Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Quail Springs Mall

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Work starts on two huge tenants at Quail Springs Mall

After demolishing Macy's to make way for the massive Life Time Fitness center, the new owners of Quail Springs Mall continue to revamp the property, and are now moving forward with two large new tenants.

Mall Lower Level

Mall Upper Level

At the west end of the mall, work has started on Round1, a 43,000 square foot entertainment complex that will including bowling, arcade games, ping pong, darts as well as karaoke, a restaurant and large bar.

And near the east end, Blue Zoo has just been issued building permits to start work on a 2-level interactive aquarium to feature a shark exhibit, a stingray touch pool and several other animal and aquatic attractions.

As enclosed malls continue to struggle across the country, the new additions to Quail Springs will significantly raise its occupancy and elevate foot traffic.

Brookfield Partners, which owns over 100 large shopping centers, purchased the mall in 2018 from General Growth Properties. The mall has recently replaced long-term anchor Sears with Oklahoma's only Von Maur department store and a 2-level H&M.

To make way, long-term tenants Gap and El Chico have closed and Shoe Dept. Encore has relocated to the lower level next to Dillards.

Round1 has more than 110 locations in Japan and has access to the newest interactive games, some of which can only be found in Round1 locations.

The company is expanding rapidly, focusing on American malls. Quail Springs will be the first location in Oklahoma.

The first Blue Zoo opened last year in a Spokane, Washington mall and has consistently drawn large crowds.

They describe themselves as a hands-on aquarium with a mission to educate and inspire in a fun environment.

Visitors will be able to feed stingray, birds, lizards, and pacu, touch the stingray and starfish and learn about jellyfish, lionfish, snakes, seahorses, living coral, eel and clownfish, plus more.

Blue Zoo OKC will occupy 22,800 square feet on two levels, connected by a staircase and elevator. A birthday party room will also be included.

Admission is roughly the cost of a movie ticket and discounted season passes will be available.

Round1 and Blue Zoo will each have dedicated outside entrances as well as entrances from the mall itself. Both plan to be open by Fall 2020.

This is the new location of Shoe Dept. Encore.; not quite open but completely out of their old space to make way for Round1.

I do like these changes.

When I have been to some other malls in other states/countries they just seem to have better stores. As in maybe a higher class of store. Granted, most places have higher populations than the Quail Springs/OKC area.

Shows the work on the new mall entrance and Round1 space; that entrance is still open but I bet it won't be for long. They are demoing the old El Chico space.

The Blue Zoo exterior is the old Hu Hot exterior with a paint job and marine themed decorations.

Just came across this project happening in Winnipeg and it would be cool to see something similar on the parking lot of quail springs

This project is being built on an existing parking lot. Something on a smaller could work.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6619357/r...ans-polo-park/

Interesting! Never heard of this place before. Looks like we are only their second location, the other being in Washington.

There is a sign on H&M that says closed till further notice?? Please say it ain’t so. Temporary?

False alarm. They said will reopen after Christmas.

11. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    There is a sign on H&M that says closed till further notice?? Please say it ain’t so. Temporary?
    I would hope not, but I definitely wouldn't mind them opening another store for the other side of the metro. That H&M is so far out from me that I just shop it online.

Yesterday I made a quick trip to Quail Springs Mall. It was before noon, and JC Penney was the only store open. I was shocked and saddened to see how the store looked. It looked like they haven't restocked in months, and had lots of empty space. I get the feeling they will be on the list for the next round of closures. I also get the feeling the Quail Springs Mall will be the new Crossroads Mall. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Yesterday I made a quick trip to Quail Springs Mall. It was before noon, and JC Penney was the only store open. I was shocked and saddened to see how the store looked. It looked like they haven't restocked in months, and had lots of empty space. I get the feeling they will be on the list for the next round of closures. I also get the feeling the Quail Springs Mall will be the new Crossroads Mall. Any thoughts?
    Although there has been some attempts with upgrades at QSM -I'm not sure they'll pay off long term. If the momentum of stores closing begins to increase its very, very difficult to make changes to stop it. You would think with the incredible population within 5 miles of QSM -the mall would be doing very well. I can't imagine how much money stores like Von Mur are losing each month!

Before the pandemic, QS had done a great job of adding new tenants and reconfiguring: Life Time Fitness, H&M, Von Maur, Blue Zoo and soon Round 1.

That AMC theater is very nice and does well.

Like all malls, they'll need to continue to adapt but it seems they are on pretty solid ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    That's a jcpenney problem, not necessarily a QSM problem. Personally I'm encouraged to see them thinking outside of the box by adding new attraction type tenants. I think this definitely bodes well for the chances for the mall to succeed.

I went to Quail Springs tonight, its looking pretty sad especially the food court. Raising Cains has left, and there were 4 or 5 vacant spots in the food court area. They had a coming soon sign for cheese cakes, but it was an empty vending machine sitting where there subway use to be a few years ago. Tilt is of course gone, but I expected them to pack up and leave once Round 1 announced they were coming.

I hope Lifetime, Blue Zoo, and Round 1 isn't going to be too little, too late for Quail Springs Mall. 2020 was a terrible year for Blue Zoo to open, Hope their not hemorrhaging money too bad.

I don't see how Von Maur does well.

Im very sad there isnt an Orange Julius at Quail anymore.

18. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Target is going to put in an Apple Store in the Target near QSM. This is the first phase of a potentially wider rollout.

Orange Julius is still around? I thought they died in the early 2010's? Or am I just associating it with the death of Crossroads Mall?

Dairy Queen serves Orange Julius.

There’s some work going on at the old Sears space next to Quail Springs. It looks like they are cutting out brick for some overhead doors. Any idea what’s going in there?

There’s some work going on at the old Sears space next to Quail Springs. It looks like they are cutting out brick for some overhead doors. Any idea what’s going in there?
    Exactly what space are you referring to?

Same building as High Five Media on the east side of the building where Sears used to be

Same building as High Five Media on the east side of the building where Sears used to be
    It will be Toons Boat Sales.

To the north of quail springs I see they are well into building new apartments but they just started clearing land to the east of those. Even more apartments?

Thread Information