View Full Version : New hotels on Memorial Road...

slick
10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Anyone have any idea as to what all new hotels being built on Memorial Road are?

There are two being built on the southwest quadrant where Hefner Parkway and Memorial meet (I heard one was a Holiday Inn Express and the other is a Country Inn).

And now I notice a new one being built next to the recently opened Hilton Garden (behind the Springhill Suites).

Does that area really have a need for so many hotels? I'm not complaining, i'm just surprised by the surge of hotels hitting that area.

metro
10-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Sure the area can probably support it, the sad thing is these are about 3-5 story hotels. Too bad we can't see more vertical ones say 10-20 story ones like you see in most cities business corridors.

slick
10-15-2009, 02:36 PM
They're not even 5 stories, one is 3 and the other two are 4 stories.

I'd like to see more taller hotels being built, but I guess something is better than nothing.

redrunner
05-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Anyone have any idea as to what all new hotels being built on Memorial Road are?

There are two being built on the southwest quadrant where Hefner Parkway and Memorial meet (I heard one was a Holiday Inn Express and the other is a Country Inn).

And now I notice a new one being built next to the recently opened Hilton Garden (behind the Springhill Suites).

Does that area really have a need for so many hotels? I'm not complaining, i'm just surprised by the surge of hotels hitting that area.

I barely noticed that new hotel going up behind Springhill Suites today. It's supposed to be a full service Holiday Inn whatever that means. 5 floors. That area is really dense with hotels now.

mugofbeer
05-28-2010, 09:14 PM

Especially when the developer of a Heath Sciences Center hotel can't get financing and that is near 3 major employment centers and has no nearby competition.

Rover
05-28-2010, 10:59 PM
The hotel development is primarily for the new Precure Proton Cancer Treatment center.

Nationally there are few large full service hotels being built anywhere. These are very typical and normal. And most "business" hotels are exactly these types of hotels too. I think what people here want is a big convention center hotel. The other big ones are in large downtowns of major cities or are resort type hotels. We don't have resorts here and it will be awhile before the convention center is built.

okcpulse
05-28-2010, 11:10 PM
For what it's worth, my family and I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton last week, and the greatest portion of the clientele was in Oklahoma City on business. You'd be amazed at the information that can be retrieved in the hotel bar. ;)

Dustin
05-28-2010, 11:30 PM
For what it's worth, my family and I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton last week, and the greatest portion of the clientele was in Oklahoma City on business. You'd be amazed at the information that can be retrieved in the hotel bar. ;)

Lol! This is so true!

Steve
05-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Do share OKC Pulse