into that area.

And, I've heard that American Fidelity has been working with American Energy Partners to jointly develop the land around the small lakes that sit between their properties.

Things should start to move forward on all this now the first domino has fallen.

With OPUBCO finally out of their old HQ, it will be interesting to see what happens with that property now and it also sets off a chain effect.

American Fidelity is already construction a new parking garage on that campus and plans to build more office and perhaps some restaurant space on the lake.

It also means they can fully vacate 2000 Classen, which in turn dumps a lot of vacancy into that area.

And, I've heard that American Fidelity has been working with American Energy Partners to jointly develop the land around the small lakes that sit between their properties.

Things should start to move forward on all this now the first domino has fallen.
    Was AF concurrently moving in while OPUBCO was moving out? And are there any leads or interest in the soon to be vacant 2000 Classen complex?

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    Was AF concurrently moving in while OPUBCO was moving out? And are there any leads or interest in the soon to be vacant 2000 Classen complex?
    Yes to your first question. I have a good friend that works for AF and has been onsite at the OPUBCO building for over a year I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    AF has been moving into the old OPUBCO space but couldn't fully do so until they moved out. They'eve also been renovating the vacant floors.

What space they've vacated thus far at 2000 Classen has been pretty much leased out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    ...or he could just move closer to work and live near all the "coolness". For the first time in 3 generations the people in OKC have options on not only where to live, but 'how' to live. It is no longer a choice of where one wants a suburban lifestyle, but if one wants a suburban lifestyle at all. I think as more and more people discover the benefits of urbanism they will increasingly choose that option, and it is great that people with the biggest speaking voice in the State are being given that option first hand.
    Plaudits to you for this well-written, positive post.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Hopefully enough people keep choosing urbanism so that modern amenities like a grocery store and CVS/Walgreens can exist downtown in the near future. My guess is that CVS is going to regret not being a part of the Century Center deal like they almost were.

20. Default Re: Century Center

My understanding is that CVS already regrets not leasing.

AF has been moving into the old OPUBCO space but couldn't fully do so until they moved out. They'eve also been renovating the vacant floors.

What space they've vacated thus far at 2000 Classen has been pretty much leased out already.
    With TEEMCO being evicted from some of their leases already, any chance they move those positions to 2000 Classen to be closer to their headquarters @ the gold dome?

Nice rendering of the Revolve Pizza that is going in on the NW corner of this project:

Blog Entries

That will be a very cool. I recall the days of Taco Casa if you went inside the NW doors and went on inside!

24. Default Re: Century Center

You could get a bean burrito as big as your head

Blog Entries

And if you were a regular customer you got chips and salsa before the meal without ordering it! It was quite an honor! Back in the day!

Thread Information