Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 123456752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

1. Default Re: Ford Center renovations. Phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    If you are a fan, great. Like I said, to each their own.
    It's one thing not to like a restaurant. It's another altogether to call the food "horrible" when it isn't.

Default Re: Ford Center renovations. Phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by tulsooner View Post
    I agree the food choices are very lacking. I know that was one of the things they touted when the second round of renovations were completed, I see very little change in choices or quality. The BOK Center in Tulsa offers five different local options, anything from pizza to sushi.
    I am very disappointed in the quality of the concessions at the Okc Arena, and notice very little improvement.

Here is a list of the current concession vendors;
    Angie’s Bakery
    Billy Craig BBQ
    Casa Azul
    Candy Land
    Dog House by Schwab’s
    Fast Break
    ICBY Yogurt
    Loud City Grill
    Pizza Hut
    Red River Bistro
    Steak*eze
    Sunset Strips

I think the Ford Center needs a Chili's.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC
    Seriously. The food was horrible. From the meats to the sides (worst mac & cheese I have ever had) But to each their own.
    Are you drunk? lol! Iron Starr hands down has the best Mac and cheese ever.

Amen to that brother. Best Mac and Cheese ever (except for maybe Red Prime's Green Chile Mac)

CCOKC - Red Prime and Iron Starr are both managed by the same company, Good Egg Dining...Mac & Cheese is yum

Is this the "OKC Arena Renovations" thread or the "Dawg Larry" thread?

I have just learned my lesson to only go to the original at 36th and Shartel and they always have amazing food, great service. I will not go back to the one in Campus Corner, but have had many great experiences at 36th since I decided against the Campus Corner location.

I will say it is difficult for me to go to a restaurant, sit down at a table with a white table cloth and the fake little candle thing, and tell a water I want the mac and cheese. That aside, I've seen people order it and heard good things about it.

9. Default Re: Ford Center renovations. Phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Is this the "OKC Arena Renovations" thread or the "Dawg Larry" thread?
    Anytime someone calls the Iron Starr "horrible"...well, that thread is gonna get jacked.

Ford Center was a great name...particularly given the events of recent times...so much better than a snack food or a great big financial institution...silly to have not worked out an amicable deal...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    Anytime someone calls the Iron Starr "horrible"...well, that thread is gonna get jacked.
    I wouldn't call it horrible. But in my opinion, Iron Starr just tries too hard. I've been a couple of times and love the concept. But each time everything was thickly coated in spices....like the container cap fell off and everything landed on the plate. This was EVERYTHING that my wife and I ate. Also, the meats were very dry.

It's just my opinion but there was no effort at blending or balance...just dump it on. Too much is too much.

I love the concept and love the location but I won't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    How about this, lol... "I've never even eaten Iron Starr--ONCE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Seriously. The food was horrible. From the meats to the sides (worst mac & cheese I have ever had) But to each their own.

I am definitely "old school" when it comes to things like BBQ and ethnic places. If you are going to call yourself a BBQ joint, it needs to be along the traditional lines. If you are Mexican (or TexMex) the food and decor needs to be along those lines. Italian, Indian, German etc etc. Don't make the mistake Taco Bueno did a few years ago (when owned by Carl's Jr) and the decidedly non-mexican building exteriors and generic hospital cafeteria interiors. Doesn't fit.

Not that the new Bueno re-built just north of 63rd & May is much better. They are trying a casual concept with same food but sit down table service. That part is fine but the building is a hodge podge of styles. There are some Mexican/SW elements but part of the building looks like it was a Red Lobster/Long John Silvers and the towers are transplanted ones from IHOP. They don't know what they want to be. Haven't seen the inside yet so can't comment there.

Similar to some of the combo places where Taco Bell/Long Johns/KFC/A&W share space in the same building and they incorporate elements from each chain in the exterior. Its confused.

Somehow Iron Starr (or a concept like it) is what I fear will be put into the "upscale" Myriad Garden place.

There is so much funny in this post, I really don't know where to start. The fact that you consider Taco Bueno anything other than crappy fast food is hilarious.

How about this, lol... "I've never even eaten Iron Starr--ONCE!"
    How about this? Your Loss.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    How about this? Your Loss.
    How about this?? It's not my loss until they go out of business AND since it looks like they're not going out of business any time soon, I have plenty of time to try it. Boy some people just cant handle the sarcasm...

Boy some people just cant handle the sarcasm...
    Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet. I've learned the hard way.

17. Default Re: Ford Center renovations. Phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by okcisok4me View Post
    how about this, lol... "i've never even eaten iron starr--once!"
    gogogo!

Default Re: Arena Renovations

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,7134807.story

OKC Arena enters last stage of renovations
    Jesse Wells Reporting KFOR

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma City Arena is about to get an extreme makeover. Tuesday morning, the city council is set to award more than $36 million in construction contracts.

That will kick off the last major phase of renovation on the building.

From a huge new entrance to new concourses, this is the part of the renovation you won't be able to miss.

On the inside, new flooring, lighting and walls will completely alter the look of the main level concourse.

On the outside, the southwest corner will be transformed into a grand new entrance.

"It'll change our crowd flow and hopefully become more efficient in the way we move around the arena," said the arena general manager Gary Desjardins.

"This is a huge milestone for us," said OKC special projects manager Tom Anderson.

Anderson is thrilled the bids for the final phase of construction came in 10 percent lower than the city predicted.

"Getting this really good bid on the most significant portion of the renovation project is just huge for us," said Anderson.

The savings will mean the city will have an extra $3 or $4 million to add even more amenities to the building before final construction wraps.

"It was a real windfall for us," said Anderson. "It puts us in good financial position and gave us a little flexibility moving forward."

The last phase of construction won't be quick; it will last all year long and continue during the OKC Thunder's next season.

The goal is to finish by May of 2012.

Copyright © 2011, KFOR-TV
    http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,7134807.story

if the modern street car is not stopping in front of here, this will be the least used entrance to the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    if the modern street car is not stopping in front of this entrance, it seems like this will be the least used entrance to the building.
    This side of the building will be along the new boulevard, catty-corner from Central Park, and also facing the Ford dealer site. It will take some time but this will become the new front door to downtown. It will be served by the streetcar at some point.

How about the construction bids coming in "10% lower than the city predicted"? Now having an extra $3 to $4 million dollars to work with and add more amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    This side of the building will be along the new boulevard, catty-corner from Central Park, and also facing the Ford dealer site. It will take some time but this will become the new front door to downtown. It will be served by the streetcar at some point.
    Still most of the parking is on the north side, and season ticket holders parking is in the santa fe parking garage.

We still get the big screen on the outside right? They said they had extra money to do that.... I sure hope so!!

Yes,where's the big screen at? Did they cut that out? I sure hope not as that was part of the cool factor.

They did cut a few things originally because the sales tax came in somewhere around 10 million low, and with the economy the way it is they thought it would be better to scale back the enhancements than ask for more money since they still got like 90% of what they expected.

Thread Information