Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 192021222324

Thread: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

Default Re: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I guess they are closing and...a dog park is taking their place. There are times when I really hate some of the stuff allowed in this city. A dog park on a busy intersection, where they can easily get out and get hit.

Highest use, OKC. Come on.
    It's because Midtown Mutts is giving way to the big new Palomar building, plus a parking garage and more housing.

With the Collective right across the street which is better in every way, there really isn't much demand for City Garden and I'm sure they've found it almost impossible to get staff given their erratic, weather-driven hours.

https://citygardenokc.com/

City Garden Customers,

City Garden has permanently closed in order to make way for the impending relocation of Midtown Mutts dog park, which will soon move from its long-time home north of Fassler Hall due to the construction of the MAPS4 Palomar building.

Change can be bittersweet, but we want to assure you that this decision was made with careful consideration for the future of our beloved neighborhood. The Midtown Mutts dog park has become a cherished part of this area, so we were happy to make sure it will continue to have a home in our community.

This transformation is a testament to the continued evolution of Midtown OKC, and we are grateful to be a part of this journey. As we bid farewell to City Garden, we want to express gratitude for your support over the last 2+ years.

We are actively exploring new opportunities within the community and look forward to keeping you updated on our next chapter. In the meantime, we invite you to celebrate the growth and positive changes happening around us. Midtown OKC is thriving, and we are excited to witness its continued success.

We look forward to seeing you at the new Midtown Mutts dog park when it opens in the spring of 2024.

Warm regards,
    Your Friends At City Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's because Midtown Mutts is giving way to the big new Palomar building, plus a parking garage and more housing.

With the Collective right across the street which is better in every way, there really isn't much demand for City Garden and I'm sure they've found it almost impossible to get staff given their erratic, weather-driven hours.
    I didn't realize the new Palomar building was going there. Nice!

Just wish a dog park wasn't going into a prime corner. Plus, I lean towards caution, and I know dogs will get out and run into traffic. I know my dog got out and ran to Fassler from their current location.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I didn't realize the new Palomar building was going there. Nice!

Just wish a dog park wasn't going into a prime corner. Plus, I lean towards caution, and I know dogs will get out and run into traffic. I know my dog got out and ran to Fassler from their current location.
    Fences, 6 ft high, limited gates and doubled, not hard, been done thousands of times.

Both Midtown Mutts and Bleu Garten/City Garden were always intended to be temporary uses of their respective lots. Once Midtown R is ready to develop that entire lot, Midtown Mutts will once again move or be removed altogether.

I wouldn't be surprised if Midtown R offered to release City Garden from their lease and the offer was taken due to lackluster performance this past summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Mike View Post
    Both Midtown Mutts and Bleu Garten/City Garden were always intended to be temporary uses of their respective lots. Once Midtown R is ready to develop that entire lot, Midtown Mutts will once again move or be removed altogether.

I wouldn't be surprised if Midtown R offered to release City Garden from their lease and the offer was taken due to lackluster performance this past summer.
    and the last thing standing in the way of that entire block is the new Palomar being built and the old one being closed

They were tearing down the fences completely today, will post a picture tomorrow of the progress

Yeah, it looks like this place is being completely dismantled and by tomorrow no sign of its existence will remain.

9. Default Re: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

Front and center in CVB and Downtown OKC marketing efforts only a few years ago. End of an era.

Thread Information