Widgets Magazine
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Blog Entries

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yes (operative word being "could"). As pointed out above it does't really mean it is more likely that he is staying OR going. He was going to do it either way.
    Sounds more like a formality with player contracts. Still think he's gone; he could be a short term annual rental option.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

^^^^^^^^^
    He just played his way into more money. It was a business decision. Nothing more. Has zero bearing on whether or not he is staying.

Also, I'd say I'd go a little better than 50/50 that he stays right now, especially after hearing similar statements from people like Woj.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    He just played his way into more money. It was a business decision. Nothing more. Has zero bearing on whether or not he is staying.

Also, I'd say I'd go a little better than 50/50 that he stays right now, especially after hearing similar statements from people like Woj.
    A ray of hope. We should have kept the guys we had around Westbrook; especially Oladipo, Lauvergne & Sabonis. To think that 2017-18 roster only won one more game than the 2016-17 group when you consider we added George & Anthony was a gamble gone wrong. Got to admit, it looked like a winner prior to the season.

A healthy Roberson will help the defense, but he so venerable at the charity stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    A ray of hope. We should have kept the guys we had around Westbrook; especially Oladipo, Lauvergne & Sabonis. To think that 2017-18 roster only won one more game than the 2016-17 group when you consider we added George & Anthony was a gamble gone wrong. Got to admit, it looked like a winner prior to the season.

A healthy Roberson will help the defense, but he so venerable at the charity stripe.
    We would’ve had a really great roster if KD had stayed but those peices just didn’t really fit well around Westbrook without another all star. We needed to go after George which I think was a good move. Anthony on the other hand was proabably a mistake though I would’ve liked to have seen more of him playing in the starting line up with Roberson healthy. Statistically our starting line up was one of the best in the league after they got used to playing together and before Roberson went down.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

NBA Free Agency Rumors: Paul George ‘Strongly Considering’ Signing 2-3 Year Contract With Thunder
    By Dan Duangdao - 06/30/2018

It has been hard to ignore the whispers steadily rising in volume for the past month that George, the All-Star forward, is strongly considering signing a two- or three-year deal to stay with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
    Strongly Considering Signing 2-3 Year Contract With Thunder: https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-fre...er/2018/06/30/

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Done deal. He's staying! Just reported.

Plus Nas came in town to party! Win Win

Night couldn't have gone better for the franchise. Wow.

Blog Entries

Paul George free agency rumors: Star free agent, OKC Thunder agree to four-year, $137 million deal https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/p...-million-deal/

This guys says the Lakers dodged a bullet lol.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebigl...er-lakers/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Melo "surprisngly" opted in.
    He knew that after his performance the past few seasons he wasn't going to get a better contract as a free agent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post

As if the Lakers would not have matched that if they could have in a second! LA has to be kicking themselves for not making a push for George from the Pacers. Instead, they were greedy and tried to have him fall in their laps out of free agency. Swing and a miss!

Blog Entries

The original ownership group led by Clay Bennett's plans in the late 90s to bring an NHL franchise to OKC thought that we were capable of averaging 12,500 fans per game, the border line for break-even. They gauged the gravity of our city's potential after the NBA Hornets test run.

Bennett's vision saw a major league franchise as an opportunity for a positive image investment as well as a potential write-off; it has payed off state wide seeing Oklahoma in a positive light. Steinbeck's book the Grapes of Wrath published '39 - Nobel prize '62 left a lasting impression of Oklahoma's suffrage during the double-dip hit of the Dust Bowl ('30-'36) - Depression ('29-'39) eras that saw a 30% exodus of the state's population.

Oklahoma City & Tulsa are moving in the direction of many great cities like Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Kansas City, Houston & Minneapolis-St. Paul. Look for more corporate moves with help from 5 universities (OU, OSU, UCO, TU & OCU) and aggressive cities with initiatives like Tulsa's (Vision 2025) & OKC's (MAPS/Bonds).

The recent passage of SQ 788 shows a diverse Oklahoma ready for challenges of the 21st Century (Just my opinion, y'all). Get ready, OKC-TUL have brighter days ahead.

Californians like Westbrook & George willing to spend time in Oklahoma when their birth state presents comparable opportunity does attest to the sound financial footing of the Thunder's ownership (Kaiser, Bennett, Records, Cameron, Dodson, Howard II, Scaramucci).

Blog Entries

Getty Images/Ringer illustration

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post

Hahahaha

Now that RW, Dre, PG and Adams are all signed to long term contracts, what happens with Melo? Does he get bought out, stretched or traded with the Thunder covering the overage? Also, when does the trade timeline end?

Blog Entries

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY

Does anyone know if there's a place to buy a shirt with the generic "Oklahoma City Basketball" logo we had before we settled on the Thunder name? I've looked online in the past with no success. Probably a long shot, but I figured I'd ask. I kind of liked the design. 😊

Blog Entries

Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
    #3 Center 6' 11", 220 lbs (Age 24)

Report: Thunder sign Nerlens Noel to two-year deal: http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/...0/nerlens-noel

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStrings View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a place to buy a shirt with the generic "Oklahoma City Basketball" logo we had before we settled on the Thunder name? I've looked online in the past with no success. Probably a long shot, but I figured I'd ask. I kind of liked the design. ��
    I've got a used one of those shirt - well worn too.

Blog Entries

Thunder's 2018 NBA Summer League roster beginning to take shape: https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/...l-most-popular

Terrance Ferguson
    Daniel Hamilton
    P.J. Dozier
    Dakari Johnson
    Devon Hall
    Kevin Hervey
    Hamidou Diallo
    Deonte Burton
    Awudu Abass

I really liked the Nerlens Noel signing. He has a lot of potential. It's low risk with him on a minimum deal.

It really sucks that Russ and PGs primes are being wasted by the ridiculousness that is Snake and friends.

With our ownership balling out with luxury tax right now, the thirst to dethrone them is insane. Presti has done fantastic, but it just feels like a waste. I really hope Roberson comes back near 100% - we need everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    It really sucks that Russ and PGs primes are being wasted by the ridiculousness that is Snake and friends.

With our ownership balling out with luxury tax right now, the thirst to dethrone them is insane. Presti has done fantastic, but it just feels like a waste. I really hope Roberson comes back near 100% - we need everyone.
    Yeah DeMarcus Cousins signing with them for $5 million a year has to be a joke...

Blog Entries

An Achilles heel injury on an NBA athlete especially Cousins when you consider his 270 lb., weight; he may never recover from this injury. He could re-injure or favor the injury to the point that his other Achilles' tendon snaps.

He's a risk, they know it. A recurring injury could happen in practice or a game where he gets excited, forgets about his condition and gets caught up in the moment.

Thread Information