Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
Good point. Although we can capture the beginnings of the construction and can elevate the camera as needed (within certain limits), eventually, even the tallest of our current buildings will be inadequate. Even from Stage Center, there will come a time when a camera will be no better than standing at street level and looking up. It will simply be impossible to capture it all from a single vantage point. Perhaps in later stages we can obtain a location with a little more distance from the site that can focus on the upper-level construction activities. Perhaps someone in the Chase building would be able to assist at that point?
Actually, the I'm pretty sure the view from Stage Center would allow you to get the entire building from base to top floor in one frame without moving the camera at all during construction. It DEFINITELY would with a wide-angle lens. Get it pointed, and leave it in the same orientation for the entire construction. During the early discussion here regarding the location of the camera, I rode all over downtown trying to find the best vantage point, factoring the height of the building the best I could judge. I even took another well-respected poster from here over there, who agreed with me that it was the best location, but suspected it would be politically difficult to pull off.
Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
I'm sure we'll move the camera around and/or have more than one at some point.
Moving the camera around or adding one doesn't address my point regarding getting one shot that shows the entire construction from coming out of the ground all of the way to completion. That doesn't even NECESSARILY have to be a webcam.

I think there are two needs here, one of which is already adequately being addressed; satisfying our own curiosity and viewing pleasure. The other need, however, is not. That is, a complete, unitnerrupted time-lapse documentation of perhaps the most important construction project in Oklahoma's history, for the benefit of future generations.