As we were first to report early August, local developers Brandon Lodge, Patrick Murnan, and Cale Coulter have purchased the 19,460 square foot building and Prairie will be the anchor tenant.
The following information is from a joint press release of AHMM and Prairie.
- An existing industrial building is reimagined as a modern market hall as part of a wider regeneration of NE 8th street.
- This project involves the sustainable reuse of a dilapidated historic structure, including removal of unplanned external accretions and a new streetscape on the South.
- New building entrances are created on the West and East are connected with a wide shared pedestrian ‘street’.
- The ‘street’ encourages pedestrian interactions due to the location of tenant entrances, dynamic landscaping and the introduction of natural light. This flexible design allows for a vibrant mixed tenancy in both size, type and shape.
- East and West entrances are glazed with operable doors which allow the internal ‘street’ to be open air when weather conditions allow
- A large north facing skylight is introduced to drive natural light deeper in the center of the plan and double height glazing is strategically located to take advantage of the large existing skylights
- The new west entrance doubles as an exterior patio while also providing protection from harsh western sun.
- The existing robust industrial appearance of the interior is contrasted with a refined palette of clear anodized aluminum, glass and plywood shingles
- The generous interior volume is further activated and enhanced with two separate tenant mezzanines.
- The internationally acclaimed brewery - Prairie Artisan Ales - with be housed within in a 4,000 sqft space split between the brewing operations and public tap room
- Anticipated opening date is 2nd quarter 2017.