Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia Cookies

Blog Entries

Default Re: Insomnia Cookies

They have to draw the line somewhere. My office is 2.1 miles from the nearest Jimmy Johns and they won't deliver to me because of that .1. And I'm within 3 miles from 2 other Jimmy's (basically in the dead spot between the three locations). I hate it, but 2 miles is their thing so I have to deal.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    WTH??? My office is right around the corner from you guys and we didn't get any cookies.... Must be because your building is purtier than ours.
    I miss the like button

3. Default Re: Insomnia Cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I miss the like button
    HAHA... Yeah... And then to add insult to injury I got invited to go to the Thunder game Wednesday but couldn't go due to other obligations and the next morning my wife tells me "I got to try some Insomnia Cookies at the Thunder game last night..... Doh!

Guess I'm going to have to give up on getting free cookies and pay to have some delivered to the office... lol

We went last night (not in the delivery zone, unfortunately)

They were definitely good cookies, and to have a warm option that you don't have to cook yourself etc. is nice. They seem a bit expensive, but not exorbitant by any means.

I will say, that the bathrooms (which are part of the whole building) are not open to the public. I'm not even sure that's legal, but just in case you all are leaving a restaurant and planning on passing by Insomnia first, but you need to use the restroom, make sure to go before leaving the bar/restaurant.

This place is dangerous - we got cookies and ice cream delivered a few nights ago ... yikes! The cookie was hot and the ice cream was cold - perfect! Both were delicious and the portion size wasn't too huge. This place should do great. My waistline ... not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post

They were definitely good cookies, and to have a warm option that you don't have to cook yourself etc. is nice. They seem a bit expensive, but not exorbitant by any means.

I will say, that the bathrooms (which are part of the whole building) are not open to the public. I'm not even sure that's legal, but just in case you all are leaving a restaurant and planning on passing by Insomnia first, but you need to use the restroom, make sure to go before leaving the bar/restaurant.
    As in paying customers only or not even that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    As in paying customers only or not even that?
    As in not even paying customers.

That's very common here LA for businesses not to have public restrooms. I'd expect to see that more and more in OKC.

9. Default Re: Insomnia Cookies

As in not even paying customers.
    That's a customer service (consideration) that's a deal breaker for me. Stopped patronizing Baskin Robbins after they refused to let my young son use their restroom (which was clearly visible from the counter). Told them they could keep their ice cream and we left and never went back.

It's in the common area in the center of the building. They'll give you the combo to the door if you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    It's in the common area in the center of the building. They'll give you the combo to the door if you ask.
    That may be their policy. That was not the reality.

12. Default Re: Insomnia Cookies

One of these in Norman by Campus would most likely be a gold mine.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    There is one in Stillwater now.

I bet they will be coming to Norman soon.

Hurts Donuts already has that niche.

Yeah, I'm sure that's part of their planning. There's one on Fry Street right off the University of North Texas' campus in Denton.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

There is one rumored for half the space that Pita Pit occupied on Boyd.

I love their cookies, and have placed four orders in the past couple weeks. Just be sure to actually count what they deliver to you. Twice, they've left out cookies. There's no local number listed to call, so you wind up having to either email or call corporate customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by MartzMimic View Post
    I love their cookies, and have placed four orders in the past couple weeks. Just be sure to actually count what they deliver to you. Twice, they've left out cookies. There's no local number listed to call, so you wind up having to either email or call corporate customer service.
    Wow, they're less accurate than the drive-through workers we've had at Wendy's and McD's (who have consistently gotten our orders right the past few times (surprisingly))... And that's kind of ridiculous about no local number (or bathroom).

This was form a 2015 Journal Record article.

Wonder if this completely fell through?

Equity Realty Broker Rainey Powell said the company has signed a letter of intent regarding its plans in Norman, at 311 W. Boyd St. on Campus Corner. The 2,000-square-foot Pita Pit will be remodeled into two separate spaces, one for the restaurant and another for Insomnia Cookies.

This was form a 2015 Journal Record article.

Wonder if this completely fell through?
    The Pita Pit site is under construction and the sign outside just says something about how we'll all be excited for what's coming next. Not a quote, since I can't remember exactly what it said and it's been a week or so since I last walked by.

Quote Originally Posted by riflesforwatie View Post
    The Pita Pit site is under construction and the sign outside just says something about how we'll all be excited for what's coming next. Not a quote, since I can't remember exactly what it said and it's been a week or so since I last walked by.
    In the Oklahoman's Norman Chat today they said some of that space will be for a new bar called The Porch.

In the Oklahoman's Norman Chat today they said some of that space will be for a new bar called The Porch.
    A friend of mine that owned that pita pit franchise is behind The Porch. It's going to have a huge rooftop patio overlooking Boyd St and the area near the North Oval. It should be a great new spot for campus corner.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    A friend of mine that owned that pita pit franchise is behind The Porch. It's going to have a huge rooftop patio overlooking Boyd St and the area near the North Oval. It should be a great new spot for campus corner.
    That's great. So Campus Corner will be adding The Porch and a Skinny Slim's. Those offer some nice options for gamedays.

I think the best thing about these cookies is that they're warm. Once cold, they're not much different than most bakery cookies. My nephew has a cookie store in Manhattan (Schmackary's) that makes amazing cookies - lots of unique flavors that taste great for days, weeks even. But this is a nice addition to the area and the cookies taste great warm.

I enjoyed their cookies there before. I bet business will improve when another new 5 story apartment complex just several blocks away on 4th Ave. is ready to start accepting residents.

Thread Information