View Full Version : HUGE 4th JULY CELEBRATION

Jesseda
06-18-2009, 01:12 PM
12th street park, rumor is 20-30 carnival rides ( they said its going to have at least two times the number of rides as of last year ) and they said a 200 foot ferris wheel will be place in the middle of it all... july 3-4, arts in the park, magic show, etc

Thunder
06-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Sounds like fun! Too bad, I gotta work!!!

360-IM
06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
I usally go to the one in Bethany but if 12th street is going to be that big I may have to go. Anyway if you can find more info on that?

sweetykap
07-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Honesty, I disliked the rides last year! I liked the simplicity of being able to go out to the fields and lay out on a blanket and watch the fireworks. Last year they kept moving us away so they could park cars on the field. It was sad. I am actually disappointed they are having the rides again. :(

Jesseda
07-02-2009, 07:46 AM
cant please all, but i for one loved the rides, oh there isa little hint on parking, park in the neighborhood of east hills on winding creek road, and also on 19th place , on 19th there is a small paved path that leads to the park right by the girls softball fields, my parents live on 19th and lots of people park in that area.

Jesseda
07-02-2009, 01:41 PM
the rides are set up and it looks like they are crating a midway of games, it looks like a county fair, the rides all look great.. large 200ft ferris wheel, and some wild scary rides. there little rides and ramily rides as well

Thunder
07-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Can you give us the city? When does it all start? Hours? Prices? Anything?

shaws007
07-02-2009, 09:51 PM
It is July 3rd 5-10pm and the Fourth from noon til 10pm. Fireworks at 10 pm on the Fourth only. Location is Buck Thomas Park off of NE 12th st in Moore between Eastern and Bryant. No clue on pricing

shaws007
07-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Here is a link to the info on the City of Moore website.
Art In The Park 2009 - City of Moore (http://www.cityofmoore.com/Community/Art%20In%20The%20Park/)

Thunder
07-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Well... The top poster said 3rd and 4th, so that ruined it. I planned to take mom out there today, because my work week starts Friday. If I had known... The carnival actually opened today!

bunchakids
07-04-2009, 06:42 PM
took the family there last night. We figured if we hit it on a friday night it would be less crowded + rain in the forecast for the 4th. Crowds were not bad at all, But the downside is fireworks are only on the 4th.

prices are pretty high, But thats expected when its free to get in. $7.00 indian tacos and $3.50 reguar size drinks. $6.00 funnel cakes. $3.50 snow cones.

Carnival rides look like they need a little maintenance.. But we rode quite a bit. $1.00 per ticket and most of the "bigger" rides are 4 tickets. Kiddie rides are 2 tickets. Wrist bands are $20.00.

We spent about $100 in about 3 hrs with 5 kids in tow. They got to ride about 3 rides each and had some $3.00 hot dogs.

Try the homeade root beer. Around $3.00 for the bottle, But refills are 1.75. its good.

They also had a REAL nice Moore police dept Mustang GT cop car that our tax dollars have paid for on display.

Overall we had a good time...Pretty neat to have right around the corner.

zcamaro70
07-04-2009, 08:12 PM
I believe the fireworks were cancelled for the 4th and are now going to be shot off on Sunday night July 5th at approx. 9:45pm.

bunchakids: The Moore police department Mustang Gt was taken from a drug dealer along with a new Ford Fusion and a bunch of his cash. No taxpayer money was used for that car.

Thunder
07-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I believe the fireworks were cancelled for the 4th and are now going to be shot off on Sunday night July 5th at approx. 9:45pm.

Yeah, it was announced. I wonder if the carnival will have another full day.

Easy180
07-05-2009, 09:50 AM

bunchakids: The Moore police department Mustang Gt was taken from a drug dealer along with a new Ford Fusion and a bunch of his cash. No taxpayer money was used for that car.

Yep...Says it right on the car

bunchakids
07-05-2009, 01:03 PM

Sweet, That makes it even cooler....I stand corrected.:bow:

MrZ
07-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Just have to say, this year's fireworks show was really something. We found a spot at the very northern softball fields and the fireworks were going off pretty much right above us. It looked like they were all in 3D because they kept coming right at us. My 86 year old grandma was with us and she said these were the best fireworks she had ever seen. I got to take my daughter on her first Ferris Wheel ride and we did a few more rides plus got sno cones and funnel cake. Was a pretty enjoyable evening.

Luke
07-06-2009, 04:43 PM
The best fireworks I saw was the New Year fireworks at midnight at the Magic Kingdom. We saw their 4th of July fireworks last year and it was pretty darn cool with the Disneyfied Americana songs and whatnot, but I really liked the New Year fireworks at Disney better.

Heck, their nightly firework show is about 15 minutes long, syncs beautifully with music and I'd say it's better than 99% of 4th of July firework shows I've seen anywhere. So, when Disney does a special fireworks show, you know you're in for something really big. Special shows are typically done right after the nightly show and the whole shebang usually lasts well over 20 minutes.

For the New Year show, the fireworks weren't just above Cinderella's Castle like normal. They were all the way around us. What was amazing is that as the countdown to midnight happened, fireworks in the actual shapes of the numbers shot up in the air all the way around us. So, massive 10s and 9s and 8s were exploding in the air all around us during the countdown. It was awesome. When the countdown reached zero, we were surrounded by a massive ring of fireworks all the way around for the next few minutes synced perfectly to Disney-fied New Year songs.

Ah, I love Disney. :) It was amazing.

Jesseda
07-07-2009, 07:19 AM
cant wait going to magic kingdom next year with the kiddos, thinking of staying at port orleans, any info on this resort luke? first time disneyworld traveler, i been to disneyland at least a dozen times but not the magic kingdom.

Luke
07-07-2009, 09:10 AM
cant wait going to magic kingdom next year with the kiddos, thinking of staying at port orleans, any info on this resort luke? first time disneyworld traveler, i been to disneyland at least a dozen times but not the magic kingdom.

Ya know, as much as we've been to Disney World, I've only stayed on property one time. I stayed at the Pop Century which is basically Disney's version of a Super 8. The basics, clean and Disneyfied. We are just able to save so much money by staying off property.

The convenience of staying on property certainly has it's benefits (no parking fees, free rides everywhere on property, free airport shuttle if you fly into Orlando, access to any resort pool, discounts for meal plans). However, my family is very frugal. When we're in the park, we'll spend like maniacs. When we're not, we keep a tight budget and get better accomodations for the price.

We've even done the time share presentation thing and got free tickets and cheap condo lodging out of it.

:)

Have a blast, I'm jealous. The next time we'll be able to head back that way will probably January or February.