Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coolgreens

Default Re: Coolgreens to open two more stores

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Something like this would be a good concept for street-level retail. We need hot concepts like this to get on board with street-level retail. Although, it will probably be going in the lobby of Leadership Square and only be open from 11-5...

And we wonder why the streets of OKC are so dead.
    Spartan, you're speculating on where this might go and what hours it might be open and then using your speculation to downgrade OKC. At least wait until something has been decided first to start the bashing.

I am the last person one would call a vegetarian but, I think that is good these concepts are taking off. I think could lead to more mainstream eating of veggies and salads.

I know if I could get a good salad or a veggie plate at vegetarian eatery I would frequent the place as much as any other place.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Spartan, you're speculating on where this might go and what hours it might be open and then using your speculation to downgrade OKC. At least wait until something has been decided first to start the bashing.
    It's called jadedness. We can all accept the fact that downtown retail is kinda nonexistent.

I already said where I hope it'll go, I'm just not about to get my hopes up.

I have driven by the location in Nichols Hills a few times and never knew what it was until reading the above posts. After checking out their website, it looks delish and I find they are building one just down from me. woohoo

Has anyone heard anything about the downtown location? I would think, if they're planning to open in the fall, that they've got a location selected.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    How about near Coffee Slingers?
    I like this idea! Not sure if Mason still has space on the ground next to Coffee Slingers with Rawhide coming in, but Mickey Clagg sure does on two corners on tenth across the street.

I'd rather it be in Midtown

I'd be fine with either place. Actually, sometimes I'm surprised at how close Midtown is to Automobile Alley. I wouldn't mind it in the Maywood Lofts first floor either or Deep Deuce. Lost of options. Downtown would be fine too, as long as they'll stay open at night.

10. Default Re: Coolgreens to open two more stores

North end of A-Alley is often considered Midtown, including 9th St.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Automobile Alley is a Midtown sub-district and no one will make me change my mind!

I consider Auto Alley(AA) part of Downtown. It is part of the Downtown BID. I have never considered AA part of MidTown .

I agree, I consider Mid-Town further west.

Default Coolgreens

Didn't see a coolgreens thread in the food court, only in the metro area talk, so thought I'd start one.

Ate their yesterday for lunch. Selection and quality was pretty impressive, we could definitely use more restaurants in OKC like this. Had lunch with someone from the Thunder who moved here from Seattle and were pleased with it and definitely appreciated the quality and didn't know that OKC had places like this. Gave a few other suggestions. I made my own wrap, kind of a Southwestern style wrap, they are served with cous cous, which was an unfamililar taste to me but good. Will definitely be back soon and highly recommend.

15. Default Re: Coolgreens

where is this at?

Default Re: Coolgreens

There's a new one in Edmond on May St, and I can't wait to try it out.

Any idea where the new downtown Okc location will be? Bricktown, CBD, Midtown??

No idea, but here's a link to their website so you can go oogle some of the pictures of the awesome salad toppings.

CoolGreens

19. Default Re: Coolgreens

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    where is this at?
    The original one is in Nichols Hills Plaza (NHP). Very nice and has great outdoor seating with mature trees.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Any idea where the new downtown Okc location will be? Bricktown, CBD, Midtown??
    Rumor has it it will be replacing the InterUrban spot on Robinson. I was told this by the manager on duty yesterday.

I hate websites with music.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I hate websites with music.
    Ditto. Would be better in my opinion if site folk simply set the sound default to OFF. It should also be left to the visitor to add that element, or not. Even if it is a great band or musician site, the default should be OFF.

I don't understand why business don't understand that websites with music piss people off.

music or no music, the food here is really, really good. very different from anything we have here, and that makes me very happy in and of itself. the yogurt is also very different from the current fad of yogurt places, not sure it is better, but it is very different in texture and flavoring. the pizza crust is a strange concoction that just makes you feel healthy eating it.

Four-year bump! Whoop!

I've got a lunch appointment at a Coolgreens location later this week. What's good at Coolgreens? From their menu, I've got my eye on the Sriracha Chicken "Coolwich" but am open to other suggestions.

EDIT: Apologies, everyone, I did a search but did not realize there was already an existing Wiki thread for Coolgreens in the Restaruants & Bars section.

Thread Information