View Full Version : Mustang Armory

stick47
09-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Wasn't there supposed to be an open house or something when they got it finished? Maybe I missed it? How about any increase in military presence in the area? I think I saw just one Army vehicle here in the past couple of months.

osu cowboy
10-12-2010, 03:16 PM
The open house was last Thurdays, Oct 7th. Incresed presence will be noticed on weekends mainly by traffic, busy restaturants. Not so much military vehicles, although some may be out and about.

stick47
10-12-2010, 03:19 PM
I saw that in the paper and would have attended except that the day before, my back decided to go out. My luck...

PennyQuilts
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
I saw that in the paper and would have attended except that the day before, my back decided to go out. My luck...
Hope you are feeling better.

osu cowboy
10-13-2010, 08:02 AM
There will be another time to see it. They are making the AFRC's community friendly so I'm sure an event of somekind will be held that you can see it. It's a great facility. One almost identical in Norman right off of Tecumseh Rd.

stick47
10-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks PQ & OSU Cowboy! Guess I'll catch it next time.

MustangYukonite
10-15-2010, 07:59 AM
It's one of the largest in Oklahoma outside of the new one they built at Fort Sill.
My unit is supposed to start drilling there, but no date has been set as of this moment.

stick47
10-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Thank you for your service MustangYukonite!

PennyQuilts
10-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Yes, thank you.

Prunepicker
10-15-2010, 11:25 PM
The open house was last Thursdays, Oct 7th. Increased presence
will be noticed on weekends mainly by traffic, busy restaurants.
Not so much military vehicles, although some may be out and
about.
And once a month, during drill weekend, the restaurant economy
will get a boost for two days. Not to mention the business from
out of town servicemen in local businesses. That's a good thing.

Where is it located?

ljbab728
10-16-2010, 12:11 AM

Where is it located?

It's in the section South of Highway 152 and between Morgan Road and Sara Road in Mustang.

PennyQuilts
10-16-2010, 07:23 AM
It's in the section South of Highway 152 and between Morgan Road and Sara Road in Mustang.

Sorta behind Lowes.

MustangYukonite
10-21-2010, 08:04 AM
You're welcome and thank YOU for your support of the military. PennyQuilts, same to you! Thanks to you both!

MustangYukonite
10-21-2010, 08:15 AM

Where is it located?

Actually it could be each weekend of the month as not all guard and reserve units drill on the same weekends. either way, it's a BOON for Mustang business. They asked us which restaurant we wanted to dine at during our drills....currently we're stuck with Golden Corral at our current location.

osu cowboy
10-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Where is it located?

Off 152 south of the Cosby Ranch store that is closing. There is supposed to be an access off of Sara Rd. too. And it'll be a boost more that once a month. Several guard units will be based there and the Army Reserves. There will be drill activity most every weekend and some fulltime attached also.

Broncho
11-29-2010, 11:32 PM
I remember reading about this development several months ago. The materialization of defense assets is undoubtedly a benefit to the local community. For better or worse, Mustang has certainly grown since the time I called it home.

osu cowboy
11-30-2010, 12:32 PM
I remember reading about this development several months ago. The materialization of defense assets is undoubtedly a benefit to the local community. For better or worse, Mustang has certainly grown since the time I called it home.

Looks like you enjoyed being a Bronco as well as a Broncho! Having lived in or around Mustang for years it is really growing. Still a great little town only not so little anymore.

Broncho
12-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Looks like you enjoyed being a Bronco as well as a Broncho!

You are correct; I will always be a Bronco/Broncho!

Having lived in or around Mustang for years it is really growing. Still a great little town only not so little anymore.

By the time I graduate from UCO, Mustang HS may very well resemble a small university campus. Despite the recent change, Mustang will always be a special place to me.