Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    JimTrabersColostomyBag is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    66

    Default Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Heard WMNM going in at NW corner of 36th Ave. and Rock Creek Road.... Anyone else heard that?

  2. #2
    venture's Avatar
    venture is offline David
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,968

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Probably will happen about the same time the new east side Walmart on Hwy 9 goes up. :-P

  3. #3
    Jersey Boss's Avatar
    Jersey Boss is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,279

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    If you are refrencing the property by Perfect Swing, that is owned by LOWE'S

  4. #4
    venture's Avatar
    venture is offline David
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,968

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    If you are refrencing the property by Perfect Swing, that is owned by LOWE'S
    Yeah, I know Lowes was suppose to go in there. However, it was told that Lowes would go on one portion and then a new Supercenter further down to replace the one on 12th.

  5. #5
    ou48A is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,837

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by JimTrabersColostomyBag View Post
    Heard WMNM going in at NW corner of 36th Ave. and Rock Creek Road.... Anyone else heard that?
    That would be a good location. It should do very well as it’s a under served area.

  6. #6
    Ettie is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    If you are refrencing the property by Perfect Swing, that is owned by LOWE'S


    Cleveland county assessor shows that parcel as owned by Perfect Swing and the adjacent part that's currently being farmed (or something) by Trinity Baptist Church. Was this a recent acquisition?

  7. #7
    kevinpate's Avatar
    kevinpate is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,769

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by JimTrabersColostomyBag View Post
    Heard WMNM going in at NW corner of 36th Ave. and Rock Creek Road.... Anyone else heard that?
    Had not heard that. Did you by chance mean the NE or SE corner? There's a 7/11 on the NW corner of NW 36th and W Rock Creek.
    Or is the market going in next to the 7/11?

  8. #8
    venture's Avatar
    venture is offline David
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,968

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Ettie View Post
    Cleveland county assessor shows that parcel as owned by Perfect Swing and the adjacent part that's currently being farmed (or something) by Trinity Baptist Church. Was this a recent acquisition?
    I don't think anyone has provided any documented proof we can view on here. All "inside source" type of information that we can't verify since we aren't "in the know."

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Had not heard that. Did you by chance mean the NE or SE corner? There's a 7/11 on the NW corner of NW 36th and W Rock Creek.
    Or is the market going in next to the 7/11?
    Yeah NE or SE corner would make more sense. At least it is safe to assume they are talking about 36th Ave NW...instead of 36th Ave NE. I think some people forget that there are pairs of nearly all the numbered streets in this city.

  9. #9
    JimTrabersColostomyBag is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Had not heard that. Did you by chance mean the NE or SE corner? There's a 7/11 on the NW corner of NW 36th and W Rock Creek.
    Or is the market going in next to the 7/11?
    Yeah... I'm geographically challenged at times.... NorthEast of 36th NW andRock Creek Road is correct

  10. #10
    cas
    cas is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    I was told this weekend the new Neighborhood Walmart would be at 36th & Tecumseh. I sure hope not. I don't want another Walmart in my neighborhood!! Has anyone else heard? I'm so sick of Walmart. Why can't we get stores like Central Market that's down in Texas? It blows away Whole Foods in my opinion. I'm sure it's because of our liquor laws.

  11. #11
    JimTrabersColostomyBag is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    36th Ave. NW and Rock Creek Road. NE corner for Wal-Mart Neighborhood Grocery
    . Most of the construction happening at Tecumseh Road right now are buildings for medical professionals.

  12. #12
    Boomer3791 is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    I can confirm that this is definitely happening. It will be on the NE corner of NW 36th Ave. & Rock Creek. As a west side resident that hates negotiating the traffic on Robinson to get to Target, WalMart, homeland, etc., I'm very excited about having a Neighborhood Market closeby. The westside needs more grocery options, IMHO.

  13. #13
    rcjunkie is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,160

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer3791 View Post
    I can confirm that this is definitely happening. It will be on the NE corner of NW 36th Ave. & Rock Creek. As a west side resident that hates negotiating the traffic on Robinson to get to Target, WalMart, homeland, etc., I'm very excited about having a Neighborhood Market closeby. The westside needs more grocery options, IMHO.
    This will be very handy for a few quick things, but it won't be able to compete with the new Crest Foods once it's completed.

  14. #14
    Jersey Boss's Avatar
    Jersey Boss is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,279

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    This will be very handy for a few quick things, but it won't be able to compete with the new Crest Foods once it's completed.
    Amen to that.

  15. #15
    cas
    cas is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    This will be very handy for a few quick things, but it won't be able to compete with the new Crest Foods once it's completed.
    Yes it will be handy and nice because the west side needs more options, but I am not happy that it's Walmart. I'm so tired of Walmart. They've brought a lot of jobs to our state, but I miss having true grocery stores to go to. I go to other states and they have real grocery stores that are nice and clean and takes you back to what is was like when we were kids going to the grocery store. Now it's just going to Walmart. Nothing special about that whether its their superstore or neighborhood markert!

  16. #16
    rcjunkie is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,160

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    Yes it will be handy and nice because the west side needs more options, but I am not happy that it's Walmart. I'm so tired of Walmart. They've brought a lot of jobs to our state, but I miss having true grocery stores to go to. I go to other states and they have real grocery stores that are nice and clean and takes you back to what is was like when we were kids going to the grocery store. Now it's just going to Walmart. Nothing special about that whether its their superstore or neighborhood markert!
    Walmart Neighborhood markets sell groceries, what do you consider a "real" grocery store. I've been to Walmart, Target, Safeway, Kroger's, IGA, Albertson's, United, etc; etc;, and I have found that they all had the groceries I was looking for.

  17. #17
    gamecock is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    I agree that we really don't need another Walmart market or another low-cost grocery store in general. We already have Walmart, Homeland, and Wright's IGA.

    What Norman needs is a Sunflower Market, a Whole Foods, a Trader Joe's, a Central Market, an Uptown Grocery. I'm very disappointed that the next two grocery store options will be Crest Foods (home of Rock Bottom Prices) and Walmart Neighborhood Market. It's just more of the same, and it seems like it may reduce the likelihood of something better coming along.

    If you have lived in other places around the country, you have seen that the options are far different (usually far better)...

  18. #18
    MDot's Avatar
    MDot is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,412

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
    I agree that we really don't need another Walmart market or another low-cost grocery store in general. We already have Walmart, Homeland, and Wright's IGA.

    What Norman needs is a Sunflower Market, a Whole Foods, a Trader Joe's, a Central Market, an Uptown Grocery. I'm very disappointed that the next two grocery store options will be Crest Foods (home of Rock Bottom Prices) and Walmart Neighborhood Market. It's just more of the same, and it seems like it may reduce the likelihood of something better coming along.

    If you have lived in other places around the country, you have seen that the options are far different (usually far better)...
    Meh, I'm not against Wal-Mart or Crest but I can agree with this. More specifically I'm not against Neighborhood Wal-Mart's, I don't really like their Supercenter.

  19. #19
    JimTrabersColostomyBag is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Sunflower Market is goint in the Downtown Shopping Center in the space vacated by OU
    next to the liquor store

  20. #20
    RadicalModerate is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,210
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    I hesitate to say this--on account of it has something to do with violating the principle of "not judging a book by its cover"--but there just seems to be an inherent veracity connected with anyone hip enough to monikerize themselves as "JimTrabersColostomyBag".

    Having said that, Post #19 is Poetry.
    (i agree with the satire. it is satire . . . ain't it?)

  21. #21
    Soonerman's Avatar
    Soonerman is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    542

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by JimTrabersColostomyBag View Post
    Sunflower Market is goint in the Downtown Shopping Center in the space vacated by OU
    next to the liquor store
    Is that the old Hobby Lobby building?

  22. #22
    JimTrabersColostomyBag is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Is that the old Hobby Lobby building?
    Correct.....

  23. #23
    kevinpate's Avatar
    kevinpate is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,769

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Very happy to see something being plugged into the former HL on Main. Even happier it is not a lower end establishment. There are more than enough of those along that stretch. Helps to offset the eh factor of the Dental Depot replacing the dead Grandy's building.

    Now, if only someone who knows how and wants to operate a food house would take on the old Carl's.

  24. #24
    rcjunkie is offline Participating Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,160

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Very happy to see something being plugged into the former HL on Main. Even happier it is not a lower end establishment. There are more than enough of those along that stretch. Helps to offset the eh factor of the Dental Depot replacing the dead Grandy's building.

    Now, if only someone who knows how and wants to operate a food house would take on the old Carl's.
    If your talking about the one on Main next to the HS, it's sold and going to become a Taco Casa.

  25. #25
    kevinpate's Avatar
    kevinpate is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,769

    Default Re: Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

    Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    If your talking about the one on Main next to the HS, it's sold and going to become a Taco Casa.
    I was. Good to hear. I hope they have great success. It's just sad to see a food haus fail when it sits on a high traffic count road, not to mention being next door to such a large and somewhat captive base of consumers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Moore Wal-Mart- more problems
    By Patrick in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
  2. Wal-Mart Neighborhood market downtown
    By Survey in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 12:01 PM
  3. Wal-Mart Relocating??
    By obiekabie in forum Suburban & Other OK Communities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 04:02 PM
  4. Wal-Mart and frugality's folly
    By PUGalicious in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 08:32 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 07:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1