Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Liberal Logic

  1. #1
    FRISKY's Avatar
    FRISKY is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Total Posts
    2,402

    Default Liberal Logic


  2. #2
    ou48A is online now Participating Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Total Posts
    5,604

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    A Liberal and Logic...... LOL

  3. #3
    HewenttoJared is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Total Posts
    11,113

  4. #4
    kevinpate's Avatar
    kevinpate is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Total Posts
    11,253

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    A Liberal and Logic...... LOL
    Anti-Libs and their reliance on skin tone to decide/define things. LOL[

  5. #5
    Edmond_Outsider is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Total Posts
    2,889

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Whose logic? This was an ultra-right publication's projection of what "liberals" think/believe. That would seem more a reflection of conservative "logic."

    Conservative logic is inventing the most outrageous things about what other's think and defining that as "truth?"

    Given this rationale, this is a conservative's answer to energy policy:

  6. #6
    HewenttoJared is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Total Posts
    11,113

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Is that what abiotic oil looks like? So it's unicorn blood!

  7. #7
    bretthexum is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Total Posts
    2,103

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    The best way to debate is to ridicule. Typical right wing garbage.

  8. #8
    BlackmoreRulz is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Total Posts
    910

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by bretthexum View Post
    The best way to debate is to ridicule. Typical right wing garbage.
    That's hilarious

  9. #9
    kevinpate's Avatar
    kevinpate is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Total Posts
    11,253

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    somehow, it just seems appropriate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umrp1tIBY8Q

  10. #10
    ou48A is online now Participating Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Total Posts
    5,604

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond_Outsider View Post
    Whose logic? This was an ultra-right publication's projection of what "liberals" think/believe. That would seem more a reflection of conservative "logic."

    Conservative logic is inventing the most outrageous things about what other's think and defining that as "truth?"

    Given this rationale, this is a conservative's answer to energy policy:
    Anyone on a unicorn dressed in orange flashing the Longhorn hand sign has got to be a liberal.
    In fact whoever came up with the image of what a liberal looks like did very well.

  11. #11
    Edmond_Outsider is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Total Posts
    2,889

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Unicorn? Please....

  12. #12
    Midtowner's Avatar
    Midtowner is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Total Posts
    14,402

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    Anyone on a unicorn dressed in orange flashing the Longhorn hand sign has got to be a liberal.
    In fact whoever came up with the image of what a liberal looks like did very well.
    Can't you see the picture? That's a quadricorn.

    Neocons can't even count to 4.

  13. #13
    White Peacock's Avatar
    White Peacock is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Total Posts
    767

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Insults - an excellent way to gain the upper hand without actually providing any meaningful insight. I propose a K-12 subforum for the Politics section.

  14. #14
    Midtowner's Avatar
    Midtowner is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Total Posts
    14,402

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by White Peacock View Post
    Insults - an excellent way to gain the upper hand without actually providing any meaningful insight. I propose a K-12 subforum for the Politics section.
    Sanctimonious BS] - an excellent way to gain the upper hand without actually providing any meaningful insight. I propose a K-12 subforum for the Politics section.

  15. #15
    White Peacock's Avatar
    White Peacock is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Total Posts
    767

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    I was referring to the OP, whose greatest contribution to the political dialogue is copying/pasting arm-length articles and creating threads for no better reason than to insult his ideological opponents, then subsequently adds these opponents to what he refers to as his liberal ignore list (I supposedly have the honor of being amongst these ranks). This contributes absolute jack **** to the greater conversation and sets up a meaningless circle jerk; ya dig?

  16. #16
    MadMonk Guest

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by White Peacock View Post
    Insults - an excellent way to gain the upper hand without actually providing any meaningful insight. I propose a K-12 subforum for the Politics section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Sanctimonious BS] - an excellent way to gain the upper hand without actually providing any meaningful insight. I propose a K-12 subforum for the Politics section.
    Quote Originally Posted by White Peacock View Post
    I was referring to the OP, whose greatest contribution to the political dialogue is copying/pasting arm-length articles and creating threads for no better reason than to insult his ideological opponents, then subsequently adds these opponents to what he refers to as his liberal ignore list (I supposedly have the honor of being amongst these ranks). This contributes absolute jack **** to the greater conversation and sets up a meaningless circle jerk; ya dig?
    LOL, funny how that can be taken both ways, huh? Wouldn't it be better to let these sorts of threads die on the vine instead of feeding it with similar responses? Or is it a case where if you don't complain about the complainer, you imply agreement?

  17. #17
    FRISKY's Avatar
    FRISKY is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Total Posts
    2,402

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    LOL, funny how that can be taken both ways, huh? Wouldn't it be better to let these sorts of threads die on the vine instead of feeding it with similar responses? Or is it a case where if you don't complain about the complainer, you imply agreement?
    You should know by now that Liberals will never understand what you are saying, but I will join you in LOL at them.

  18. #18
    Double Edge is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Total Posts
    5,583

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    LOL, funny how that can be taken both ways, huh? Wouldn't it be better to let these sorts of threads die on the vine instead of feeding it with similar responses? Or is it a case where if you don't complain about the complainer, you imply agreement?
    Just another troll thread...

    It would be good if vbulletin gave the user the option to hide threads created by trolls instead of having them clutter up the place.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 05-07-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: link to wrong vbulletin version hack deleted

  19. #19
    RadicalModerate is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Total Posts
    8,230
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Liberal Logic



    Trolls and windmills are a recipe for disaster--Al "The UberLib" Gore

  20. #20
    MadMonk Guest

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Just another troll thread...

    It would be good if vbulletin gave the user the option to hide threads created by trolls instead of having them clutter up the place.
    Tsk tsk. Calling names is not a very adult thing to do. Besides, if that sort of thing existed, this section would turn into a very boring echo chamber.

  21. #21
    Sheetkeecker's Avatar
    Sheetkeecker is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Total Posts
    1,242

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Liberal Logic.

    Oxymoron.

  22. #22
    White Peacock's Avatar
    White Peacock is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Total Posts
    767

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    How can a group who would more readily shout "God did it" in lieu of scientific inquiry ridicule anybody else's logical capacity?

  23. #23
    Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Lord Helmet is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Total Posts
    3,144

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by White Peacock View Post
    How can a group who would more readily shout "God did it" in lieu of scientific inquiry ridicule anybody else's logical capacity?
    Because for them faith trumps logic unless it suits their agenda?

  24. #24
    White Peacock's Avatar
    White Peacock is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Total Posts
    767

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Because for them faith trumps logic unless it suits their agenda?
    It's worse than that: for them, faith is logical and always trumps the empirical. Doesn't make sense? God did it, and any alternate explanation is part of a greater liberal agenda to destroy Christianity.

  25. #25
    Sheetkeecker's Avatar
    Sheetkeecker is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Total Posts
    1,242

    Default Re: Liberal Logic

    One must wonder, what "gift" those who claim to "know" what motivates others, provides them with this knowledge.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. More conservative/liberal differences
    By TheTravellers in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 01:32 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 01:59 PM
  3. OSU Liberal Interviews Sen. Inhofe In Video
    By Bunty in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 11:13 PM
  4. What do you know? Another Liberal racist
    By Caboose in forum Politics
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 07:29 AM
  5. Faith/Logic?
    By Karried in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 01:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1