Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 92,650 square foot mammoth mega-mansion to be built in Edmond.

Default Re: 92,650 square foot mammoth mega-mansion to be built in Edmond.

All of you doubters will won't be laughing when the Visigoths make their comeback.

2. Default Re: 92,650 square foot mammoth mega-mansion to be built in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Someone on FB told me in comment he is 65 million, so take that for what it's worth. I have done not even the slightest bit of research on it.
    He's nowhere near 65-million minus debt.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    He's nowhere near 65-million minus debt.
    I have no idea what he worth, just stating what I heard. I kind of thought that number was a bit high myself.

Put me as one who would be surprised if this is built. Given the fact that there is no bank in this country that would touch something like this given there is no comps anywhere close to this, he must be largely paying for this out of his pocket. I mean, is peddling used cars to people with s****y credit that lucrative? Maybe I'm in the wrong business.

I gotta say, this sounds extremely similar to the case of US Fidelis. Of course they were just peddling car warranties, not actual cars. But that guy largely funneled his company's revenue into building himself a supersized mansion on the outskirts of St Louis, somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 million.

I hate to rely on innuendo, but I've learned if it doesn't make sense, there's probably something wrong. We are talking about the owner of a few used car lots, not the CEO of some F500 company.

Future Edmond home to be one of nation’s largest houses
    James Coburn
    The Edmond Sun

EDMOND — Plans are to construct one of the largest homes in the United States within the City of Edmond limits.

Key Auto Group owner David Frayer plans to build a 92,650-square-foot home on 160-acres on the northwest corner of Sorghum Mill and Westminster, said Bob Schiermeyer, city planner. The castle-like home will include multiple spires, he said.

“The walls will be a good 40 feet and then they may have spires that go up 90 feet in height,” Schiermeyer said.

The City of Edmond does not place a limit to the square footage of a house. The house will be constructed near the center of the tract, according to minutes of the Edmond Board of Adjustment.

“The variance from this board is permanent,” Schiermeyer said. “So they can take some time and build it later or build it in the next few months. They’d be ready for a permit anytime.

“They don’t have a permit now.”

Access to the Frayer property will be from Westminster. The Quo Vadis Addition is located to the south and acreage home sites are located to the east. The land to the north and west is undeveloped.

At 178,000-square-feet in size, the Biltmore House ranks as the largest privately owned and historic house in the United States. George Washington Vanderbilt II built the Châteauesque residence in Asheville, N.C.

The Frayer home would be the largest in the state, exceeding the 35,000-square-foot Yukon residence of Bob Funk, founder and CEO of Express Employment Professionals.

However, the Frayer house will be the fifth-largest home in the country after its construction is completed, according to information listed at Wikipedia.

- See more at: Future Edmond home to be one of nation?s largest houses » Local News » The Edmond Sun
    So NOT the biggest house in the country.

I think it is beautiful and hope it gets constructed.

Anybody know how much he paid for the land ?

It wouldn't be the largest house in the country, but the largest single-family house, right? The Biltmore Estate (178,926 sf) is privately owned but is now a museum. Oheka Castle (112,895 sf) is now a hotel and a wedding venue. The Arden House (100,000 sf) is now home to the Research Center on Natural Conservation and is also a conference center. Winterthur (96,582 sf) is now a museum and library. The Frayer Castle is smaller than these but would be the first on the list to be solely a private residence.

Just leaking this rumor has put his name in the news. Good P.R.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Just leaking this rumor has put his name in the news. Good P.R.
    Come buy a used car from me so I can build the largest residential home in the country is good P.R.? Truth be told, there are a lot people out there who like to be linked in some way to news makers so you are probably right. After all, every local news station in America always has the 'local connection' to every world event. Personally, if I bought a car from someone who did this I couldn't help but feel that I got way over charged.

On a side note - when I looked to get my house repainted I got an estimate from RhinoShield (after all - their commercials said it wasn't expensive as I think). The estimator came rolling up to my house in a Corvette and guess what - it turned to be just as expensive as I thought. Maybe if they didn't send their salesmen out in Corvettes... anyhow, I digress.

Have you seen/heard the prices and interest the Key charges? Of course folks are overcharged.

People who buy there are desperate, and end up paying 30-40k for a 15k car.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Have you seen/heard the prices and interest the Key charges? Of course folks are overcharged.

People who buy there are desperate, and end up paying 30-40k for a 15k car.
    Who else is going to take a chance on them?

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    All of you doubters will won't be laughing when the Visigoths make their comeback.
    What percentage of people here know what a Visigoth is? 40/60 maybe.....

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    I almost went with Huns or Mongols but for comedy value you've got to go Visigoth.

Quote Originally Posted by achilleslaststand
    i'd imagine it's a higher percentage than those who know who dean learner is. -M

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i'd imagine it's a higher percentage than those who know who dean learner is. -M

Yes, but not a higher percentage than those who know who Dean Wormer is.

16. Default Re: 92,650 square foot mammoth mega-mansion to be built in Edmond.

The drawings are definitely beautiful and would be awesome. Let's get back to reality first...if he pulls this off, I wager most of what we see will be stucco that will go flying in the first hail storm.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    The drawings are definitely beautiful and would be awesome. Let's get back to reality first...if he pulls this off, I wager most of what we see will be stucco that will go flying in the first hail storm.
    One thing we know for sure, they don't even build castles the way they used to.

18. Default Re: 92,650 square foot mammoth mega-mansion to be built in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    One thing we know for sure, they don't even build castles the way they used to.
    Indeed. Of course no one outside Bill Gates and a few others could afford it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    Hopefully not, but I'm beginning to think at least 50 million would be needed to do a decent job on this. I believe this guy is biting off more than he can chew. Hopefully he builds it though and does a good job.

20. Default Re: 92,650 square foot mammoth mega-mansion to be built in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Hopefully not, but I'm beginning to think at least 50 million would be needed to do a decent job on this. I believe this guy is biting off more than he can chew. Hopefully he builds it though and does a good job.
    Yeah it would be cool to see. If he cuts corners though and half of it falls down in the first 30 mph breeze we get, then he'll have a lot of egg on his face and empty pockets.

It will be tornado proof and will be built right. But seriously, do not believe everything you hear on the half researched report from the News. They invaded the Frayer's privacy and started reporting on things that the Frayer's had already changed. This pics you see of the house is not even what it is going to look like.

Sorry you do not like how David makes his money but there are customers who thank him daily for the opportunity to buy such a nice car when everyone else turned them down. Also, they work with customers through hard times down to the point where they have helped find jobs and given out interview clothes to their customers.

Some of you on here need to stick your nose somewhere else because you do not know David's financials and will never know. He WILL be able to afford this and to keep it. He came from nothing and has always taken care of his family. He works his ass off and there is nothing wrong with how he spends it. He is not dumb with his money and is brilliant at business. This is not his only business by the way, he is an investor as well.

This house is not a big deal, just another home with more square footage because they throw lots of parties and half of the house is an entertainment area for parties and kids gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by lynn1124 View Post
    It will be tornado proof and will be built right. But seriously, do not believe everything you hear on the half researched report from the News. They invaded the Frayer's privacy and started reporting on things that the Frayer's had already changed. This pics you see of the house is not even what it is going to look like.

Sorry you do not like how David makes his money but there are customers who thank him daily for the opportunity to buy such a nice car when everyone else turned them down. Also, they work with customers through hard times down to the point where they have helped find jobs and given out interview clothes to their customers.

Some of you on here need to stick your nose somewhere else because you do not know David's financials and will never know. He WILL be able to afford this and to keep it. He came from nothing and has always taken care of his family. He works his ass off and there is nothing wrong with how he spends it. He is not dumb with his money and is brilliant at business. This is not his only business by the way, he is an investor as well.

This house is not a big deal, just another home with more square footage because they throw lots of parties and half of the house is an entertainment area for parties and kids gatherings.
    Hi David's wife and welcome to the forums.

Since this is gonna look like a castle, can I come over and climb on the house and do parkour like on Assassin's Creed? I think this house would be perfect for that. TIA

This is not his only business by the way, he is an investor as well.
    Why does this not come as a surprise?

But... but.. it's not fun to have the facts!!!! It's funner to bash rich people because we weren't successful as they were and dammit, they owe us money!!!!!!!! /sarc

lynn1124, if there is one thing I've learned about the internet, rationality does not exist. You can't rationalize with someone who is upset that this house is being built and blames the guy for making money for himself. I don't know much about The Key, but my father owns a car lot/rental business down the street from it, and from my experiences dealing with them, they seem like great people.

I've also heard from multiple people that David did NOT want this publicized and the City of Edmond got over excited and something was spilled and when the news got wind of it, it was sure to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Why does this not come as a surprise?
    Why wouldn't it? Seriously... So since we can't just use the term "used car guy" to describe David anymore, are we mad the he has made other successful investments?

Thread Information