View Full Version : Car Max

new2ok
02-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Can anyone tell me if they think CarMax will be a postive or negative impact in Oklahoma. Thank you

jbrown84
02-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I think it will definitely have a positive impact on sales tax and spur new development in the area directly around it, which is already a nice area. I would much rather have a nicer car dealership there than and abandoned Sam's building, which has sat there for four or five years.

So I assume CarMax is where your husband will work?

TheImmortal
03-01-2006, 01:07 PM
I just wish one of their main cloros was not that bright yellow. I do not like it at all. But it is always good to have a new dealership, it is is just adding to Edmond's own little "mile of cars." I am all for it.

Patrick
03-01-2006, 10:20 PM
I don't see it being any different from any other major car lot. It definitely won't compete with the Bob Howard Automall, but looks like it will still be a pretty large car lot. What kinds of cars will they be selling? Used? New?

new2ok
03-01-2006, 10:43 PM
They will be selling used, close to new cars with a no haggle price and they will buy your car even if you don't buy from them. I am not a repesentative for this company. I am only telling you what I know.

Patrick
03-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Unfortunately, I think they're going to have a tough time surviving in this market with the no haggle price. We've had quite a few companies try that, only to fall. Why? It's easy to other car sellers to undercut them. Just go see what their selling their cars for, then undercut them. Bob Howard is good about that, and I'll be willing to bet they undercut Car Max big time. They have the capitol to do it.

new2ok
03-01-2006, 11:13 PM
I feel that CM, " In Texas has been very good to their employees" I can't say how they will be treated in Oklahoma. And I don't know if this other company is state known like CM.
I do know that we are willing to give Oklahoma a try, We do have a home to come back to and that means alot to "me". Please keep giving me OKC info if you feel that this is a good or bad place for CarMax.thank you so much.

Patrick
03-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Car Max will be an experiment in this market. Just have to see how it goes.

new2ok
03-01-2006, 11:40 PM
patrick,
I know that GMC has lost alot of employees and I know that some of them will be looking for jobs dealing with cars. Where do you think they will go looking for a job?