Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayo OKC

Default Re: Rayo OKC

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    unless this is a brand new law/rule in the last few weeks...
    I bought several beers in the club level during the Iowa state game last year.

Saw several pictures on instagram at the OU spring game of people in the club level drinking bought beer as well
    Yes, I was wrong.

They initially tried to sell beer at the club level, then the Borens had it removed, and just learned it was brought back 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    yes i wonder if they will release the names of the people 103 people who were protesting. Were they actual residents of Canadian Co.?
    Of course not. I'm sure all 103 complaints were sent in personally by Bob Funk, Jr., accompanied with a $100 bill and sealed with a wax seal with the secret sports illuminati logo. The also contained instructions for the special incantations to cast a curse on any judges who don't go along with the orders... so this judge today better be careful.

I mean, I'm not making accusations, but the rumors are out there. There's going to be an explosive article any time. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, I was wrong.

They initially tried to sell beer at the club level, then the Borens had it removed, and just learned it was brought back 3 years ago.
    Yea they only sell it in the club level on the east side. I believe in the new south end zone they will as well.

About 7 or 8 years ago they sold it on the west side in the Santee lounge. After 1 game it was removed. i think the issue with selling in the santee lounge is that their is access for people who don't sit up there. where on the east side its completed cut off from all other parts of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Of course not. I'm sure all 103 complaints were sent in personally by Bob Funk, Jr., accompanied with a $100 bill and sealed with a wax seal with the secret sports illuminati logo. The also contained instructions for the special incantations to cast a curse on any judges who don't go along with the orders... so this judge today better be careful.

I mean, I'm not making accusations, but the rumors are out there. There's going to be an explosive article any time. :P
    glad you saw where I was going with it.....

In honor of Sheriff Edwards, my friends at Scissortail Tees have designed a commemorative shirt :-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proxy.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	12520

You an purchase it at
    https://teespring.com/speakeasy-fc

They need to play "Footloose" at the next game..

Name:	cartoon.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	12522
    Glad to see he made us a NATIONAL joke, instead of just a local one. Hey, anything worth doing, right?

Oof. Holy IP batman! Sending that link to Jeff Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    Miller Stadium "would become just another Speakeasy"....
    "Pssst, Pele' sent me"

It will be very interesting to see if this is a deal where Rayo won the battle but not the war. Regardless, I suspect there will be a lot of post-game check points near the stadium in the days ahead as well as some underage patrons trying to purchase beer on behalf of the CCSO.

That's pretty bush league if true. I am glad as an Energy fan that Oklahoma County has other things to worry about

Blog Entries

Rayo OKC may want to look at temporary use of the Bricktown Ballpark for 2017 (similar to the USL Roughnecks at ONEOK Park in Tulsa) until our city can build some kind of city owned & operated soccer/American football (multipurpose) stadium. The Dodgers have exclusive rights for scheduling at The Brick.

The Tulsa 'AA' Texas League Drillers share ONEOK Park (baseball specific) stadium in T-town with the USL Roughnecks--their teams co-exist. Don't know if some kind of agreement could be reached; however it can't hurt to inquire. This could be a temporary home.

Bricktown IMO provides a better environment for spectator sports with its restaurants, shops and canal front.

There's land on the riverfront where a venue could be built. Our city needs a stadium with a 10,000 minimum seating capacity with room for future expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Rayo OKC may want to look at temporary use of the Bricktown Ballpark for 2017 (similar to the USL Roughnecks at ONEOK Park in Tulsa) until our city can build some kind of city owned & operated soccer/American football (multipurpose) stadium. The Dodgers have exclusive rights for scheduling at The Brick.

The Tulsa 'AA' Texas League Drillers share ONEOK Park (baseball specific) stadium in T-town with the USL Roughnecks--their teams co-exist. Don't know if some kind of agreement could be reached; however it can't hurt to inquire. This could be a temporary home.

Bricktown IMO provides a better environment for spectator sports with its restaurants, shops and canal front.

There's land on the riverfront where a venue could be built. Our city needs a stadium with a 10,000 minimum seating capacity with room for future expansion.
    I've said many times that I would love it if they could play there. From what I've heard from the owners that might not be possible?
    IF it WAS possible, I think it would only work if they could place the field down the left field line, close to the grandstand. Ive heard that in Tulsa the field starts on the OTHER side of the Pitcher's mound? The baseball team did not want the mound to have to be taken out, put back (repeat) all season long. But that puts the field a long way away from the stands and doesnt really create good sight lines.

Just saw this on Dredd77.com. Apparently Louisville City was SO successful at the gate in USL last year that their front office has decided to clamp down on the Supporter's Group

Name:	toon.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	12523
    But it's not just them. Louisville SG traveled to Cincinnati for one of their last games, but were told by Cincy's FO that they couldn't bring drums, or bullhorns, or BANNERS?!
    The Rayo OKC FO has been outstanding to work with. The SG for Indy Eleven is coming to the game here on April 30 and they were told that they are more than welcome to bring their drums and banners and bullhorns.

St. Louis supporters were strong with drums at the Energy game two weeks ago (and certainly did NOT drown out the Grid as you tried to imply). Looks like YMMV depending on USL stadium. Doesn't appear to be an issue in OKC though.

Maybe The El Reno newspaper will do a cover story on the sorry state of affairs for USL supporters after they finally publish the big story on minor league soccer team owners and their corruption of local elected county officials?

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Maybe The El Reno newspaper will do a cover story on the sorry state of affairs for USL supporters after they finally publish the big story on minor league soccer team owners and their corruption of local elected county officials?
    You know, I just told you what I had heard. That's one of the purposes for a forum, right? To share information. Why they haven't published the story that I HEARD they were going to, I don't know. I don't work for the paper. I don't work for the team. I guess I was wrong. There, Are you happy now?
    I'm just happy they can sell beer at the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

This idea has been floated in the past, and poo-pooed here... but I believe the ballpark would be a fine venue for a soccer team (at least on a temporary basis). But it would definitely increase visibility, and attendance, for either of our soccer teams.

19. Default Re: Rayo OKC

In my mind it would decrease attendance... I would stop going to games if the Energy moved there. A baseball stadium is a horrible venue for soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    St. Louis supporters were strong with drums at the Energy game two weeks ago (and certainly did NOT drown out the Grid as you tried to imply). Looks like YMMV depending on USL stadium. Doesn't appear to be an issue in OKC though.
    Are you referring to this quote from @RetroOKC on the Energy2016 Thread?
    From the pictures I have seen actual attendance looked about half of that.
    Also have seen tweets that the 50 from St. Louis were louder than the Grid.
    First all, I'm not RetroOKC. Second of all, I will NOT troll on their forum, as you seem to want to do on this one.

Soccer in a baseball stadium sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    You know, I just told you what I had heard. That's one of the purposes for a forum, right? To share information. Why they haven't published the story that I HEARD they were going to, I don't know. I don't work for the paper. I don't work for the team. I guess I was wrong. There, Are you happy now?
    I'm just happy they can sell beer at the next game.
    If you are going to these claims and suggestions, even before the first mention of newspaper articles one might add:

"That begs the question then, WHOSE opinion was behind this?"
    "Funny how they arent letting them until AFTER both teams play on the same night."
    "One of my sources has told me that the El Reno Tribune will do a front-page piece on this in the next week. "
    "I have no idea if they are soccer fans, but I DO think they are fans of money, coming from the person(s) who first put the bug in their ear. I want to see this El Reno paper article."
    "I wouldn't even posit this as a possibility if there wasn't a history/pattern of under-handed, smarmy behavior by the ownership group in the past."
    "So even if it WAS under-handed, it had no effect. "
    "He can't allow that, can he? I mean...It would seem hypocritical to allow that, but not allow it at Rayo game.
    I guess he will need to ask Bob Funk what HE thinks about it first."
    "And what if/when someone DOES produce some kind of evidence that this was something more than just a coincidence"
    "Look...there is no evidence yet that this is being orchestrated by someone behind the scenes. But it IS an opinion that is shared by more than just me."

Then maybe you should be willing to get put in the spotlight for these claims. You continuously post that this whole beer affair was an underhanded tactic by the Energy, sometimes because a source said so and sometimes because it's just your opinion, so maybe you shouldn't post slander unless you want to be the person who has to back these accusations up.

There are a lot of rumors being posted by a lot of people about a lot of things on this website. The vast majority of them are very responsible with the kind of rumors they share, and the vast majority of them are willing to stand behind the stuff they share. There usually aren't a whole lot of "I'm not saying it's true, but here is what I heard, all just total rumor's though, not saying it's true, but I'm just sharing what I heard, but who really knows, I guess we will have to wait, but here it is again anyway, just in case it's true, which I'm not saying it is" type of posts around here.

That's all.

You also said you would take it all back when it doesn't happen. Will that be by Sunday, or will we have to wait on an article by the El Reno paper saying "the rumor someone heard about our article wasn't true"?

Quote Originally Posted by kwhey View Post
    Soccer in a baseball stadium sucks.
    It can be pulled off (I think the Portland Timbers do well in theirs), but I think it has to either be a full conversion to be done well, or at least be a part of the plan when building from the ground up. Sharing a baseball field that was never intended to be a soccer field doesn't do that well IMO.

Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Yankee Stadium, Rogers Centre, Dell Diamond, Whataburger Field, and more have hosted soccer matches just fine.

Sure, a custom built dedicated stadium is better, but it's not like using a baseball stadium would be completely unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    "That begs the question then, WHOSE opinion was behind this?"
    STILL want to know. Don't want to offend your sensitive spirit, but it all still seems suspicious.

"Funny how they arent letting them until AFTER both teams play on the same night."
    Yep, still find that interesting.

"One of my sources has told me that the El Reno Tribune will do a front-page piece on this in the next week. "
    Still true that I was told this. Hasn't happened yet. Look at what you quoted me saying. OMG! They didnt print a story that someone told someone that told they were going to.! IM' SO SORRY!!! Geez...
    "I have no idea if they are soccer fans, but I DO think they are fans of money, coming from the person(s) who first put the bug in their ear. I want to see this El Reno paper article."
    This is the FIRST thing you quote me on that I would take back. I have no idea about what motivated this. THAT was said in a moment of pique.
    "I wouldn't even posit this as a possibility if there wasn't a history/pattern of under-handed, smarmy behavior by the ownership group in the past."
    Nope. Still stand by this one. The Energy FO and ownership have a history of behavior that helps me think that they could be behind ANYTHING. Sometimes, past performance DOES predict future results. I could give you actual examples of this, but I don't think you really care. And that's OK. You're bought and sold for your team. At least admit, and stop hiding behind this "I just want soccer to grow" meme. Seriously.
    "So even if it WAS under-handed, it had no effect. "
    ABSOLUTELY true. It has had zero effect on the gate. Why would you even bring this one up?
    "He can't allow that, can he? I mean...It would seem hypocritical to allow that, but not allow it at Rayo game.
    I guess he will need to ask Bob Funk what HE thinks about it first."
    Maybe a little hyperbolic, but I still agree with the sentiment. If I had it to write all over again, I would simply point out the hypocrisy, and leave out the BF reference.

"And what if/when someone DOES produce some kind of evidence that this was something more than just a coincidence"
    STILL waiting for you and other Energy supporters to answer this one. It's a simple question. What WOULD it take for you to admit that it WASN'T just a coincidence? I find it interesting that you haven't answered, but just throw my question back at me as if I don't have a right to ask it?

"Look...there is no evidence yet that this is being orchestrated by someone behind the scenes. But it IS an opinion that is shared by more than just me."
    Once again, absolutely true statement. Read it again. Not taking it back.

Wow! This was fun! :-)

Then maybe you should be willing to get put in the spotlight for these claims.
    You just did.
    You continuously post that this whole beer affair was an underhanded tactic by the Energy,
    Yep
    sometimes because a source said so and sometimes because it's just your opinion, so maybe you shouldn't post slander unless you want to be the person who has to back these accusations up.
    Maybe you're right. Or maybe you should stop trolling in a thread that you don't like if it bothers you so much.

That's all.
    I doubt that

You also said you would take it all back when it doesn't happen. Will that be by Sunday, or will we have to wait on an article by the El Reno paper saying "the rumor someone heard about our article wasn't true"?
    Since you've mentioned this TWICE now, and it appears to be THE most important thing to. Here it is. Ready? I'm sorry that I wrongly reported that someone told me that the El Reno paper would print a story about this whole affair, and then they didn't. God! I feel so much better now.

Thread Information