Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Life Time Fitness

Default Re: Life Time Fitness

It's hard to understand how enormous this place is without seeing it in person.

How big is this compared to other Life Time centers?

3. Default Re: Life Time Fitness

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's hard to understand how enormous this place is without seeing it in person.
    I’ll bet you’re right, but even in your pics it is shocking how close it comes to rivaling the entire remaining mall in size.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    How big is this compared to other Life Time centers?
    If you took off the tennis, it is about the same size as Tulsa. A little less fitness area actually since this one houses a medical area and larger children's area. It is basically identical in size to most of the ones with Tennis.

It looks bigger than the one that I go to in Parker but that one does not have tennis. The Highlands Ranch location has tennis.

Blog Entries

Open house (or whatever they call it) is this Thursday night and full opening is Monday at 4 AM.

It would be very wise to connect with the development straight to the north as to have access to Quail Springs and Lifetime from NW 150th.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It would be very wise to connect with the development straight to the north as to have access to Quail Springs and Lifetime from NW 150th.
    YES! YES! YES! Anything to alleviate traffic flow at Penn and May on the QSM exits.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    YES! YES! YES! Anything to alleviate traffic flow at Penn and May on the QSM exits.
    I’m just surprised they haven’t done this yet. It would also seem advantageous to the developers of the apartments to the north to have this connection as well.

Is all of the open land just north of QSM planned for apartment developments?

They had their grand opening last night.

Tons of photos here:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LifeTime...G&__tn__=-UC-R

13. Default Re: Life Time Fitness

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They had their grand opening last night.

Tons of photos here:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LifeTime...G&__tn__=-UC-R
    It looks like a country club, that is super nice.

14. Default Re: Life Time Fitness

Went last night. It’s awesome. Far nicer than the older model I’ve visited a few times in DFW. It was packed! Shoulder to shoulder.

Blog Entries

My wife is hitting the tennis courts there today. Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    My wife is hitting the tennis courts there today. Looks great!
    No need to get googly-eyed over your wife on OKC Talk!!!!

Blog Entries

^Got me on that one! courts were not bad either.

Blog Entries

Reactions so far to LT by those who have been?

I have been twice - Saturday early afternoon and this morning about 730. Saturday was busy but still easy to get on machines or use about whatever area you wanted. This morning wasn't busy at all as compared to Saturday. Parking was easy both times. We'll see how that goes during the holidays.

Locker rooms and amenities are really nice. Cafe has nice selection - I didn't have anything yet but my wife had some sort of salad/bowl at lunch and liked it - about $10.

They are spending some serious $$$$ on their marketing materials. I got a 20 page marketing book for membership the other day.

This place is insane, I used a friend's guest pass because I had to see why anyone would pay +$100/mo for a gym and tried to see as much of the place as I could. They have really nice squat racks w/ dead lifting pads (either 8 or 10 I can't remember), had someone show me "the zone" which has a bunch of $1/minute recovery items like hydro-massage chairs, compression sleeves, and a 0 gravity treadmill, sat in the dry sauna, and jumped in one of the indoor pools. The gym has two bars, one by the outdoor pools (closed) and another by the indoor tennis courts- basically, its a country club with a ridiculous gym instead of a golf course. Personally, I can't really justify spending almost x4 what I pay now and driving 15 mins farther but I can definitely see how it is worth the money. If I lived near Chisholm Creek I would sign up in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    basically, its a country club with a ridiculous gym instead of a golf course. .
    I live way to far away to consider membership but this is the best explanation/description I have seen.

I go to Lifetime here in San Antonio. I took these panos today of the west and east views from my gym. It’s an awesome gym. I highly recommend it!

LOOKING WEST

LOOKING EAST

I used a free pass the other day and saw a lot of utility from it. Could be an ultimate one stop shop for a lot of things. Gym with basketball court, yoga, cycling, tennis, and swimming. Also has a spa and a salon. Not to mention daycare.

With rock climbing and yoga I spend ~100 as is, and there is arguably $20 in convenience. I opted to keep up with what I'm doing though cause I enjoy climbing more than weight lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I used a free pass the other day and saw a lot of utility from it. Could be an ultimate one stop shop for a lot of things. Gym with basketball court, yoga, cycling, tennis, and swimming. Also has a spa and a salon. Not to mention daycare.

With rock climbing and yoga I spend ~100 as is, and there is arguably $20 in convenience. I opted to keep up with what I'm doing though cause I enjoy climbing more than weight lifting.
    Yeah, I was really disappointed when they didn't put in a rock wall. I talked to the GM about it and he basically said the clinic makes more per square foot. It is also a big reason I haven't pulled the trigger. They also never have indoor tracks, but I really think they should've put one in over the tennis courts.

Blog Entries

Lifetime is developing apartment projects in some markets - Dallas and Las Vegas to name two. Dubbed Life Time Living. The Dallas project is North of LBJ on part of the old Valley View Mall site.

Thread Information